Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

+
I assume it's a bit late to add branches to the quest shown, but it would be interesting if you could just ignore the Maelstrom gang completely, and procure another spiderbot in a different way (Organize your *own* ambush of a Militech convoy maybe?), and deliver that one to Dex instead.

2. Gameplay looks generic and derivative. Intensely. I Felt like I was watching a bigger budget Fallout 4-equivalent or whatever umpteenth shooter the AAA developers are regurgitating these days. If I wanted to play Call of Duty, I'd play Call of Duty (read: never in a million years)

5. Melee Combat needs a lot of work. From what I Saw in the trailer, it has only confirmed by original fears that melee combat in first person never works out right. It always ends up being spammy and boring, and one-note.

Unfortunately I agree with these points intensely and these are definitely my main concern. The combat feels very arcadey and generic though I don't think that's necessarily due to the FPP. Personally I have no special attachment to third person as they can be just as run of the mill and I see what cdpr are trying to do with the first person dialogue system and it is very intriguing (talking to Dum Dum and the stand off would not be nearly as interesting in third person or as a cinematic). So personally I applaud their decision of sticking to first person.

However, if they are going to do so they need to bring some innovation to the first person perspective to really justify it. The reason first person has such a bad association is because people think of your run of the mill shooters like CoD or Quake so Cyberpunk needs to steer away from that. Melee especially is hard to do in first person, so if they could figure out how to make first person melee visceral, intuitive, and mechanically interesting that would be groundbreaking for the whole gaming industry.

A possible suggestion:
Have the players hands contextually interact with the world around them in a way that feels immersive. Naughty Dog does a great job of this in their games, if this could be done in first person it would be very innovative. This could help solve one of first person's biggest problems, the feeling that your hands and gun are just pasted onto your screen rather than objects that can interact with the world.

Examples include:
-When going through the doorway draped with the clear plastic, the player's left hand should dynamically move the draped plastic out of the way. Perhaps the gun hand also pivots a bit, as one would do in real life when aiming around a corner. Anything to make it look like that gun and hand are aware of the terrain around them rather than just being pasted onto a flat screen.

-When not aiming down sight but standing near a corner the player should be able to blind fire around that corner.

-when crouch walking through hole in the wall after the scav fight the players hands should dynamically touch the wall for support.

-If the player dives into cover (for example those metal shelves in the scav encounter) in a manner where the player would bump into those shelves then there should be a sound effect for that and the shelf should rock slightly. Similarly if you sprint directly at a wall to get into cover your hands should come up and touch the wall as if bracing yourself from the impact

-Some additional fpp inspiration: Click Me

I really liked the game-play demo. Though I hope you can toggle the color of tracking-targets on the hud (hacking, enemies) individually. Say you, the gamer, choose eg. orange for hacking, while keeping red for enemies.

Thanks for showing the demo, it was much needed, even though it's a work-in-progress.

Edit. And I hope the gamer can choose how to drive vehicles (mouse?). It's a pain to drive using WASD-keys. At least make sure the response can be tweaked, so the gamer doesn't need to keep overcompensating. It was a pain in other games with driving cars.

My only real issue is the gameplay and action. The first boss that's show is essentially a bullet sponge, and that's boring. It looks alright enough, but pretty generic. It feels like I might feel the same about this as with Witcher 3's combat, where it's just press the same two buttons over and over until the enemies' health wears down without really having to worry much even though I'm on the second to hardest difficulty.

I have one suggestion that would personally make the gameplay more interesting, to me anyways:

1. Bosses that you might not be able to kill during the first fight that will stalk you throughout the game, at least until they're killed or you're able to work it out with them.

This would destroy my main issue with nearly every RPG: you're guaranteed to beat everyone you come across, no matter your level. It gets boring as you know you're going to win. Compare this to multiplayer games where you aren't guaranteed to win, so it keeps you wanting to get better at the game and get to know and learn complex abilities that can help you out, but again don't guarantee a win.

