Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

+
Just watched the trailer for CP2077, but throughout all of it only men are scumbags that you shoot casually. I love the strong female protagonist, but why aren't there any female scavs or corp sec? Please spare me the "well it costs more to create and render models" explanation, because it's already been worked in to the game.

While it's trendy to assume that in a dysoptian future that all women are innocent and all men are rutheless scumbags, shouldn't we be a bit more progressive? Regardless of what chromosomes you were born with, every human is capable of anything - and in Night City, we're all just trying to get along.

Just watched the trailer for CP2077, but throughout all of it only men are scumbags that you shoot casually. I love the strong female protagonist, but why aren't there any female scavs or corp sec? Please spare me the "well it costs more to create and render models" explanation, because it's already been worked in to the game.

While it's trendy to assume that in a dysoptian future that all women are innocent and all men are rutheless scumbags, shouldn't we be a bit more progressive? Regardless of what chromosomes you were born with, every human is capable of anything - and in Night City, we're all just trying to get along.

Not sure what this post is attempting to accomplish -complaining that men in Night City are scum - except for Stout, she is super scum, murderous, treacherous, etc, one of the - if not the - absolute worst people in the demo. You missed that apparently.

So it lacks in accuracy and is loaded up with political agenda. Not a great idea around here.

Guest 4211861

there must be a VR version of this game in the future, it's already half-way there

What did you like? What would you like to change? Try to keep it neat and preferably numbered or lettered.

Speaking of which ( I have a lot, but just gonna do three) :

1. Option to remove the damage numbers above target's heads.

Edit: IT'S IN!
Will the HUD and Damage Numbers above the heads be adjustable?

Aug 28/18 Marcin Momot: "That is exactly our plan. A lot of HUD elements (including damage numbers) will be optional. "

2. Difficulty level where enemies -and- V are both less resilient unless equipped with serious armor.

3. Dialogue options clearly based on my stats and skills - Persuade [3], Intimidate[7], Seduce[2], Cower[4], etc.

I have only one request and would be able to actually fully enjoy the game if there was an option for all cars to either have the option to be self driving or alternatively have an npc drive for you. Please implement this because I could never enjoy for example GTA purely because they force the player to drive so much and some people truly despise driving games or games that have a big focus on driving. Just to be clear the game looks amazing the world looks really interesting I just hope there wont be as much driving as GTA or Saints Row.

I've been overhyped for CP'77 since I watched the gameplay reveal. zOMG! Thank you for showing me, a low life punk gamer -and us, I guess- that.
I've watched it a few times now, and I never knew the hype train could cause so much pain...Well that's my problem, Choombas, so onwards:

1) While watching this official gameplay reveal, I've been wondering how intricate CDPR will make choice and consequences in-game. In the gameplay reveal on YouTube around the 38m28s mark, V gets the option to "Draw Weapon".

Now looking back at V's stats, her Reflexes: 8. So the player chooses this option and gains the upper hand with Royce and the Maelstrom gang. Will CDPR make it so that if my V's Reflexes: 1, would that option be faded out or wouldn't even show at all, or would I be able to draw my weapon, but would perhaps, for example:

Royce be able to counter my draw and say something like: "Haha! You can't beat my Militech Reflex Booster implants," [which gives you the hint that your Reflexes (skill) are too low to succeed in that action]. Royce continues: "but I like your spirit, girl (if you're female). Tell you what ... " Then Royce sends you off on some mission to kidnap a Militech employee or something, if you accept it.

Completing that would gain access to more Maelstrom missions, double crossing him would cut out a whole bunch of benefits you could have worked for (get access to better cyberware -than elsewhere at that stage of the game- early on in the game, for example).

Otherwise you'd have to kill everyone there, perhaps Royce escapes and initiates a lock down - forcing you to the exact same path to fight him in his mech suit as it was in the gameplay reveal. Also, being aligned with Maelstroms would have negative consequences with Militech, or some other faction that you took a job for, that may force certain dilemmas upon you later in the game...

2) I just wish to give my mad respects to CDPR here. I may be one of the few who was always going to play CP'77 in FPP, if it was going to be an option. TPP has seemed cheap and almost like cheating to me in PUBG and FPP in CP'77 totally immerses me more than I ever expected into that reality. I understand many people have ailments that make FPP hard for them, so even more respect to CDPR for trying to work on coming up with solutions for the sake of people who would physically suffer from playing in FPP.

