Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

+
Definatly amazing job the team is doing! The amount of detail and immersion is astonishing!

Two things I would definatly like to see that would drag players even deeper into immersion.

1: Animations for opening doors, pushing, buttons (elevators ect.) Maybe like a hand physically pushing the button instead of an on screen cursor automaticaly doing it.

2: Animations could be more dramatic (Less stiff) for jumping. Maybe more weapon sway and have aiming being all over the place/more difficult when in the air. Maybe try to avoid the "Master Cheif" (Halo) static floating effect when jumping. Thus have gravity effect your character more as it would in real life with a more natural reaction to jumping.

That being said... This game is simply AMAZING already. Seen enough to be a Pre-Order for me. The most expensive version you make, I'm buying it on PC!
Exactly , that's what i want to see aswell !
I really hope to see some of these animation in Cyberpunk 2077 , we are in 2018 but the only game that allowed people to drink and smoke and do others animation is GTA 5 ( released in 2013 ) .

The Witcher 3 was amazing , but after all this years i don't want to keep drinking - eating by pressing "X" on my controller and see food and beer magically disappear .

I also aggred with your second suggestion
Sorry for my English :<

Guest 4211861

Couple of logical questions:

1) Why does Meredith Stout not want the bot back? It was stolen from Militech by those thugs, but at the end, Jackie puts it in the trunk.

Am I the only one bothered by this?

2) How does Royce not think to check the chip for spikes? He had a gun at my head a minute ago, but then he trusts me? What?

1) Why does Meredith Stout not want the bot back? It was stolen from Militech by those thugs, but at the end, Jackie puts it in the trunk.
Nope. I found that strange too. You'd think she'd be all over it. Unless... maybe the bot is rigged? She wanted to find a mole, right? So maybe they knew that the bot would be stolen, and did something to it?

2) How does Royce not think to check the chip for spikes? He had a gun at my head a minute ago, but then he trusts me? What?
Well, I guess he might think he's just getting the money by threatening you. Though honestly, knowing that such things are possible, I would be paranoid and check everything all the time. :p

Just something I'm not sure about...but would love it if the dev could take a look .

During the character choice between Male Vi and female Vi , is it just me or female Vi was stretching and moving a little bit too much , where Male Vi just stood still ?

Maybe they start moving when you select them ? just making sure there was nothing wrong with her spine lol

Also...why dude in Vi bed was naked..but Vi wasn't ? and no I'm not a perv :sneaky:

i took it that the corp has money, the bot and covoy wasnt that important as they can be replaced.
but the corps integrity/security is whats important, so she just wanted the mole.
it made sense to me

Maybe the car or motorbike also have AI implaht in them, like the robot spider showed in the demo.
So you can whistle or "summon" your ride with your cyber implants, even summon those flying cars, that would make sense in the futuristic world, people relying on AI and cyper implant on every occasion in the future world.
You dont walk to your motorbike or your car, your ride comes to your location instead.

GUys, the demo is looking absolutely stunning! I've watched it a few times now, and it's gettign better every time. The world looks incredible - gritty, grimy, immersive, everything you want from a Cyberpunk-setting.

I'm loving the music, I thnk you've totally nailed it.

Being an RPG, the one thing which draws me out of the immersion is the fact that enemies seem a little bullet-spongey, and they don't really react to being hit, and it doesn't seem consistent.

One example: When V first enters apartment 1237 and sneaks up behind the scav at the sink, she pushes him underwater and dispatches him with one headshot (silenced, because of the water). Beautiful...!

Later though, when V has taken the reflex booster so she can use the bullet time ability, she unloads bullets into the heads and faces of her enemies and just gets a series of numbers before the scavs are dead. To my mind (especially in bullet time, but elsewhere), V should be able to slide out from a corner and dispatch a scav with one shot to the head. Anything else is just unrealistic and really takes away that immersion you've taken so long to create. This was a huge criticism of the Division, and it would be a real shame to see that here.

Especially given that later she is able to blow legs off, surely a pistol shot to the head would finish enemies? Unless of course they were defensively modded in some way, but that could be reflected with bullets "pinging" off metal-plated craniums...?

I appreciate the need for stats-based/roll-based results, but I would have thought headshots would have been a huge crit every time - and maybe just harder to get due to weapon/crosshair sway, recoil or slight randomness in bullet trajectory to emulate how hard it is to get a perfect shot in real life...?

EDIT: Just thinking, that enemy reactions to being shot adds another level of strategy - an enemy behind cover with only an ankle showing? Shoot the ankle, drop him to the ground, and get a shot at his head!

Keep up the good work, absolutely loving it so far!

Last edited:
Would like to have some skyrim like interaction with random mob NPC's. Talk about minor stuff, steal, fight, kill, knockout, stealth kill, hack, loot...etc. I hope they are not magically immortal, protected from violence and you can't use a weapon near them like the witcher games. It was unrealistic and broke immersion. I didn't think about it until it was mentioned, but where are the other cars? The roads were empty and felt unbelievable for a big city. On a side note, can we have official mod support for the PC version.

Well, I did kind of expect some tangible mechanics due to the source material and since CDPR has been pretty adamant about their "troo RPG, not a shooter" claim.