For instance, take this first boss. Let's say he equipped a shield that can only be taken out with a particular ability, gun, or firepower. You don't have this item you learn as you fight, forcing you to retreat and run away as he chases you down. Now, you still have what you need so you completed the quest. But now, this guy is still out there, lurking around ready to jump on you at any moment. Or, maybe he will only jump on you if you're in his part of his city. So you're safe where you live, but when you enter his territory you gotta keep alert at all times and be sure to have that item on you, otherwise he could jump in and wreck your shit at any moment. Unless, you're in that area to come and end him like you should have.

I think this aspect would create a unique aspect to the gameplay and immersion. You're hanging out eating one second before a dude busts in shooting the place up, and you have to run and escape the dude because you made a bad/stupid decision during a mission.

I took some inspiration for this idea from games like Left 4 Dead 2 and Alien Isolation. Having someone out there that's after you, just like you're after these others, can really add a level of tension to the game world. Especially if you're too early in the game to actually have the stuff to kill them, making areas of the game like the two games mentioned above: too scared to stay in the same place for too long, or too scared to move too quickly or loudly, because you're GENUINELY scared to attract attention because you know you won't win.

Coming to think about it, this idea is essentially Shadow of Mordor's Nemesis system. Albeit, I'd prefer if who you're fighting doesn't come back after you kill them or they get an intro when they show up. I'd prefer to come to realize who it is that's after me. Also makes it more interesting that it's a specific person you've interacted with you after you, not some nameless gang members that you dispatch of rather easily.

2. Also, building upon that, more interesting enemies that require genuine gameplay interaction with instead of, like in this demo, just shooting at a specific spot until you can just shoot at the whole body. Especially with the ezpz-no skill gun where you stand behind cover. It's been done so much before that it's just so uninteresting.

3. Other than that, the game looks beautiful and interesting. However, it really doesn't feel like I'll be able to actually interact with the world meaningfully beyond the story. I mean, do we get to talk to those people we get to slip with after that opening mission, or is it just a, "go to club, decide if I want to sleep with girl or guy, black screen before next 3 days" shit? Or do we even get that much control? I would love if we could go to the club, interact with some character part of a random set and make a relationship, friendly or romantically, that's separate from the crime life shit. Just get to know random people I come across. This would make the game more immersive imo.

Please, make last difficulty VERY (!!!!!!) difficult. In a game there is a ricochet, kereznicov, blocking opportunities of the opponent, destruction of shelters and many other things so a game can become very easy. Couple of medicines and fight is won. without very high complexity players won't think of tactics!!!!! :)

If we have to protect someone mission, please do not make them as fragile as glass and useless. I really do not like babbysitter missions. On another note. Can we have something like the dark brotherhood/thieves guild groups like in skyrim. Something like blackmarket groups that specialize in assassination, theft (physical/hacking), cyber parts harvesting (like the first group you fight, except you join them, taking parts from random or targeted NPC's). Give some hitman vibes with options on how you solve the issues and take care of them. Missions like these could have something like a radiant quest after you finish all the official ones and it can auto generate targets to kill or acquire. I hope we have a lot of equipment for stealth and assassinations. Please let us have a long range silencer sniper rifle with kill or stun ammo. I live sniping in games. Besides that I hope silencers and other stealth gear are in, I focus on stealth and other means of playing, I am not a run and gun type person.

1. Combat looks boring, theres barely any recoil and feeling to the guns. Looked like Call of Duty. Also rework on the enemies. Make them less bullet spongy. Bullet spoginess felt like Borderlands.

2. I think it will be better but the graphics need an upgrade. In the demo it looks like theres no Anti-Aliasing, shadows are quite bad looking, render distance is short, textures are low res, models are low res and lighting is bad.

3. Melee takedown animation like here is badly done. Id expect something better.

4. Option to switch between manual/automatic transmission in cars.

5. AI needs to be better. Instead of hiding, standing infront of the player, completely rushing the player to be shot to pieces or even when the player jams the enemy´s weapon, the enemy should throw the gun away and go for a knife/pistol or just plainly attack the player instead of standing there fiddling with his weapon and screaming "MY GUN IS JAMMED".

6. Level scaling. Instead of creating different areas with more difficult enemies(witcher 3 style). Make most enemies be leveled the same just like the player. Player is lvl 10 so the enemy should be around that. Witcher 3 level scaling forces the player to leave an area and come back later to completely obliterate the enemy. Of course I am not saying to make the game easy or even make all enemies the same level since that would break the game.