3) I understand anything and everything may change about the game, but if it is anything similar to what you have shown, you have gone truly above and beyond with it all. Just wow.

4) It may be just me, but this forum doesn't display/format properly in FireFox, just a friendly heads up. No biggie, since I just switch to Chrome and all is good.

All
Day
I
D
ream
About
Syberpunk 2077

Thank you for reading (and perhaps even commenting on) this giant wall of text. 'Peace' out, Choombas!

Last edited:
World interaction/usability

1 .
From the footage I wasn't sure how exactly the player is supposed to know which parts of the gameworld are interactive or lootable and which aren't, whether you have to actively walk up to them or engage batman/witcher senses to figure out if they're interactive or whether there are more subtle cues that teach you how to passively recognize what's interactive.

The HUD/overlay seems to indicate dropped weapons and next step(s) in current quest objective with a small red arrow without needing to turn on batman detective mode/witcher senses, and that's great. At 37:30 and 43:52 you can also see the player looting a couple of containers that have guns inside, though the container models were significantly different they both seemed to have green LED-ish lights turned on that set them apart from all the other containers nearby (although the second container's lights could be brighter if that's supposed to be a recognizable mark).

Is that a rule the player can rely on? If a container-looking object has green lights turned on that means you can loot it, and if it's not lit up then it's not lootable/interactive/is just decoration?

Just hoping that whether or not any given world object is interactive follows a pattern that the player can recognize passively, from a distance, rather than being random as the latter will force the player to turn on witcher senses or walk all the way up to the object to see if you get a interaction button prompt.

Also hoping instances of lootable containers are few and far between rather than encouraging trashcan looting.

Last edited:
I hope they add VR support, I don't fancy using 3rd party software.

I recently tried a VR experience called 'Aircar' which is set in a cyberpunk themed world and it was mind blowing. I felt like I was in the actual film Bladerunner. The craft I was sat in was very similar to the one featured in the demo as well.

huh..? where you see that ? what about that lady you meet ?

I don't think its only male merc , I think we gonna get both to shoot at .

I wanna see both gender in all the roles personally . I wanna see female cops , male cops , female scum , male scum , female merc , male merc , female vendor , male vendor , female quest giver , male quest giver , female Fixer , male fixer..etc .

I also support this suggestion greatly! A leaning mechanic goes a long way for helping fpp games feel immersive!

Now I understand that there is currently a contextual peek from cover mechanic in place, but it would also be very nice to be able to lean when you aren’t close enough to cover for the contextual peek to activate. Even in the demo you can see the player accidentally shoot the pillar because he expected the peek mechanic to activate but it didn’t.

And if we had to choose between a lean mechanic and the current peek behind cover mechanic, I think I would probably choose the lean mechanic.

Lean left or right - Aim down sight and move left analog stick left or right

Peek over cover - When crouched behind cover, aim down sight and push forward with the left analog stick

I feel this may be more immersive than the current peek around cover mechanic because it has a range of movement, rather than the more mechanical snap out/in to cover of the current mechanics

i suggested the same system in literally every thread
i think that the current cover system is a limitation.
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...2077-questions.10970951/page-10#post-11101109

What I really liked in this demo is that it was so unpredictable, I mean the plot and what is going to happen next. In example when V was buying that bot from Scavengers. It was so intense and you don't have any idea how the deal is goes. Music has very big part of this and at least in Demo it was great!
I agree. I also hope they go all out with the interactivity and environmental storytelling, so we really feel immersed in this world and not just feel like we go from person to person to recieve quests in an empty world. Creative quest design that makes use of the world and environmental storytelling are essential for this imo.

So, if we just stand behind the dude whos head got shot inside water in the gameplay, but we actually do nothing else but stand... willhe do something else or go somewhere?

I think the gameplay trailer is amazing and this comes from someone who is not easily satisfied. I've been playing video games for more than 20 years and rarely has a trailer impressed me so much.