I don't care about cinematics or action adventures and narrative alone is just a CYOA thing. A good RPG has good RPG mechanics (not just elements) and interplays with well rounded choices and consequences to it's narrative (if it is that kind of narrative RPG). Now it seems only the latter rings true. And it's pretty disappointing.

The last Bioware game I played was DAO and I didn't finish it (due to the mob grind). Their later products have seemed pretty uninteresting.
Granted we haven't seen everything yet, but focus on the narrative+cinematics (under cinematic I mean very detailed and staged presentation) always brings plenty of limitations to gameplay scenarios and mechanics. Even if it has complex narrative branching. Resources are limited even on giant projects like this one. It's always either this or that, as far as I can see.

I didn't finish DAO, I felt it was too slow, too grindy and visually ugly. But I had my fun with ME trilogy. ME1-2 felt more RPG than Witcher games, because you could actually roleplay as a ruthless soldier or a good guy Captain America. Not a jab at my beloved Witcher, just pointing out what make a troo RPG for me. ME1-2 weren't true RPGs, but they were closer to them than Witcher games. The point is, different people consider RPGs different things and the line between can be really blurry at times, so the Witcher is probably very much a true RPG for CDPR and many other people. Who knows what the final version of CP77 will bring, but so far, based on the demo, it's very much a hybrid of Witcher+DeusEx. Neither are true RPGs in my mind.

1. I would add the color palette from my thread:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...r-creation-suggestion-color-palette.10980473/

2. I was rather annoyed by the white dot in the middle of the screen the whole time of the demo, so I hope that's a part of the HUD I can change

3. Also agreeing with the gun fire sfx, doesn't really feel an impact on most weapons, it feels more like toy guns, especially with the strange trails. Also a single bullet doesn't seem to mean a lot.

Last edited:
Joking aside, the only thing that was rather surprising is locked FPP. FPP is done to death in cyberpunk-like games Deus Ex and System Shock. I thought CDPR would use the opportunity to work with familiar stuff like TPP in a cyberpunk setting.

Honestly, my thoughts exactly. Putting apart my TPP preference, I still wonder why there is no single Cyberpunk RPG game with TPP. All the good games from this genre are in FPP :/ Yeah, there are some isometic RPGs (like Shadowrun), but isometric is not classic TPP. I was really hoping for a TPP RPG like Witcher 3, Mass Effect, KOTOR or Dragon Age, just set in Cyberpunk world with all the bells and whistles that big company can do with AAA game.

I know that part of the reason is the fact that fantasy RPGs are easier to be done in TPP due to combat system - swords, shields and magic don't require aiming, while modern weapons do. But there are ways around that, really (at least a hybrid camera that zooms in close to your shoulder when shooting and goes to FPP fully when aiming through iron sight). I respect their choice, really do, but I'm just a bit sad about it - I was really hoping so so SO much for a modern, AAA-grade RPG with TPP camera.

Honestly, my thoughts exactly. Putting apart my TPP preference, I still wonder why there is no single Cyberpunk RPG game with TPP. All the good games from this genre are in FPP :/ Yeah, there are some isometic RPGs (like Shadowrun), but isometric is not classic TPP. I was really hoping for a TPP RPG like Witcher 3, Mass Effect, KOTOR or Dragon Age, just set in Cyberpunk world with all the bells and whistles that big company can do with AAA game.

I know that part of the reason is the fact that fantasy RPGs are easier to be done in TPP due to combat system - swords, shields and magic don't require aiming, while modern weapons do. But there are ways around that, really (at least a hybrid camera that zooms in close to your shoulder when shooting and goes to FPP fully when aiming through iron sight). I respect their choice, really do, but I'm just a bit sad about it - I was really hoping so so SO much for a modern, AAA-grade RPG with TPP camera.

In an interview they did at E3, I think one of the devs said one of the reasons they went only FPP is because of technical problems with doing it in a city and confined spaces. The 3rd person camera would be hitting walls and obstacles constantly.

What did you like? What would you like to change? Try to keep it neat and preferably numbered or lettered.

Speaking of which ( I have a lot, but just gonna do three) :

1. Option to remove the damage numbers above target's heads.

Edit: IT'S IN!
Will the HUD and Damage Numbers above the heads be adjustable?

Aug 28/18 Marcin Momot: "That is exactly our plan. A lot of HUD elements (including damage numbers) will be optional. "

2. Difficulty level where enemies -and- V are both less resilient unless equipped with serious armor.

3. Dialogue options clearly based on my stats and skills - Persuade [3], Intimidate[7], Seduce[2], Cower[4], etc.

In the demo we see Stefan interacting with V attempting to start dialog, The player knows that Stefan is a person of interest before talking to him as his name plate is different. I understand that this is a design feature to allow the player to identify persons of interest without engaging with every NPC. However I feel it would add to the immersion if Stefan's name place was inline with other NPCs and set as something like 'Homeless' or 'Street Rat'. I believe Stefan's actions alone and how he addresses the Player is enough to engage the player into a conversation without previously highlighting his importance, leading to an additional sense of discovery for the player.

