Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

+
So with it in mind that we have only seen 48 minutes of what could be 100+ hour game here is what I though. The video did look to be mostly a story focused shooter so I am hoping in future videos we can see more skill usage and possibly a rewind trailer showing the different paths you can take through a quest and possible outcomes. I feel that would help hammer home that is is a RPG and not a story driven FPS.

To me it does seem a bit odd that Jackie lets us drive his new car (again only 48 minutes of a long game) so I hope this sequence of events is a few hours in and we have a bit more development with him that shows us he is one of our best friends from some point in our lives. I actually really liked the hud in the car though I would love for there to be options to change the color and size at least in some cars. On that I also hope there is the ability to change to color of the player hud when jacked into a terminal. Other than that I liked both of huds we have seen, and now I want an AR hud and cybereyes even more.

The hacking that we did see seemed a little meh to me, Netrunning is probably what I am going to start out doing, though I am sure that what we did see will likely change or is a simple hack since we jacked right into his data port and got access to the groups intranet that way. I look forward to seeing what comes out for Netrunning later on as it gets more development time.

The character creation screen does look a little light on options, if we don't get more questions (I am fine with the three and not getting more) I do hope we get more answers to them. Having my only options to be a Corp Suit, a Rocker Boy, or a Solo does seem a little limiting. Though I look forward to seeing how this interacts with the game's story.

As for the crowd, despite there being clones the way they all move and wait at crosswalks looks really good I think. Even in short times of playing GTA, Prototype, Saint's Row, or Infamous I start to notice group pathing, it was really nice to at least see the illusion of that not being the case here. I also love how they all waited at the crosswalk. I also loved seeing the clutter in the walls of buildings and hope we see more of that in areas of the world.

A suggestion I do have would be to have a separate button to draw your gun during dialogue rather than an option in some cases. Way of the Samurai 3 did this and I fee it would be a good fit here too, that way we don't have to go through the dialog options to get transition. Also on that note contextual options like taking the gun away from the Corp's Bodyguard should also be a separate button rather than just another option in the tree.

Last edited:
Hello ). I have some doubts after watching gameplay video. It's normal, that people die after sertain amount of damage and if you want to kill silence, you can do it like in this video, then you close to enemy. But that obout killing from the distance by one shot?
Also it was fantastic, then "V" used bath in order to finish enemy and did it silent !!))) It could be perfect, if players will be able to choose how and then finish enemies by using elements of the environment !!)
Blades from arms looks wierd. If you have it, you can look on them, but you'll never hold your hands in front of your eyes like that. it looks awkward. you can make it so that when you turn the camera you can see sticking blades out of the hands .
If tou won't have any minimap- it would great, becouse when game have minimap, players loosing immersion in the game, becouse we 30-40% of time in the game watch on this dumb minimap and follow the arrows or dots denoting enemies :(((
p.s. I'm sorry for my english :))

Last edited:
Minimap enable?
Post automatically merged:

Russian logo)
Cyberpunk_logo_rus_v1.png

Last edited:
Honestly loved what I saw, and I can't wait to get my hands on it. To be frank, here's hoping for a next gen release to give everyone at CD Projekt more power to work with. Most people, I'm sure, will be happy to wait. Maybe not patiently, but hey...

The suggestion I would have is increased traffic in general, not in a way that would hinder traversal, but more for aesthetics, to make the city feel as alive as when you're travelling on foot.

I love that you have to properly look at a button, or control panel to operate it, and not simply hold or tap a button in its general direction. The gunplay seemed like a bit more oomph might make it feel better, however, the way skills and different weapons change the combat looks amazing.

As mentioned above, I fully anticipate you'll cater to HUD changes, etc. Personally, I like seeing the damage numbers, even if only that it'll give us a clearer idea of what works and what doesn't.

Can't wait to see the finished product, however it might change. Great work so far though.

Hey guys!

First off, it's looking really good. You're really knocking it out of the park so far. I've watched the demo gameplay a few times now and can't get enough.

I am a player of Cyberpunk from the 90s and I wasn't sure it was possible to capture the feel of the tabletop. I stand corrected.

I am concerned about the netrunning. I feel like it should be a more dynamic experience than the very limited amount we were shown.

I realize that it's still pre-alpha and that V in this instance wasn't really a Netrunner character. So, it's entirely possible that we'll see more.