What I absolutely loved:
+ The character models, especially the skin textures.
+ How mature it is
+ The game's first person perspective. Please don't add a third-person perspective option; we don't need a sci-fi version of Witcher 3.
+ The first-person animations are very well done and the gun reloading seems very satisfying.
+ The HUD and UI, especially the character creation screen. I also like the red color because it makes the HUD unique.
+ No multiplayer mode. Please don't add any sort of multiplayer to this game.
+ The gritty art design. I was a bit disappointed with the E3 trailer because it looked very clean, but now my worries are gone.
+ The insane amount of details.

Things that I would improve:
- There are too many male NPCs in the gameplay demo. I'd like to see more female NPCs when interacting during conversations and when fighting enemies.
- Is the compass at the top of the screen really needed? There are already pointers around the screen.
- I would add a background soundtrack when exploring the city to improve the immersion.

Will definitely buy the game when it releases :)

What I really liked in this demo is that it was so unpredictable, I mean the plot and what is going to happen next. [...]Music has very big part of this and at least in Demo it was great!
I agree completely, This was ONE full quest, but it had so many twists and turns. It was very complex, and choice driven which I loved. I especially love the end part where the narrator explained the other options if you had taken them, what would have happened? So Cool!

I mean, now I'm just brainstorming!

In his one, we met the Corp , took the chip, paid Royce, but that chip had a virus so we had to fight our way through?

what if ..
What if you didn't even meet the Corp agent and paid your way to buy the bot and got that for dex?
Or never met the corp and stole the bot?
or never met the corp and fought your way through to get the bot yourself?
or met the corp took the chip, but informed royce about the virus and then got the bot by paying?
or met the corp , took the chip and informed royce about the virus, took the bot and then shot his head off? (Gamescom demo)
or met the corp and fought with her, and then moved to maelstorm gang?

I mean, even this is all just quest choices, I'm not even talking gameplay here...

Gameplay wise, from what I know, You can shoot your way through with different weapons, you can do it all stealthily , you can non lethally stealth take down them all, you can hack them, you can sneak your way through to steal it, you can use your mantis blades and climb your way in and melee kill them all , you can throw holy grenades in and hope to god it kills them all.... I mean the more I think about it, the bigger it gets.

and This is just ONE QUEST!

Hats Off CDPR!

P.S. And this is all what I know from the demo, God knows how many other things and ways and options are hidden in the game to do this quest, this is almost hitman lol!
What you said surely increases my willingness to play the game, lol
I agree with the two comments, one of the best things about RPG games are their freedom of choices and their consequences; plus different paths to deal with the situations. 'tis like it suits almost every playstyle/personality of the players!

- Is the compass at the top of the screen really needed? There are already pointers around the screen.

It is useful for those of us who prefer to turn off the floating markers. :) Chances are both the compass and the markers might be optional, however.

What I absolutely loved:
+ The character models, especially the skin textures.
I just watched the 17gb video earlier today, and I totally agree with this. The definition of the marks in the skin were pretty good to me.
+ The first-person animations are very well done and the gun reloading seems very satisfying.
+ The HUD and UI, especially the character creation screen. I also like the red color because it makes the HUD unique.
[...]
+ The insane amount of details.
[...] Will definitely buy the game when it releases :)
Also agree with that!
Just not with this:
[Sard Edit: no TPP/FPP stuff, thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta get this off my chest.

Cant stand jackie. i dont think it's a well fleshed out character. Looks acts and speaks like a dreamworks' cartoon sidekick like Timon from the Lion King, Donkey from Shreck or the fox wassaname from Zootropia. You know the ones that overact on every line, has to move every muscle of every limb and each and every muscle on their faces and cross their arm as they spout one-liners with one (1) word in spanish as if they were cool.

i pictured him to be the stoich silent indio warrior, instead i saw this over acting guy which will not shut up for dear life, and im underwhelmed by him. I wonder if there will be a chance to ditch him and axcttually personalize your team from mission to mission.

It is useful for those of us who prefer to turn off the floating markers. :) Chances are both the compass and the markers might be optional, however.

It has been stated by a few Devs that the damage numbers and various things on the HUD can be turned off or modified at least. Or so they have planned.

One thought, when doing a mission and we need different gear and weapons would be cool if say the car or vehicle has a little armory in them in case you like fail or know you might need better weapons and gear. And we don’t have to like travel back to the apartment if it’s far away.

Top Bottom