GAMEPLAY: Feature Requests and Mechanics

+
CDPR,

Although this game is plagued with bugs, they are not very large. I really have to say I love it! I love just being in it. Thank you for making it. I hope to see the new DLC I heard about. To be clear I own the PC version.

FEAUTURES THAT NEED TO BE IN THE GAME:

ONLINE CO-OP - NUFF SAID

Vehicle Customization - I think this would bring a great dynamic for this game to allow players to paint their cars, trucks or bikes and add stickers to them etc.. It can be in-game like Forza 7 or you can give us Photoshop .PSD templates to create skins for ourselves or other players. I personally have skinned many, many cars in Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2 and iRacing. There's quite a number of us here who do this and I think it would open up a whole new world for creators and players. rFactor does it a little better than most. They us PBR texturing.

Premium Flying Vehicles - This should be a purchasable feature in the game. We should be able to work our way up to buying like a small shuttle craft-like air vehicle like the one from the mission where you know who is longer with us.

Clothing Customization - I think it would be great if we could 'skin' or select colors and patterns for the clothing we loot. I see there are only a few designs that are randomly colored in the game. I think it would be awesome to have a 5 color system including stitching colors, camo patterns ect.

Selling Vehicles - This mechanic should never have been blocked or not included in the game. We should at a minimum be able to sell vehicles for at least 50% of what we paid for them or their value. We should be able to sell stolen cars for a GIG Bounty for let's say $2000 ED.

Weapon Customization - Same as explained in the Vehicle Customization above.

Mechbot & Drone Quickhack - Let us be able to take control of Mechbots (if present) like we do cameras. Or a quick hack that turns them friendly. I'd say level 35 or above at a cost of 11 RAM? Same for the drone but only small drones. Not the big ones from the "Sniper Take-Down" mission.

Pursuable Romance with Anyone, anyone - Sometimes we want those good clean girls and not hookers. I should be able to go to a certain place and town and start a relationship with any girl, or a guy AI, if that is your fancy. It won't be instant but later we get to "Brain Dance" if you know what I'm saying. Maybe not restrict the sexual preference of main characters?]

Trauma Team Suit - I think the whole Trauma Team suit should be loot-able or acquired via a mission story line involving them. The colors and stickers should also be editable as well. This is a Legendary / Iconic Item and cannot be bought.

A "Predator" style cloaking suit or Chameleon. - You can acquire the suit after getting a certain number of "undetected" gigs, crime stoppages or missions in total stealth. It can be activated to sneak around and do stealth take-downs but you can't shoot / stab anyone or use quick-hacks. If an enemy detects the sound of you killing someone they will start shooting in your direction. If they hit you, your suit is in-operable for 300 seconds. You must also de-cloak to interact with NPC's or Jack-In. This suit is in the Epic category and can be purchased after achieving the required score or bought (after achieving the score) for $100,000.00 ED.

NEW Stealth Killing Cyber Arms - "Reaper Arms" are cybernetic arms that can perform a dual take down of enemies from behind so long as they are within 2 meters of each other. These are Legendary cybernetics and very, very rare to find and if you buy them, very expensive $150,000.00 ED. The are flat black in color and when activated by pressing 'F', one arm Ninja Chops the head off the first enemy and instantly after that drives a scythe blade into the skull of the other enemy.

=====================================================================================================​

REMOVE THESE FEATURES FROM THE GAME:

Endless & Instant Police presence! - For the love of God please get rid of the instant police presence if we do something wrong. I shot up some future Cholos and some civilians were near that I did not see. And bam! the Cops are already there out of nowhere. This would never even happen now and highly doubt it ever will 56 years from now.

Constant Combat Condition - The "Combat Condition" should only be active when you are actually engaging enemies. Once they are dead on that floor or area. it should cease. I have gone through long combat sessions (over 40 min) only dying and having to re-do everything I just did because you cannot save. Once such example is where you have to eliminate a certain office lady in a building filled with in-active mech-soldiers and then exit the building.

Four vanity loading screens?????

photomode_31122020_231943.png

Last edited:
Vehicle Customization - yes plz

Premium Flying Vehicles - no thx, pain in the ass in GTA online (online part will come to cyberpunk), also most corpo building would shoot you down

Clothing Customization - why? do you customize your clothing at home? no you go and buy new cloths

Selling Vehicles - yes plz, if you dont cheat you kinda have a limited amount of cash, if you dont grind

Weapon Customization - no ty, what we have in attachments and modifications is good, i would like some more attachments tho

Mechbot & Drone Quickhack - would be nice, but you oneshot everything, why waste time on a robot that dosnt?

