Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

+
Hello!

First of all, this looks so amazing CDPR, just amazing. But, I have a few things I'd like to have said!

What I didn't like

1. The Mantis Blades design
Though I'm very hyped for the Mantis Blades, the design of them in the demo turned me off a lot. They are no blades at all. Here, they looked more like metal picks instead of actual deadly blades, as how they are seen in the 2013 teaser as well as on the 2013 teaser-statue. I feel the Mantis Blades have worked a little bit as a marketing thing for the game, but having them look completely different from other CP2077 media feels very off and a little bit misleading. But, if we'll able to change the look of the blades, or maybe install better versions of them that looks like the blades I mentioned above, then that would be perfect. Maybe have Katana blades, hmm?

2. Character creation (Mainly face- and body-customization)
We did not see too much of it in the demo, but by the looks of it we'll only have the options to pick between presets and combining them. Sliders are, personally, the best way to go for any RPG. To be able to customize your character into the finest details is key to making you feel as immersed in the world as possible.

3. Lack of cars on roads
The main road where we fought against the scavengers had incoming traffic and it looked very good! But, later in the demo we didn't see any cars at all. Sure, those roads were mainly smaller roads, backroads and alleyways but still, I'd like to see more cars on the roads!

Now, onto to the fun stuff!

What I liked

1. The FPP
Wow. When FPP was announced, I was really happy because I instantly suspected that for a narrative perspective it would suit the game most. And it sure did. Can't say anything else than perfect, love it.

2. Combat
The combat here looked very fluid and immersive, both ranged, melee as well as the vehicular combat. The fact that you can swap between the two types of styles effortlessly (ranged and melee) is just so nice.

3. The color scheme
You knocked this one out of the park. I love the hard grey concrete with the neon lights/colors on top of it. It gives this gritty and serious feel, but at the same time dreamland-esque feeling.

And that concludes my general thoughts about the demo! Overall, it looks unbelievable and unreal, I can not believe this game is actually coming out, it's a dream come true. But with that, I and many others want it to be perfect, and I am sure you will deliver.

Take your time CDPR, and deliver the best game of this generation and the generation to come.

//Dribbiz

Last edited:
I loved it. As a long time (like early 1990s) player of the tabletop and a massive fan of the genre overall, I don't think I could ask for much more. There maybe some quibbles, but since so much is likely to change between now and release it doesn't seem worth the effort, especially since, as I just said, only quibbles.

However, please consider taking whatever extra time you need and get that TPP option in! FPP is less immersive for me because I always find it at least a little disorienting. Unlike many other people clammoring for this, I don't get motion sickness, but the lack of any sense of a body (proprioception) always pulls me straight out the experience. As good as it was, I couldn't get into Doom, to name just one example, because being just a floating camera with a gun duct taped to it is the very opposite of immersion for me. At least with TPP I can see where my avatar is in the environment, even if I can't feel it, and that makes all the difference in getting that immersive experience.

Here's a couple of bonus reasons why I thought this would be in TPP:
  • While we haven't seen much much of melee (sweet decap though), melee was always a big part of my TT experience. FPP melee is always going to suck compared to how awesome TPP melee can look and feel.
  • Cover. Cover was of enormous importance in the TT. So important, in fact (at least in my experience), that I really expected a 3rd person cover shooter, shoot'n'scoot style, to be how this game would play. Obviously I have no say, but I thought it was a no brainer. I mean, what else are dataterms for?

This game looks like the true RPG experience I have been waiting for! I'm beyond excited! Congrats to the team for making such an ambitious game. The only suggestion I have is how I hope the relationship system in the game is a deep experience. I hope it is the most robust relationship system of any RPG. Grand Theft Auto IV had a decent relationship system for 10 years ago, and in a lot of ways it really made Liberty City seem like a real place. The relationship mechanics also helped Mass Effect become a more immersive experience. With the advanced tech, the Cyberpunk 2077 team have the potential to break through to even more expansive ground with their own relationship mechanics. This system could display another side to the world, making it even more immersive, and giving the game world even more personality. I don't know what Cyberpunk's Relationship mechanics will entail but I'm excited to see in the future. These mechanics really tie the bow of the game world for me, and there really is so much they can do with it. Thank you so much to everyone on the team!

What did you like? What would you like to change? Try to keep it neat and preferably numbered or lettered.

Speaking of which ( I have a lot, but just gonna do three) :

1. Option to remove the damage numbers above target's heads.

Edit: IT'S IN!
Will the HUD and Damage Numbers above the heads be adjustable?