7. Reflex ability should have some cooldown(if there is one then longer cooldown). Activating it feels like the entire world almost freezes in place and it makes the game way easy. Maybe put in slower player movement?

8. I dont know if it was intentional or not but walking seemed like walking in Witcher 3. Too slow.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying the look of the game and am excited to play it. Here are a few things I am concerned about though.

1. I really dislike it being in FPP. I would love to see my character more. I think FPP all the time will make me feel disconnected from my character. It will make each play through feel the same-ish and keep me from picking the game back up after I beat it. Being able to see my character's style and look mixed with the environment is immersive. If we are going to be stuck with FPP only, then little things like being able to look down at ourselves (see our clothes and shoes) and seeing our arms more to do stuff would help. Maybe showing V more during cut scenes.

2. More backstory choices would be nice.

3. Double jump seems weird. Why not just big jumps?

4. Will looting bodies be a thing? It would be cool.

5. Full dialogue choices that match what we are actually going to say. I hate accidentally saying something I didn't want to say.

6. Gun play felt like it was missing something. It didn't feel serious. It shouldn't take so many bullets to put someone down. A well placed bullet should kill. Hopefully not all fights end in a Boss Battles.

7. Will there be other jacket options? And is getting upgrades mandatory?

8. V's apartment seemed too pristine. I would have liked to have seen the walls a little bit more worn.

9. I worry about the RPG aspect of the game. V's personality seemed pretty fixed, but then again it is a demo. I love the look of the game but am bummed that the play seems so different from what we were told we were getting 5 years ago. It still seems like a cool game but my heart is a little broken over what this game could have been. Not having 3rd person kinda broke it for me.

All that being said, I am super excited to have a cyberpunk game coming out in the future. Thank you guys for making this game.

Just registered to say that i love the way it looks in first person and dont mind it as i mostly played VTMB in first person too. of course in said game I also switched to third person but since we'll have reflections in cyberpunk, that solves the problem for nitpicking people. however if you want to addup more to the solution and perhaps build a cool stat of your own...

My suggestion is to keep everything as it is but allow a third person (click for choice) only when we use mantis blades to climb. Just imagine how dope it would look in tpp. fighting with mantis blades should stay first person though. It would look good and give people a way to see their character in a moment that definitely wont sacrifice immersion

Another suggestion is to, now while the game is playable, focus on detailing AI of npcs, make them react more to you and jackie too or make them react to a certain d
egree based on their skills and their character, maybe some are deaf or lack attention to surroundings who knows

All in all however, as i registeredI see that many people just want a thing for themselves instead of suggesting actual improvements that genuinely align with your vision of the game. And maybe Im a hypocrite now. Finally though id like to say dont, please dont listen and dont succumb to any of us even me unless you think it suits the true wirld and genre of cyberpunk and your game. Do not disfigureyour game and the core of cyberpunk because of people who are yet toeven experience rpgs in general and a punk genre.

Sorry for the typos, Im writing on a tablet. Im very happy to see more cyberpunk coming to existence as we need more of such, steampunk, dieselpunk, raypunk, sovietpunk, cyberpunk, atompunk, and so on. Thank you CDPR Mike and everyone involved. Do not fear! great work is done here!

Last edited:
cyberpsycho effect idea

it would be awesome if you would put too much cyber upgrades on V you would get like cyberpsycho effect where sometimes you would just lost mind and start killing everyone even innocent people. Game would like turn NPC into hostiles, but then when you would kill everyone you would like realise that people were innocent but V just lost control

3rd person camera in vehicle
could be drone which would pop out of the vehicle and follow you around a city and would serve like a streaming device for V

3rd person is there for cars sadly i mean if full game is FPP why put that for cars.

cyberpsycho won't affect players they say that, again why on rig dock menu say humanity cost for implants if don't affect you?

Please,
1 - remove wayponts/questmarkers
2- remove the auto regenerative health

Because I'm looking for an experience instead of a dumbed down, follow this given path like a bot and "take cover to heal" is insulting.