To use a film example, I always imagined that netrunning was much like this scene from Johnny Mnemonic.

Netrunning should be cool enough and exciting enough that we can see why netrunners would prefer to stay jacked in all day and why they complain about how slow the meat body is in comparison.

Also, I would love the opportunity to just go out and hack whomever just for fun, steal some of that data and arrange to sell it. It would be a randomly generated system with ICE and data commensurate to its difficulty.

Thanks again for all your hard work. This game looks awesome and I can't wait.

Cheers!

I loved every minute of the trailer the action the story the open world.
I really liked the combat and movement of the game also the destruction of the enviroment is awesome!
I love the music in game and when you go in another room it muzzles the sound its great.
Also the world is beautiful I love the feel of the city its alive and detailed.

I don't like the car sound it doesn't sound powerfull I know the car has to sound different then real life but the sports car in the demo sounded different then in the reveal trailer its way more quiet.

But overal an amazing trailer Im really looking forward to more gameplay!

Guest 4211861

Forgot to say how much Night City reminds me of Sao Paulo. Minus the 10 reais/hour parking.

Another thing i would like CdprojecktRED to add except from "more Hands animation" is :

- Directions with good road signs in the city to understand where i'm going without using the Minimap
because in The Witcher 3 that was impossibile , all the Road signs were unreadable so i was forced to open the Map anyway.

I'm not gonna judge by the wip but...
1. Art-direction could have been better. NC looks gloomy and unattractive in my opinion.
2. HUD/GUI is way too simplified and feels more like cybersteampunk or Fallout3 mod :)
3. There's a lack of first person view-bob but i think it's just a temporary issue.

Anyway, the gameplay does look promising, i like it.

1. A very noticeable think I spotted in the gameplay was the time when V approaches her mate's car and a button appears for her to enter it. The entering animation, then, could be dependent on the context the player is in. For example, in that scene, they were out of conflict, therefore the entering could be a little bit slower and fluid, not as shaky as it was on the demo. If they were in a chasing/ conflicting scenario and needed to get in the car quickly, the animation could be as unsteady and fast as you want. :LOL: That should bring a more dynamic and fluidity feel to the gameplay. (walk/ driving transitions)

2. Also, it would be a nice touch to be able to turn on/off the car's features, such as the headlights, built-in weapons, turn signals (if it ever had this lol) and much more.

3. Something that goes against your intention of immersion here: the cockpit FOV is too narrow to my taste. I personally don't feel I'm driving a supermodafukincar just because I don't feel the FEEL of it. If you were to make driving a little more responsive and fluid, that'd be nice!
That's it for today! Hope you take that for the best of use!!

Cheers, Gui.

Honestly loved what I saw, and I can't wait to get my hands on it. To be frank, here's hoping for a next gen release to give everyone at CD Projekt more power to work with. Most people, I'm sure, will be happy to wait. Maybe not patiently, but hey...

The suggestion I would have is increased traffic in general, not in a way that would hinder traversal, but more for aesthetics, to make the city feel as alive as when you're travelling on foot.

I love that you have to properly look at a button, or control panel to operate it, and not simply hold or tap a button in its general direction. The gunplay seemed like a bit more oomph might make it feel better, however, the way skills and different weapons change the combat looks amazing.

As mentioned above, I fully anticipate you'll cater to HUD changes, etc. Personally, I like seeing the damage numbers, even if only that it'll give us a clearer idea of what works and what doesn't.

Can't wait to see the finished product, however it might change. Great work so far though.
I might feel the same way, but even if it isn't next gen, I sincerely hope they let us use the extra power of our PCs in a better way than W3.

i
I would really want the smart gun removed or changed. It reminds me of the smart pistol in Titanfall. A gun that shoots bullets that follow the target is not fun, it's boring, it requires no skill, it just seems like a cheat to me. I know I can simply not use it but it just seems like a bad gun. There's no need for it. Please consider changing it.
i like it, from a lore perspective it would make sense something like that would exist.
also im sure on hard it still wont be easy.
lets see how they balance it, if it has limited rounds or comes in at late game it may not be an issue.

Awesome gameplay demo. Really reminded me of Deus Ex but better. I also like the gun-play a lot. Reminds me of the division, which I initially did not want to play, but after playing for like 1 hour i noticed how awesome RPG & Shooter mixes are.