Aug 28/18 Marcin Momot: "That is exactly our plan. A lot of HUD elements (including damage numbers) will be optional. "

2. Difficulty level where enemies -and- V are both less resilient unless equipped with serious armor.

3. Dialogue options clearly based on my stats and skills - Persuade [3], Intimidate[7], Seduce[2], Cower[4], etc.

1. Remove name of NPC too

3. Agree, dialogue options clearly based on my stats and skills

There is an error in the minute 41:49 41:50 of the gameplay video. The Maelstrom Ganger keeps screaming "my legs" even though his head is destroyed, perhaps his "lament" should be interrupted once he is shot in the head

Keen regards

Just watched the demo.

I have never been this excited about a game ever. I read the private press showing run-down once and when I watched this realised just how excited I was about this game as I remembered it all exactly and

YOU HAVE MADE THE GAME LOOK EXACTLY LIKE I IMAGINED IT IN MY HEAD!

This is going to be the best game of all time, ever, as far as I am concerned and you have made it happen. (The Witcher 3 is my current all-time favourite!)

In a time where it's become an industry standard to expect lower expectations of new, often rushed releases by either greedy or lazy developers infested with bugs and needing patch after patch finishing (if we're lucky) a fully priced and released product. CD PROJEKT RED, you stand out in your dedication to what really matters to gamers and for that, I applaud, love and adore you, every single one of you, to me, you lead the way and set the industry standard.

I rarely ever buy a new game and it's even rarer that I'd pay full price for a game (The Witcher 3 being one of those purchases). You are the rare exception I make and while I really weigh up if I should spend £50 on a new game instead of talking myself out of it and waiting years for sales, I'd seriously pay a months wages for this game, your hard work and to simply support you as a company I hold so dear to my heart. Heck, I'd set up a subscription just to support you. I hope every other gaming company follows your example and aim to match your dedication.

Thank you for honouring our trust and faith in you.

I cannot praise you enough.

You have absolutely nailed it.

Bravo.

Guest 4211861

can we smoke , drink and eat ? cose there is nothing more fun then drinking after a hard job :sneaky:

yes, that's in the demo (scotch bottle near the bed and mentioned at the end again, inhaler given by ganger druggie, DD smokes a phat one in the limo)

except for the eating part, there doesn't seem to be any food, just scotch and PCP

is that better or worse? I can't tell

I absolutely loved the demo.

Currently I don't have any points of criticism or praise to make as everything I could think of has already been discussed by many others.

a) Just want to say that I really really hope for the "bladerunner-" and "altered carbon-like" visuals and overall dystopian feel. Mainly at night. You know, very dense architecture, heavy neons, super tall skyscrapers, lots of rain and urban claustrophobic jungle of concrete.

b) Maybe some merchants with f**ed up artificial food and drugs or whatever would be nice extras haha.

c) Now that I think about it, the game could have more dark and depressing overall feel. Let us really see the poor, the devastated individuals in contrast with those preying on the poor. Be it the corpos or even street level black market, gangs and other vicious individuals.

Thank you and I wish you good luck with the development.

Maybe this is already in the works, but I would like there to be more then one car the only vehicle you come across, as well the only kind of vehicle combat scenario you kinda get is the random encounters.

Outside of that everything else in my opinion is looking great and I am almost certainly going to buy this game when its ready.

What did you like? What would you like to change? Try to keep it neat and preferably numbered or lettered.

Speaking of which ( I have a lot, but just gonna do three) :

1. Option to remove the damage numbers above target's heads.

Edit: IT'S IN!
Will the HUD and Damage Numbers above the heads be adjustable?

Aug 28/18 Marcin Momot: "That is exactly our plan. A lot of HUD elements (including damage numbers) will be optional. "

2. Difficulty level where enemies -and- V are both less resilient unless equipped with serious armor.

3. Dialogue options clearly based on my stats and skills - Persuade [3], Intimidate[7], Seduce[2], Cower[4], etc.

1.) I really like the fighting areas, the scav house and the Maelstrom hideout with all the blood everywhere and bassy fast-paced music felt like entering a really f*cked up place, perfect way to portray the gangs of NC.
2.) The Maelstrom gang it felt kind of off though, I think a fanatic/berserk type of personality would have suited them better since they want to become machine they should keep fighting after losing limbs and such since they are used to "get their skin carved", that will make them standout from other gangs, but the look of them is on point and characters like dum dum feel very refreshing and unique, more so than Royce.
3.) Jackie's voice fits the face and friendly personality, and I wonder if you guys are gonna add more options for companions, like, a sneaky asian solo, or a glitchy russian bot that wasn't translated to english, or maybe dum dum himself.
4.) Gameplay-wise guns need to be louder and feel heavier, double jumping is absolutely out of place (one big jump is much better).
5.) Also, one thing I loved doing after completing TW3 was climbing onto Novigrad buildings and watch the city from above, I'm wondering if we could officially do that in NC since we now get a proper climbing mechanic aka the mantis blades.

Thank you very much for all your effort, you guys are a blessing <3

I feel like a context based blindfire would work well in this game and be really immersive. Perhaps if you are up against cover and shoot without aiming down sight V will blindfire over/around the cover?

Maybe it as be already said (won't scroll 13 pages)
  1. Some animations seems a bit stiff ( Car on the road, firearm must have recoil, ..)
  2. I will play a female V, but I don't want to wake up and see a naked man. Can we have a setting for 'sexual orientation' in the character creation like 'male/female/whatever' ?
  3. The damage point display is optional, but it must display in the same graphical design as the HUD, not this arcade style popping over ennemies head.
  4. Are you afraid or anxious to gain the status of video games' gods ? and how you will top that ?
Love you guy, keep up the good work.

1) double jumping is absolutely out of place, I think they need to sort this out.

2) I want improvement on the AI system, the AI seems good but If I upgrade my skills and weapons, I expect the AI skills and levels to match my skills and levels no just health bar that increases and require more bullets to take the enemy out. Let the AI of the NPC act in a way that copy a real human thinking. this is a big game, and AI should be hardcore just like the story and everything else.

3) Animation, see the last of us E3 trailer, its so smooth it looks like a real human moving and not objects. Please use same tech and smooth NPC movements and how they react and die animation.

4) allow customization to everything in the game, from graphics down to the door handle.

5) Focus on the sound of the guns, make each weapon has bolder sound.

6) destructible environment more, add more allow more objects to go down.

7)Gunplay. ( taken from another comment)
It feels weak, like the guns have no impact (except the shotgun, although it could sound better). Weapons need better sounds (so you can feel the punch they pack) and visuals: recoil, muzzles, smokes, shells flying from it as you fire your gun, etc.

PC power is big, and new graphics card from nvidia and AMD are powerful for both smart AI calculation and destructible environment, so make this part of the game. explore this area more.

note: The guy in the demo got his legs taken out, and said Jesus christ, m my legs. that was funny, add some comedy to the fight but make it unexpected and random. Make many characters memrobale like in 5 years after game releases, we still remember how cool and bad ass those characters were. PS FAR CRY3 lord Vaas Montenegro, this character will remain in history of gaming world because of his bad ass style and unique acting. something like this.

CDPR team, you are the best. If you make at least one character in this game, like Vaas, who is such an insane villain you will win everything. but I am afraid that the video game industry will never repeat a character like Vaas.,,, at lease try.

Last edited:
One MAJOR think I don't think I saw any of was lens flair. Just having those bright neon flairs in contrast to the rest of the (mostly) dark and gloomy environment would make all of this gameplay all the more spectacular to watch, not to mention play.

First of all I want to congratulate CD Project Red on their milestone with Cyberpunk 2077 and wish them the best of luck with developing and finishing the game!
Before I being with my feedback, I want to note that everything I don't mention should be considered as a positive and that I liked, this I'm not writing about it, because in this post I'm going to focus on some of the things I think can be improved or wll be improved, but in this demo we obviously see the unfinished product.

Again I liked the large majority of what I saw, but I'm going to focus on what can be improved from the start of the video.

One thing that you notice from the beginning of the video and that prevails till the end is the enemies/AI and the fact that they appear to be on the weaker side on the scale. Now I know it might be just for the purpose of the demo that the gameplay was at easier setting, so we get to actually progress through the gameplay, rather than spend 20 minutes in just one fight, but I think it's worth noting that enemies/AI seemed rather weak. They did die quite quickly and their damage to your character was weak as well.

Second thing you notice and prevails through the demo is that your friend that is helping you "jackie" or whatever his name is, doesn't really do much in terms of killing enemies or covering for you. It seems like the onus is 100% on the player to go through the enemies and your NPC friend there it basically mostly for the story element of it. He rarely did anything in terms of actually killing enemies or fighting alongside you, it was pretty much 100% on the player to kill all enemies and do everything.

I feel like when you are doing a quest with a character/s beside you, they should do more in every aspect. More to kill enemies, more to cover for you, more to flank enemies, maybe even find alternative ways for you once in a while.

When driving the car, there didn't appear to be many cars on the streets, considering this is supposedly the densest of the regions you'll play in, it seemed a bit lacking in other vehicles. I feel like the roads need to be denser at least in this supposedly dense region and sprawling with vehicles.

Another issue when you took to drive the car was the visuals, it all got so dark and dull all of a sudden. Like when walking on leg everything felt so alive and colorful, lights, billboards, almost the whole demo was in daylight, but when you started driving it became really dark and dull colors. A lot of washed up colors. At about 24 minutes and 40 seconds in, it goes dark. It feels like you are driving basically at dusk, even though it's still middle of the day and sunny once the car chase is over and you start driving in 3rd person perspective!

There also doesn't appear to be any status or text or anything showing how much 'eddies' you have or how much eddies you are spending. When you complete the first mission to rescue the girl, Jackie says they are now 50k richer, but nowhere is it shown. It doesn't show you how much eddies you gain or lose when you make a transaction. Later on V buys a soda from a vending machine and again there is nothing to show how much eddies you spent. we have no clue how much the soda cost. I feel like there should be so visible indication of how much eddies you are spending.

Finally I'd like to ask for a 3rd person perspective of your character when IDLE. I think the FPP makes sense, it plays nice, it works with the dialogue system you have, I'm 100% fine with it, THAT SAID it would be a MASSIVE SHAME not to be able to look at your character in the environment, standing besides NPC's and look at your customized and pimped out character. I feel like you should be able to go to a 3rd person perspective when your character is idling. Say you stand in place for 10 second doing nothing, no movement or anything, you should then have the option to see your character from a 3rd person perspective and be able to move the camera around him/her for the best possible view.

I don't think this will take anything away from the FPP, it won't mix in with it, it won't change anything, it will just give the players a convenient way to see their character. half the FUN of RPG's is to look at your character customizations, to look at the armor and weapons you equip your character, see how it looks, in essence see the character growth in power as you acquire better and better loot. I really hope you implement this as it won't take away anything, but add to the game and make it MUCH better in my view, by allowing players to see the custom character that they created, that is literally half the fun and again doing it when you are idling with your character won't take away anything from the FPP, you still play it in FPP, but you also get to now see your character when you are not actively playing the game. I don't see ANY reason why not to do what I suggest here, I think it will only add to the game and make it better.

I do not want to sound harsh but after watching the 40-minute-long video, I can say I see no feasible reason why you guys at CDred did not implement TPP.

When It comes to game play I think the animations looked mediocre, (compared to titles like Last of Us 2 or Red Dead Redemption 2), same goes for meshes and textures in general.

Game even now looks little dated, I fear by the time it comes out it will be even worse.

Driving in empty streets as loading screen buffer was also very unimpressive, same for the abundant use of scripted scenes.

However, the worse was the gun play, it was just bad with bullet spongy enemies.

I'm sorry if both points have been mentioned already, but after reading a bunch of posts I don't feel like going 13 pages (I don't have the time, either).

I loved virtually anything I've seen in the demo, with the overall art direction being the absolutely highlight. This is not just a game that fits my idea of what cyberpunk should look like, but it expands it as well. I found everything on the aesthetic side way beyond my most optimistic expectations.

That said, I have primarily two concerns, mostly related to mechanics and balance.
1- I hope we are not going to see bullet-sponge enemies who don't have pretty damn good reasons for being "tanky" and above all I hope we are not going to see "leveled" enemies of the same type (i.e. a shirtless goon without enhancements should always be a pushover who dies quickly. I don't want a level 1 and level 20 variation of the same thing, with the former tougher for no apparent reasons.
2- It's about loot. I'm fine with the game having different tiers of the same sort of weapons (i.e. a cheap shotgun and a very high tech one which is way more powerful) but what I'd find absolutely dreadful is constantly finding the same shotgun which does more and more damage at every "level up". Weapons should be a "one and done" thing, so to speak. If it's the same model, it should do the same damage at the beginning and at the end of the game.
Conversely, I don't really want to see s "top tech corporate weapon lvl 5" which sucks ass compared to a "common ghetto junk lvl 30" hours later. If it's introduced as a "top of the line gun", it should be a top of the line gun, period.
Take it away from me if you have to, and force me to rebuild/track down my arsenal after some key event, if it fits the game, but don't ask me to accept that a top MILITECH gun should be replaced by an higher level peashooter after a while.

And if the developers are struggling to come up with a way to make this "scale things properly", my only suggestion is "just don't".
There's just no need to scale things up. Don't put us in a scenario where you are constantly switching weapons to keep up with levels. I'm completely fine with finding something decent (but rare and/or hard to get) and keeping it for half a game if I have to.

This ill advised idea that it's not a proper RPG if numbers aren't ramping up constantly across 100 hours of gameplay is garbage, anyway.

Top Bottom