This is one of my few areas for improvement in an otherwise great gameplay demo. I understand that everything is subject to change and that the name plates may have been completely scrapped already. (Which may be a simpler solution which also reduced UI clutter)

Also a slightly higher texture on the ripper docs hands would be nice. as they get so close to the camera.
Post automatically merged:

I Agree the story was a little bit confusing. Meredith Stout should have demanded the bot she wanted, which could add the choice to:

A.) Flee with the bot, angering Meredith Stout.
A1.) Hand over the bot to Dexter DeShawe, Pleasing him and opening a new quest.
A2.) Keep the bot for yourself, disappointing Dexter DeShawe but gaining the bot to use or sell.
B.) Hand over the bot, Avoiding conflict pleasing Meredith Stout and disappointing Dexter DeShawe. Opening a quest down the line for Meredith Stout.

Last edited:

Guest 3974940

Couple things:
1. Victim of abduction from first quest gets dopamine, norepinephrine and sth more I managed to forget. So, after almost 60 years from now there are no new drugs? Come on. Pharmaceutical corporations had to invented some new, cool drugs.
2. Music. Sounds great, but should it present during fights? Who the hell listens to music during shooting? It would be more accurate to give it up when it should be absent (streets, abandon buildings and so on).
3. After whole this gameplay I have one serious doubt: shooting, killing and literally no cops involved? You finish gang which takes time and walk away "just like that"? If rescue team is present within 3 minutes how much time does it take to send antiterrorist unit? ;P V and J had to flee before scavengers reinforcement. Gangsters are faster then special reaction teams or similar units? Or maybe nobody cares...
Still. Great job. As usual. :)

P.S. I just realized there will be no "real" night at Night City... Damn you, bloody light pollution... :(

First the good:
1. The aesthetic. Witcher 3 was hands-down one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen. I still catch myself just standing in Beauclair or Skellige, etc., just starring at the world you guys have rendered. It takes a real talent to recreate that same experience with a dystopian future setting, but I fully believe that you guys have nailed it! Seriously, if you change anything, DON'T change the look of Night City! It's. Perfect. I already know that Cyberpunk is going to be one of those games where I spend hours, days even, just walking around looking at stuff.

2. OMIGOSH Dat crowds though. I cannot WAIT to interact with Night City's people. I have crowd anxiety and, without exaggeration, I was seriously on edge watching "me" walk through that crowd. I will be so unbelievably impressed if that's how the final product looks/behaves. I don't think I saw a single repeated character model once in the whole demo. Seriously, I can't say this enough: you guys are AMAZING.

3. Destruction. I was really impressed watching the gunfights unfold. I'm hoping to see as much destructible cover as possible, which seems to be a very realistic thing to hope for, considering that an entire class of bullets is designed to punch holes in walls. Can't wait to test the limits of 2077 weaponry!

4. A whole bunch of other stuff, too numerous to name.

Here's my only 2 real issues:
1. Instead of ammo count being pinned to the corner like with every other shooter, I'd REALLY appreciate an LED display being on the guns themselves (ala Deadspace). Not only would this be a really cool homage to movies like Judge Dredd, it would further minimize the already-impressively unintrusive HUD. I appreciate all the effort you guys at CDPR have obviously poured into making Night City immersive but, for me, one of the surest ways of shattering immersion is having a whole bunch of extra info pinned to the screen while I'm playing. Light readouts on guns are cool and besides, it's the future--lights should be on everything.

2. I was really happy to see that you could switch the perspective while driving, but not for the reason you'd think. I see this in games all the time--whenever I've driven in real life, I've never had an issue where one half of the windshield was outside my view, like I was wearing blinders or something. I can see everything in front of my car without having to turn my head (please forgive me if that sounded bitter. It's not a problem with your game so much as a problem with nearly every driving game).
As amazing as the inside of that badass future car looks, I'm afraid that trying to drive in first-person will be severely hampered when the camera isn't altered to accommodate the shift from walking on the street to driving in the cab. It's akin to walking around with one of your shoulders sticking out five feet to one side, outside your view, so you keep catching it on stuff without meaning to. I'd love, LOVE for Cyberpunk to be the game to finally fix this issue, even if it's as simple as widening the FOV, or allowing us to set an additional FOV setting that auto kicks-in whenever we enter a vehicle. I'm looking SOOO forward to this game, and it'd be made about ten million times sweeter if I could operate my awesome supercar exclusively in FP without basically being blind in one eye.
1) Yes, exactly what I said! Daytime looked especially good, something I didn't expect. The aesthetic is brilliant, it's not cartooney, but stylized and it fits perfectly! but regarding your second point, while crowds are really cool, I don't think there will be much interactivity sadly, don't expect that much in that regard.

Guest 4211861

I Agree the story was a little bit confusing. Meredith Stout should have demanded the bot she wanted, which could add the choice to:

Maybe she abandoned it because it had no standard port and made the user lose their lunch.

I've just watched it again, it seems the loss of the bot doesn't even register in the mind of Meredith.

A bit laissez-faire for a super-aggressive megacorp, to just let their advanced drone get lost like that, " well, that's life, what can you do, things go wrong sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom