Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

+
as some ppl don't like the sponginess of enemies, maybe to give some variety, make modifiers to the difficulty.
so instead of just hard/medium/easy and making enemies take more hits. make a 'glass canon' difficulty where you and NPC's can be killed quickly.
but give others the option to change it in other ways, that keep some of the sponginess if the context warrants it (say the boss has a exo suit or some armor implants.}
or other modifiers, like a reality difficulty where you can only have weapons on you that you can carry, so no holding 6 weapons and 10 grenades.
it will make balancing more difficult but could work i think.
Post automatically merged:

I'm sorry if both points have been mentioned already, but after reading a bunch of posts I don't feel like going 13 pages (I don't have the time, either).

I loved virtually anything I've seen in the demo, with the overall art direction being the absolutely highlight. This is not just a game that fits my idea of what cyberpunk should look like, but it expands it as well. I found everything on the aesthetic side way beyond my most optimistic expectations.

That said, I have primarily two concerns, mostly related to mechanics and balance.
1- I hope we are not going to see bullet-sponge enemies who don't have pretty damn good reasons for being "tanky" and above all I hope we are not going to see "leveled" enemies of the same type (i.e. a shirtless goon without enhancements should always be a pushover who dies quickly. I don't want a level 1 and level 20 variation of the same thing, with the former tougher for no apparent reasons.
2- It's about loot. I'm fine with the game having different tiers of the same sort of weapons (i.e. a cheap shotgun and a very high tech one which is way more powerful) but what I'd find absolutely dreadful is constantly finding the same shotgun which does more and more damage at every "level up". Weapons should be a "one and done" thing, so to speak. If it's the same model, it should do the same damage at the beginning and at the end of the game.
Conversely, I don't really want to see s "top tech corporate weapon lvl 5" which sucks ass compared to a "common ghetto junk lvl 30" hours later. If it's introduced as a "top of the line gun", it should be a top of the line gun, period.
Take it away from me if you have to, and force me to rebuild/track down my arsenal after some key event, if it fits the game, but don't ask me to accept that a top MILITECH gun should be replaced by an higher level peashooter after a while.

And if the developers are struggling to come up with a way to make this "scale things properly", my only suggestion is "just don't".
There's just no need to scale things up. Don't put us in a scenario where you are constantly switching weapons to keep up with levels. I'm completely fine with finding something decent (but rare and/or hard to get) and keeping it for half a game if I have to.

This ill advised idea that it's not a proper RPG if numbers aren't ramping up constantly across 100 hours of gameplay is garbage, anyway.

some good points. maybe to alleviate this have the option if you find a 'peashooter' thats levels better than your current 'corpo rifle', you could break down the peashooter for parts and upgrade you corpo rifle to the new level.
its not perfect but i agree i hated losing that armor i loved in TW3 because another was higher level.

Last edited:
Most people have already said many things I saw as flaws, however one that I'd like to see while walking out and about is to make people look like they are realistic in the world, all different shapes and sizes and colour too please. Everyone looked slim and spot on as if they had all just left a gym! All the clothes they were wearing were tight fit and didn't look out of place, it just looked so unrealistic imo.

I love how you have made the streets look very busy and full of life, all the colours and magic you've managed to create a believable environment with so much going on all around. I'm sure there are many things which we haven't yet seen which could change and make it even better. I feel the roads need more work though and I don't want it to be GTA 10 or Watchdogs 5 as I'm not a massive fan of that type of game.

But you guys have worked real hard and I am looking forward to see more and hope it will be open world like Witcher 3 was. I thought you did a good job of that so seeing how you've evolved from that will be great.

I have a suggestion...

I want to play as a donut.

I want to play as a ex-police force donut recently fired because it accidentally shot a young burrito in the dick. Days go by when suddenly the donut receives a call from an old college friend, Jackie. Then from here we go to the customization menu where I can pick the age of my donut, what color frosting and what type of neon glow would I want on the sprinkles. Please give my donut a trenchcoat, aswell. Btw, you guys are doing great! (y)

The one thing that I hope will be expanded upon is the character creator. As it is, it looks as though we just have the option of selecting presets. I would prefer to be able to modify our features via sliders, or push and pull capabilities like Fallout 4 and the Sims 4 as this allows for a greater range of being able to create a face to your liking. When I create a character I already have a face in mind, so being able to edit the nose, lips, brow, jaw, to make it how I picture it in my head makes for a more satisfying experience.

