Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

+
I don't know what good the day to day routines will actually do since the interactivity seems pretty narrow.
Like one of CDPRs Dev's said, you only have so much processing power to work with (especially on consoles) so it's a matter of what you think is most important. And that may well change from scene to scene in a game. We clearly saw a destructible environment during the demo, but I'm 1,000,000% sure the environment in the cities streets isn't. Because the processing power is needed to control NPC AI. So as good, or bad, as that AI may be it's throttled mainly by how much processing power is available AFTER you deal with movement, weather, unique NPC visuals, etc. etc. etc.

Like one of CDPRs Dev's said, you only have so much processing power to work with (especially on consoles) so it's a matter of what you think it most important. And that may well change from scene to scene in a game. We clearly saw a destructible environment during the demo, but I'm 1,000,000% sure the environment in the cities streets isn't. Because the processing power is needed to control NPC AI. So as good, or bad, as that AI may be it's throttled mainly by how much processing power is available AFTER you deal with movement, weather, unique NPC visuals, etc. etc. etc.

So maybe ditch those routines and do something meaningful with the newly gained processing power?

1. In the customization menu, you can change your character's appearance by selecting eye mods, skin mods, surface wiring, etc. My suggestion is to completely scrap this and let the in-game mods dictate how modded your character looks, not a simple slider at the beginning of the game. It just seems odd to look modded right out of the character creation to only realize that you don't actually have any mods at all.

2. Add an option to toggle enemy plates and/or healthbars. Some of us want a more immersive experience, knowing when an enemy is about to die diminishes that experience. Same applies for the other NPCs nameplates, they pop up constantly when walking around, add an option to toggle them on and off if we really want to see who a certain character is or whatever.

3. Some dialog options are vastly different to what your character says, example:
Dialog: Could be. Go on, sing your song.
What she says: Interested? Sure. Tell me more.
Make them coincide.

4. NPCs sometimes don't aim/look at the character when they mean to.

5. It'd be nice if you could loot (maybe some, not all) enemy gear: guns, weapons, implants. Like, literally what they have, not some random loot. And in order to get their implants you'd need the tools to do so.

6. Special skills (engineering, hacking) being a "one-button" thing is kind of... lame? Granted puzzles are also kind of meh.

7. Now one of the most imporant points: Gunplay.
It feels weak, like the guns have no impact (except the shotgun, although it could sound better). Weapons need better sounds (so you can feel the punch they pack) and visuals: recoil, muzzles, smokes, shells flying from it as you fire your gun, etc.

Enemies are also an important part of this: again, the shotgun does a great job, but everything else feels like you are not even hitting them. Perhaps the numbers are too distracting and even block said visual feedback, but we need enemies to really feel like they are getting unloaded a whole magazine on their chest. If enemies are gonna be "bullet-spongy" by nature (due to it being an RPG) at least make firing at them even more engaging (armor falling off, screams of pain, limbs getting ripped apart, etc). The shotgun does rip limbs and it feels great, make the other guns do this too if you repeatedly hit them on the same spot. As of now they just kind of shake until they awkwardly die (also there appears to be a bug with them dying mid animation, as seen here). Overall combat needs to feel more visceral and brutal. The pistol feels like a peashooter, and so does the smart gun.

Auto-aiming smart guns seem bland design-wise. I'm sure there are better ways of designing a smart weapon that's also fun to use and not just "get them in this reticle and press left click". Like initially firing targeting rounds and having then consequent damaging rounds lock onto those, so you can potentially miss them, or have all your shots focus on a single target, or target specific points and not just enemies, etc.

8. NPCs need more awareness. Here you can see an enemy talking to two other enemies. V then murders him and the two that he was talking to don't even notice, could be done better. This will also boost and make stealth gameplay more fun.

Last edited:
I still would have prefared a full 3rd person perspective, but the Demo in 1st person looked amazing and seems to work and play perfectly.
My only gripe with the Demo is that I was hoping to see the player character during dialogues. Kind of like Fallout 4 does it. Actually not like Fallout 4 does it, because that's totally buggy and messed up, lol. But you get my meaning.
Maybe not in heated situations, like during the deal with the scavengers, but when talking to NPCs on the street and stuff like that. When not much else is happening.

The characters look so great and the female V from the Demo looks especially badass, it'd be a shame not to see the character more ingame, apart from cutscenes.

But all in all I can't wait for this game to finally come out. Probably the first game in like 5 years that is actually worth getting hyped for.

That's a problem.
I bet for people who expected deep RP mechanic. But I personally never did. I fell in love with CDPR games exactly because they made excellent cinematic action-adventures with RPG elements. They basically took over from Bioware's Mass Effect and Dragon Age, and improved quality of narrative and presentation.

If only I knew.
As I've mentioned before, there are certain advantages to being an IRL programmer and semi-professional game designer when it comes to understanding how and why things in games work.

I bet for people who expected deep RP mechanic. But I personally never did. I fell in love with CDPR games exactly because they made excellent cinematic action-adventures with RPG elements.
Just means you're smarter then we are :p

When I buy Cyberpunk 2077 it'll be for the story. I've noticed a few inconsistencies in the demo.

1. The doctor recommends a dosage of two now and two in an hour. She takes one dosage at the chair and then moves on.
2. Why doesn't Dex give her the EDIs she needs to buy the robot? It doesn't make sense for her to have to go through the corpo agent.