This is going to seem super lame in the grand scheme of things, but it would be nice to be able to go into say, coffee shops, cafes and the like and order food/coffee. Maybe different food/drink items give you different buffs. They already drank soda to restore health, so maybe that's in the game already?

Also, sort of hope there's a way you can gain rep with the police force somehow. Maybe non-lethal takedowns/missions where you have to capture gang members.

One thing we need in Cyberpunk 2077 is the ability to attack who ever we want!
It would be great if a GTA style wanted system was in place. So you can test your strength against the varying levels.

So far there has been a worrying lack of police presence in the game.

This is a must!
Post automatically merged:

hello, first thing to say watching the demo reminded me of dues ex, blade runner and altered carbon, so taking ideas from these would be great

now for the demo itself i noticed these things that ruined it for me (i know this is alpha but to shed some light on it)
fixes/dislikes:
1- at the start when you put the thug head into the water and shoot him, the water looked like only a layer with no physics, i hope there will be water physics instead of just a layer in a typical game.
2- animation transition, can be noticed when jackie was taking cover next to a wall when the wall being shot through.
3- enemy car physics, that reminded me of uncharted 4, the car chase looked like a kid holding a toy and moving it around, i hope it becomes more realistic, however the car we are driving seemed fine.
4- wall and glass breaking, i noticed its set to triangles breakage, which kinda makes it seem like an old graphical game, could that be randomised more into higher quality?
5- people variety , on the open world section i noticed some character that are duplicated, perhaps more models can fix that.
6- the guy talking in slow-motion after his leg and then his head blown off
7- the street texture looked too smooth as if its low detailed....

wonders:
1- can we use mantis blades to move around on walls like a spider? if so can we use it to climb a mega building all the way?
2-can our car be blown or take damage? what are the consequences?
3-purchasing eyes but i wanna keep the old features into new ones? can i?
4- can we remove body enhancers/augmentations to be more human than a robot after implementing them?
5- can we pull the gun out anywhere anytime we want? what happens if i start murdering people in the street randomly?
6- the people living their daily life like in witcher 3 and skyrim? or are they just doing thier animations?
7- any fast traveling options/ways?

ideas/suggestions
1-can we change the HUD colors?
2- change the HUD style? maybe through buying new eyes? for example the current seems so classic, i want futuristic huds
3- make enemies react to each bullet taken
4- when purchasing items, show a preview video of it?

I need to know wonder 5!

1. Gameplay looks generic. Really generic. Looked like I was watching a bigger budget Fallout 4, or whatever umpteenth shooter the AAA developers are regurgitating these days. The whole time I was watching this reveal, I kept thinking "Sure would be more interesting if I actually saw all of this actually happen instead of just whatever my hand and the gun its holding is doing at the time."

2. Too much first person. Throw us third person fans a bone. If I wanted to play Call of Duty, I'd play Call of Duty (read: never in a million years)

3. Driving seems to have optional perspectives, very nice. Try to keep that up with other parts of the game.

4. Character creation looks stunning, just depends on how truly robust it is with the end product. Don't skimp out on varied hair selections!

5. A bit Iffy on the "fluid combat system." All this tells me is that there are no defined classes, which was one of the major problems with the disastrous Mass Effect Andromeda.

6. Melee combat looked even more one-note than the gunplay, which seems to have confirmed my fears about first person melee never working right, in any game.

Level, levels everywhere, get rid of them, games are beyond needing that now, you can gate things with your rep system with much more internal consistency.

Colour coding loot, this isn't an MMO, we don't give a shit about the gun rareness, much the same with the flying damage numbers.

My wife who used to work in a nail salon pointed out to me that V's nails look a bit wide towards the end of her fingertips. I guess if you start noticing something like that it must mean the game looks damn near perfect. But anyway, I'm sure CPR has this are fully aware of this and is working hard to fix it.

Yeah, there was a post on Reddit shortly after the Gameplay release when someone pointed out that V took her finger off the trigger during the Maelstrom gang scene when the tension subsides.

When we start focusing on such minute (but appreciated details) then we can agree on that it's damn near perfect.

Top Bottom