This gameplay demo was incredible.
Thank you very much for trusting the community enough to share it with us.

I have a few points of feedback based on my observations of the gameplay.

For some reason, I felt almost claustrophobic within the confines of the camera. I couldn't figure out why So I mapped out some calculations.

Please see the attached picture.

If there are any architectural drafters/masters of perspective, please correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like there is a generous Horizontal Field of view of approximately 100 degrees.

The Veritcal FOV appears to be approximately 75 degrees.

I'm usually all for a very wide FOV, but for some reason, the 100 degree Horizontal FOV almost feels like too much without distortion. Maybe scale that back to 90 degrees or apply a soft gradient peripheral blur to anything beyond the 90 Degree cone of vision.

I think what also added to this is how intrusive some objects are on the screen. When getting in to the car, the car's dash, while incredibly impressive, took up close to 60% of the viewable screen. This made it very hard to look past it and get a proper sense of depth. The Eye level of the character is only a few inches above the dash, and then there's the car's HUD projected on to the windshield.

I felt this way also while watching V carry some guns like the shotgun. The way the gun is positioned, it's almost smack dab in the middle of the screen. Lower it a little bit on the screen and narrow the perspective on it to portray a greater sense of depth in relation to the character and surroundings. I felt this way about the mantis blades. As awesome as they look, while equipped, they consumed screen space.

Some rules of thumb regarding cameras, focus, FOV, etc.

> A Cone of Vision Between 30 and 60 degrees is what the eye can generally "focus" on. This Area should remain relatively clear of obstructive character objects except when aiming down the sights. Guns being fired from the hip or from shoulder shouldn't generally occupy this space.

> looking past a gun being fired from the hip or shoulder will cause your vision to blur on the gun. This is important so that foreground character objects do not fight for the attention of your eyes vs the environment you're trying to focus on.

Thank you again for the opportunity to submit feedback. I have no doubts that CDPR is going to deliver an amazing experience.
CP2077FOV1.jpg

I admit, CP had me worried that it was going to be terrible since nothing was shown for the longest time except behind closed doors. Seeing it, I was both happy and sad about it. I know its in alpha so I wont judge too harshly. Not enough people to look truly like a lived in place. I imagine a bustling amount of people like in NY city at a busy intersection or subway. Prob due to assets not all in. Also too clean environments with not enough grit or chachkies. (Useless crap that makes places looked lived in.) I love being able to look at my character and see all the cool upgrades I got, outfit changes etc, so the use of only 1st perspective still kills me about this game. I hate FPP so that usually makes games an auto pass for me. What you have looks good enough to get the point across and still hype me about the game, until I remember I cant see my character whenever I want... The car play in Batman Arkym, GTA, all games never excites me and causes me to drop a lot of games or grow bored until out of the car. I want cool engaging story and fights. The car looks cool and all, but I cant see me enjoying it, so I hope it doesnt play a huge role. It scares me. Graphics arent too bad. The environment design seems like itll be fun once all assets are in.It feels like we'll get a great Ghost in the shell game yet! Seriously, what I saw did catch my interest and made me want to play so youre on the right track. I just want to be able to switch to 3rd person. Just seeing my character in the menu is lame. Oh and i want the option to be left handed. Keep up the great work!

My 2 cents to add to the feedback:

The Aesthetic. The aesthetic in this game is nailed beautifully, I can't wait either to explore the city and check ALL the things!

Animations. The animations are actually brilliantly done. I don't have an issue with it, but I think the weapons should have a little more BANG to them, they feel weak. However, I haven't played it so take that with a piece of salt. The HUD is also fine, just make sure it doesn't blend in with the background whatever direction you decide to take the HUD in.
You should also add an FOV slider. Every game has one, I don't get how (or atleast i think) this has gone under the radar but toggleable damage numbers haven't.

The Driving. I think the driving is spot on. As long as it's not too tight to where it's an annoyance, it should be okay.