Things i noticed:
1. People in night city seem all very similar in terms of walking speed / height. Does not look 100% convincing.
2. Car Physics seems to be missing (cars should have suspension & drift - like GTA 4 but probably a little toned down)
3. The roads look quite empty. Also the highway we saw in the elevator ride, seemed only to exist in this part - other highways we saw did not seem to have any traffic.
4. Car damage (when bullets hit the car), Dirt on the cars etc...
5. The city looks like it has quite some washed out textures in the distance. And looks a little bit repetitive at first glance - also in the trailer -e.g. same signs on multiple places (but that's probably because it is an early demo)

I think if you improve both the people and the cars (especially physics), and maybe add a little bit more variety to certain buildings to make them stand out, this could very well be game of the decade :D

1. NO LEVEL CAP.
Make sure there is no level cap. It better to allow to receive XP very slowly rather not to receive any progression after some point in the game. Continuous character progression will encourage many users to stay longer in the game and discover all way and possibilities within it.

2. MELEE & CLOSE COMBAT.
Melee now looks too dummy. Hand attachments feel as if a bat or something rather than sharp blades. Also, wall crawling visual and wall decals using hand-blades should be improved. Make sure there many equal benefits for close-combat characters too. I would like to hear that players can play most of the quest using only close combat/melee/stealth approach.

3. MORE DETAILS.
In my opinion, you should also add more trash, leaves, papers, etc. Could be physically based. Quality of textures is obviously could and will be increased.

4. FOV.
Settings for the first-person FOV. Weapons look slightly small/compact to me.

5. KILLABLE NPC.
Please, try to make all of them killable. If you place children/ non-adult characters in the game, please, make sure they are killable or place then only in the areas where no weapons/fights allowed.

6. VEHICLES.
We all know that you are working on it. Needless to say about more realistic car physics & damage. Try to think of upgrade to override other vehicles auth protection, which allows stealing cars. On the motorcycle, in the first person view do not rotate the camera (maybe very slightly) when steering/ during bike inclination. Lowering the camera is, obviously, ok; but the rotation is bad for road perception.

7. PEEK OUT FROM BEHIND THE WALL.

Just it would be a nice feature if the player can press aim button (usually right button) near the wall or obstacle to lean around the wall. Example very good implementation of this feature in far cry 4 & 5. If near low obstacle - peek out from down. If near end of tall obstacle - peek out from the side. Moving mouse/pad change degree of how much you lean.

Last edited:
A few points of criticism:

1) I feel like the driving is decent, but could be much better. More responsive. Better handling.

2) Some animations and the physics need more polish.

3) Overall, the voice acting seems good, but Jackie's dialogue and voice acting is a little cringeworthy.

Other than that, I was BEYOND impressed with what I saw. While I fully acknowledge that what we saw is still very much W.I.P., I liked what I saw and fully trust CDPR to deliver.

Okay hear me out. This is kind of self-fulfillment but I have to ask. Transgender characters in the creation? I mean it might be beyond the scope and fall into more mod territory, and I know y'all aren't genies but it goes right along with the transhumanism theme. At least a token npc would go a long way in my opinion. I mean really its one of those few areas of medicine where we, in today's world, are starting to break apart very old ideas and longstanding realities of human life. I, and quite a few people I know, would absolutely love to see even a glimpse into the life of a trans person in 2077.

Change/Add:
Most important to me:
-change dialogue less like fallout 4 more like fallout 3 where you see what you say!!!
-Add third person as well as first person giving the player the choice (personally I find third person gives me more immersion)

less important but still note worthy:
-Remove the health bar and damage numbers (or change it into some optic mod)
-less bullet-sponge enemies unless they're tricked out with mods which make them a stronger enemies or if they're a boss
-improve low res-textures (I'm sure this will be improved anyway as its a work in progress
-upgradable apartments/houses/interiors

Keep:
everything else cause it looked so good!

keep up the amazing work CDPR cant wait to see this game... when its ready.

I know it's a work in progress and most is subject to change, but the demo has the right vision/direction.

Also want to pitch an idea, in term of immersion, wouldn't it be cool to have Hud customization options happen ingame rather then in an options menu?
The Hud is cyber software projected on the eye.

Changed the topic of the thread to better reflect its content and moved the thread to the Cyberpunk forums.

Top Bottom