I know these are small elements but weird inconsistencies which bother me, so I thought I might as well bring them up.

I bet for people who expected deep RP mechanic. But I personally never did. I fell in love with CDPR games exactly because they made excellent cinematic action-adventures with RPG elements. They basically took over from Bioware's Mass Effect and Dragon Age, and improved quality of narrative and presentation.

Well, I did kind of expect some tangible mechanics due to the source material and since CDPR has been pretty adamant about their "troo RPG, not a shooter" claim.

I don't care about cinematics or action adventures and narrative alone is just a CYOA thing. A good RPG has good RPG mechanics (not just elements) and interplays with well rounded choices and consequences to it's narrative (if it is that kind of narrative RPG). Now it seems only the latter rings true. And it's pretty disappointing.

The last Bioware game I played was DAO and I didn't finish it (due to the mob grind). Their later products have seemed pretty uninteresting.

1. The doctor recommends a dosage of two now and two in an hour. She takes one dosage at the chair and then moves on.
That bugged me too. She takes one dose, not two. And I'm pretty sure that later on in the game you won't end up taking another.

Admittedly, it's a minor thing, but it stands out. Do NOT put in comments about actions that should happen if they're not going to happen.

I was really hoping it would be a case of the player being given the puffer, and needing to manually use it twice, and then remember to use it twice again later or suffer ill effects. That would have been wonderful world building. Really make you feel like you've gone through surgery and need to recover.

2. Why doesn't Dex give her the EDIs she needs to buy the robot? It doesn't make sense for her to have to go through the corpo agent.
I figure it's cause he just wanted you to steal it. But there should have at least been an option to get him to give you money for it. And then you should be able to choose whether or not to try and get money out of the corp lady. And hell, maybe you could then use Dex's money to pay for the bot, then screw over the corp lady and give her nothing, and then give Dex the virus money stick you got from her and mess him up too.

Where are the options we were promised?!
Post automatically merged:

Well, I did kind of expect some tangible mechanics due to the source material and since CDPR has been pretty adamant about their "troo RPG, not a shooter" claim.
Yeah, from what I've seen, that claim has no truth to it. They just made another shooter and not an RPG.
Not saying it won't be a fun shooter, but it is clearly a shooter. Which is disappointing.

Yeah, from what I've seen, that claim has no truth to it. They just made another shooter and not an RPG.
Not saying it won't be a fun shooter, but it is clearly a shooter. Which is disappointing.

A cinematic action adventure with branching narrative and some simulation elements came to my mind, since there is supposed to be some non-combat stuff there too.

All the same though. If that really ends up being the case, and the RPG systems won't get highlighted more.

I'm trying hard to wave the work in progress flag, but... I dunno.

Just one wish. Finally make the game Difficult. Because the Witcher 3 was very casual and boring. Make the game a good balance, the economy.
And i really hope that companions will be weak and will not kill your enemies.

Last edited:
I mean, overall, it's not terrible. Deus Ex or the later Mass Effect games come to mind, or Dishonored. You can have some really good shooters that have some RPG elements to them, and hopefully some meaningful choices. So overall it will still likely be a really fun game.

It's just not going to be the RPG they promised.

Everything I saw from the gameplay showing I liked for the most part. They made it abundantly clear that things will change and I'm 99% sure whatever I would want them to change they will do it in the optimization process, but I'll just speak my mind anyway.

1. Just getting it out of the way, obviously npcs shouldn't be talking even their heads are blown off.

2. I agree that there should be a cleaner solution of showing damage metrics to enemies. The way it was presented reminded me a little of Destiny sorta. They can just show the health bar instead of show numbers fly across the screen and of course have the option of turning off health bars and damage metrics.

3. Some textures need some work.

4. Give us the ability to run people over with the car. I'm sorry but after I realized you could fully drive (I knew there going to be driveable vehicles but I didn't think you could actually fully drive manually; I thought it was just going to act as a fast travel system). I'm curious if you could drive around and run people over with the car and steal other peoples' cars?

That's really it. I don't have really much to say other than I'm really impressed with what I saw. At this point, I'm more or less open to what I'm going to receive and not thinking that hard about it. I was about to say they really need to nail the sense of choice down hard but I think "sense of choice" to me is more abstract and I can't really explain what they need to do to accomplish that.

A cinematic action adventure with branching narrative and some simulation elements came to my mind, since there is supposed to be some non-combat stuff there too.

All the same though. If that really ends up being the case, and the RPG systems won't get highlighted more.

I'm trying hard to wave the work in progress flag, but... I dunno.
Whether it's RPG with FPS elements or FPS with RPG elements is decided on the drawing board before actual production starts. So at that point such change is impossible. We gonna get what we see here now.

As a side note, I remember some youtuber (yongea?) a while back posted some rumors that game took a drastic change in direction and isn't RPG-first anymore, but a FPS basically. Everyone was up in arms or refused to believe dismissing him as a bs clickbaiter. Now it has almost a 99% positive reception, despite basically, being a different game than announced in 2013. How come?

First of all great presentation. This game looks insane. Love the style and dark and gritty style.

What i noticed when you are driving in the car allot of places are empty when driving. Where is all the population when driving. I dont know if it was because it looked like an industrial place but it was to empty in a city like that

Top Bottom