If you consider on adding a light multiplayer component, try looking at Watch Dogs 2 and how it seamlessly connects to players on the fly as you're travelling in free roam. I think this would make a good mechanic in the crowded districts, and would give your character you created more purpose, and make the game more fun when you're engaging in the world roaming around, though I think it should be added later on as a toggleable, but disabled by default feature. This is primarily a single-player experience, after all.

Oh, and if you haven't already added it yet, but on Discord people hope eating is also a thing. Eating restoring your health or some other bar (there are medicines that do this though, i know this, but there could be a catch to it, like having it regenerate slowly than medicine.) would be the most logical, but I'm not sure how that can be used for other than just a part of the roleplay aspect. Add animations for it, because in the demo when you showed the advertisement, she didn't put her hand on the advertisement and there were no drinking animation. Maybe it could've just a choice by the developer at the time, but just a suggestion.

Last edited:
Hello CD Project Red Team,

Just wanted to tell you guys congrats on such a great reveal. A lot of love and passion has been put into this and I was floored by the reveal. Congratulations.

Some of my thoughts and feedback on the game play are below (constructive of course :). Also, I'm fully aware that the game is pre-alpha.

1- Rag-doll death psychics of enemies (excluding take down animations) need to be refined. I felt that there was a lot of jittery like motion when they moved to their dead state. I was a bit off putting in the sense where they didn't feel like bulky characters hitting the floor. Maybe a slightly more realistic approach to death animation would be good. Also reaction to bullet hits would be nice.

2- Gun fire sfx: Needs that extra oomph. I felt she was shooting pellets from her pistol. I think pistol sounds should be revamped.

3- Koreshnikov effect: I really think it would a great idea to have different layers of the slow down effect. But the way it slowed down in this video didn't make sense to me. Bullets move way faster than how it was portrayed in the slow down. If the slow down was like the "SuperHot" videogame I would understand (As in everything came to a stop when you were still and move when you moved). When she exited the slow state its like none of the bullets had reached their target until after the slowdown had gone...... that felt a bit unrealistic. (I know it's silly, but I look for details like this). It would be cooler to see some of the actual slow bullets hitting your target in that state.

4- Weapon stats: This is just pure assumption on my part. But after V's eye upgrade, I thought that some holographic weapon stats would appear to hover over your gun when you unholster rather than just bullet count in the bottom left. I mean you could scan people and not your weapons? I think it would be a very cool addition to add a "First Person Weapon View" mode (ala counter strike) while your eye would show you the different stats, upgrades and class of the gun rather than breaking the immersion by going into your menu too much and checking the stats there. Weapon animations are sick by the way. Well done on that.

5- Car upgrades were not touched upon. I'm really hoping you can upgrade your own car, not just aesthetically. I want my car to hover! Wheels are overrated!

6- Objective menu too invasive on screen: For example the "Breaking through" objectives took almost a quarter of the top right screen. Maybe a button press could minimize/maximize the objectives when needed?

7- Phone calls: NPCs talk to you as if they are holding a video phone and yet you aren't.

8- No skid marks during road chase.

9- Lie detector: We didn't get any hint or indication in our system that they had installed a lie detector. So how are we supposed to know the NPC's reaction if we lied?

10- Ricochet bullets yet no ricochet sounds. At least a few in there would be nice.

11- Recoil animation with machine guns (even shotgun) are nonexistent. This Doesn't give weight to the weapon's abilities or power output. Maybe an arm upgrade would give you less recoil?

12- Scanning screen too red. This is more apparent in darker areas.

13- Boss take down animations? (I can only hope!)

14- Stealth Mechanics should be key in every mission.

15- I love you guys!

:)

Last edited:
First the good:
1. The aesthetic. Witcher 3 was hands-down one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen. I still catch myself just standing in Beauclair or Skellige, etc., just starring at the world you guys have rendered. It takes a real talent to recreate that same experience with a dystopian future setting, but I fully believe that you guys have nailed it! Seriously, if you change anything, DON'T change the look of Night City! It's. Perfect. I already know that Cyberpunk is going to be one of those games where I spend hours, days even, just walking around looking at stuff.

2. OMIGOSH Dat crowds though. I cannot WAIT to interact with Night City's people. I have crowd anxiety and, without exaggeration, I was seriously on edge watching "me" walk through that crowd. I will be so unbelievably impressed if that's how the final product looks/behaves. I don't think I saw a single repeated character model once in the whole demo. Seriously, I can't say this enough: you guys are AMAZING.

3. Destruction. I was really impressed watching the gunfights unfold. I'm hoping to see as much destructible cover as possible, which seems to be a very realistic thing to hope for, considering that an entire class of bullets is designed to punch holes in walls. Can't wait to test the limits of 2077 weaponry!

4. A whole bunch of other stuff, too numerous to name.

Here's my only 2 real issues:
1. Instead of ammo count being pinned to the corner like with every other shooter, I'd REALLY appreciate an LED display being on the guns themselves (ala Deadspace). Not only would this be a really cool homage to movies like Judge Dredd, it would further minimize the already-impressively unintrusive HUD. I appreciate all the effort you guys at CDPR have obviously poured into making Night City immersive but, for me, one of the surest ways of shattering immersion is having a whole bunch of extra info pinned to the screen while I'm playing. Light readouts on guns are cool and besides, it's the future--lights should be on everything.

2. I was really happy to see that you could switch the perspective while driving, but not for the reason you'd think. I see this in games all the time--whenever I've driven in real life, I've never had an issue where one half of the windshield was outside my view, like I was wearing blinders or something. I can see everything in front of my car without having to turn my head (please forgive me if that sounded bitter. It's not a problem with your game so much as a problem with nearly every driving game).
As amazing as the inside of that badass future car looks, I'm afraid that trying to drive in first-person will be severely hampered when the camera isn't altered to accommodate the shift from walking on the street to driving in the cab. It's akin to walking around with one of your shoulders sticking out five feet to one side, outside your view, so you keep catching it on stuff without meaning to. I'd love, LOVE for Cyberpunk to be the game to finally fix this issue, even if it's as simple as widening the FOV, or allowing us to set an additional FOV setting that auto kicks-in whenever we enter a vehicle. I'm looking SOOO forward to this game, and it'd be made about ten million times sweeter if I could operate my awesome supercar exclusively in FP without basically being blind in one eye.

Last edited:
7- Phone calls: NPCs talk to you as if they are holding a video phone and you yet you aren't.
Actually, that bothered me too.
We're using some sort of head-phone that we're seeing through our cyber eyes. As others seem to do. It doesn't make sense that we see their image like they're holding a vid-phone. If you're using a head-phone, then you should just be displaying a static image (that you'd have set as your picture for calls).

If someone's using an actual vid-phone, then I'd like to see them holding it in their hands (when we can see them). And if they just have a regular phone, then there should be no picture.

I'm echoing this from the other thread I posted earlier:

Watching the gameplay demo I got the idea that game UI should not be visible to player unless his/her/its eyes are modded.

Combine that with a drone you could get a 3rd person view... and npc's would mock you for it, drones might collide on things, shaking the camera and sometimes be left wrong side of a closing door.

Without mods it would be like
Map/task list/compass = look at phone screen
ammo count = hope you bought a gun with a counter on side
money = look at a wallet that displays total sum inside (to be reasonable)
humanity left/100 = you did write them down when mods were bought, right?

...and later: simple way to add user made missions, perhaps playable co-op with friends.

I liked the demo and the game looks fun, but there was one thing that bothered me.

The way the guns/ bullets worked in the "bullet time". The player fired several bullets that hung in the air and clustered up, like the bullets were effected by the slowdown, but the gun wasn't. They would have to be really really slow bullets to have not gone a long way by the time another round was chambered and then fired.

If it's something I can play without using that's fine, but it just seems goofy to me.

- The HUD font needs to be changed. It looks pretty bad. The magenta color should be swapped aswell or maybe add a palette option in game settings
- The slow motion ability has too much air control when moving
- The NPCs have the same height which makes it look weird when walking in a crowd
- Add Mike Pondsmith in the game

About guns and shooting impacts:
- Make enemies react to being hit by adding a stagger animation for different parts of the body. It doesn't have to be long, just a slight reaction to confirm the shot. Maybe make the stagger longer if it's a headshot.
- Add metal/spark particles for impacts, considering enemies have cyberware.
- Enlarge the viewmodels and move them up a bit or add a downward rotation.
- Maybe change the metallic and roughness values on materials to make the weapons stand out

Driving and cars:
- Add a metric option
- Add some sense of weight transfer when accelerating or slowing down
- The sound along with the gears doesn't make sense
- Disable the holographic dashboard in 3rd person and enable the information on the HUD

Last edited:
Definatly amazing job the team is doing! The amount of detail and immersion is astonishing!

Two things I would definatly like to see that would drag players even deeper into immersion.

1: Animations for opening doors, pushing, buttons (elevators ect.) Maybe like a hand physically pushing the button instead of an on screen cursor automaticaly doing it.

2: Animations could be more dramatic (Less stiff) for jumping. Maybe more weapon sway and have aiming being all over the place/more difficult when in the air. Maybe try to avoid the "Master Cheif" (Halo) static floating effect when jumping. Thus have gravity effect your character more as it would in real life with a more natural reaction to jumping.

That being said... This game is simply AMAZING already. Seen enough to be a Pre-Order for me. The most expensive version you make, I'm buying it on PC!

Anyone else severely bummed this game is first person? I was really really expecting this game to be 3rd person... Am I crazy? It just doesn't feel like their reasoning is very good. If anything it's less immersive as a FPS in my opinion. Plus every developer's first FPS is always wonky and doesn't feel right. CDPR knows how do do 3rd person RPG why did they decide to make this game their first FPS? I'm worried.

Actually, that bothered me too.
We're using some sort of head-phone that we're seeing through our cyber eyes. As others seem to do. It doesn't make sense that we see their image like they're holding a vid-phone. If you're using a head-phone, then you should just be displaying a static image (that you'd have set as your picture for calls).

If someone's using an actual vid-phone, then I'd like to see them holding it in their hands (when we can see them). And if they just have a regular phone, then there should be no picture.

Here's a way around it. Those images aren't a live video- they are avatars that use a low level AI to sync the animations to the owner's expressions. Basically animoji, but the 3d-model is a scan of the user's head.

Here's a way around it. Those images aren't a live video- they are avatars that use a low level AI to sync the animations to the owner's expressions. Basically animoji, but the 3d-model is a scan of the user's head.
Ahh... the BS is strong with this one. lol
I suppose that could work.

Though honestly, it would be cool if there was a photo mode in game, and we could take a picture of our character to use as our phone pic. lol

I only have one suggestion that I havent seen someone else post after skimming through the forum.

1. Speedometer when driving in third person.

Noticed in the gameplay demo that while driving in first person you can see the speedometer in the windshield. However, when driving in third person there is nothing to indicate your speed. It would be nice to see that info. Small nit-pick but there is my input.

Overall, it looks pretty awesome and I hope the final product is just as good or better!
Good work CD Projekt RED

Ok... Assuming everyone here knows that electronic music is a must in this game, I would like to go deeper as into what genres of electronic music you should consider. Keeping in mind that Night City is in California, which would be a very diverse place in general. Also if there isn't yet an option to equip headphones/earbuds in the game , I highly recommend to add that feature.

1) I would highly recommend the 'trance' genre... however from hearing the soundtrack’s first song, you guys got that covered.

2) I would recommend the 'future house' genre. I believe this is a staple in clubs around the game that are not focused on hardcore electronic music genres (like Trance). Future house songs add a pep in your step while providing a nice beat that most people would like.

3) I would recommend that you add a couple of 'cybergoth' songs for that crowd that I believe should be in the game. This would add a darker element to the game.

4) as a personal request, please try to squeeze in some songs of the ‘hardcore/happy hardcore’ (artists like S3Rl, Darren Styles, Dougal, and Gammer) genre. To my ears this genre of music is filled with an adventure inside of the beat. Normally when I play action games I play this genre, because I believe it adds sentimental value to the gameplay.

Anyways, I think you should open up a donation webpage for some of the song licenses.

1) In case my previous post wasn't read, pleeeasseee include a FOV slider and make it WIDE, like 120 degrees horizontal for us with ultrawide and other such large monitors.

2) I hope Cyberpunk doesn't turn into a FPS, like a lot of first-person games do. I suppose some FPS players would be happy with this game, but many just want to grind the shoot or be shot games. I also hope this game doesn't just boil down to the strength of the gun or how many shots can you get into an enemy and all of the other upgrades make little difference.

Top Bottom