Pursuable Romance with Anyone, anyone - no game dose have that, unless you play skyrim with all the loverslab mods, maybe mods will help you here in the future

Trauma Team - could be a cool multiplayer option for the future

A "Predator" style cloaking suit or Chameleon - iam not sure cloaking is a thing in the cyberpunk univers

NEW Stealth Killing Cyber Arms - why?

Endless & Instant Police presence! - sorry, but MAXTAC is a rapid respond unit vs cyberpsychos its even kinda explained on your ride home with Jackie

Constant Combat Condition - ? its only active when enemys in the area are still on aleart, not sure where you have a problem here

Premium Flying Vehicles - no thx, pain in the ass in GTA online (online part will come to cyberpunk), also most CORPO building would shoot you down - They do this when your in a car or on a bike anyway. I just think is a missing dynamic since we are in 2077.

Clothing Customization - why? do you customize your clothing at home? no you go and buy new clothes - Yeah but I buy whatever I want, not what the store chooses for me. I get the idea of loot but in the actual clothing store it should be a thing. Or let us craft clothing and pick a logo design and color we want. I really don't see a problem here?

Weapon Customization - no ty, what we have in attachments and modifications is good, I would like some more attachments though. - Can you give me a valid argument as to why not?

Mechbot & Drone Quickhack - would be nice, but you one-shot everything, why waste time on a robot that doesn't? - That's only if you can find the Legendary Short Circuit. And it's location varies by the user. I have seen a few YouTube videos showing where it's at but it's never there.

Pursuable Romance with Anyone, anyone - no game dose have that, unless you play Skyrim with all the loverslab mods, maybe mods will help you here in the future? - But this game could and I see no issue with having it in the game.

A "Predator" style cloaking suit or Chameleon - I am not sure cloaking is a thing in the cyberpunk universe. - Have you seen the Flat Head yet?

NEW Stealth Killing Cyber Arms - why? - Why not, it's just an idea? Would it break the game immersion or ruin the story line? I just thought it would be a really cool set of cyberware to have if your a stealth player like I am.

Endless & Instant Police presence! - sorry, but MAXTAC is a rapid respond unit vs cyberpsychos its even kinda explained on your ride home with Jackie - True, I will accept your answer however instantly spawning in is quite ridiculous to say the least. I think the Cops there who see you should be able to call back up with a response time of say 3:00 minutes. Hell the Trauma team guarantees 7:00 minutes or less. The drones should be able to chase you and hunt you down showing your location until you kill them.

Constant Combat Condition - ? its only active when enemy's in the area are still on alert, not sure where you have a problem here. - Yeah, maybe you are right. The mission (not to try and spoil it) was the one I talked about. I went around and popped every soldier in the head. No red crosshairs from my gun from anyone. All cameras were destroyed, not just turned off. I even killed all those guys on the roof tops. It stayed in Combat Condition until I was at least 1km away. Maybe it's just one of those bugs. Today the missions worked okay.

Vehicle Customization - yes plz

Premium Flying Vehicles - no thx, pain in the ass in GTA online (online part will come to cyberpunk), also most corpo building would shoot you down

Clothing Customization - why? do you customize your clothing at home? no you go and buy new cloths

Selling Vehicles - yes plz, if you dont cheat you kinda have a limited amount of cash, if you dont grind

Weapon Customization - no ty, what we have in attachments and modifications is good, i would like some more attachments tho

Mechbot & Drone Quickhack - would be nice, but you oneshot everything, why waste time on a robot that dosnt?

Pursuable Romance with Anyone, anyone - no game dose have that, unless you play skyrim with all the loverslab mods, maybe mods will help you here in the future

Trauma Team - could be a cool multiplayer option for the future

A "Predator" style cloaking suit or Chameleon - iam not sure cloaking is a thing in the cyberpunk univers

NEW Stealth Killing Cyber Arms - why?

Endless & Instant Police presence! - sorry, but MAXTAC is a rapid respond unit vs cyberpsychos its even kinda explained on your ride home with Jackie

Constant Combat Condition - ? its only active when enemys in the area are still on aleart, not sure where you have a problem here

Cloak is definately a thing. The Ripperdoc in the Nomad camp suggest such as great idea, and Shaitan (one of the guys in a Silverhand mission) sports a full body mod with such when you look it up in the wiki: https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Militech_Eclipse (Down under other options Chameleon Covering).
As far as some CP2077 wiki go, it was at one point planned for this game, but was seemingly cut.

Posted this before (maybe on another thread) but wanted to add more to it anyway...

1: Crime activities and gang hideouts to respawn to add more replayability! It seems weird that NC, a city full of crime, is cleared up by one person and then nobody ever dares commit a crime again?

2: New game +

3: Barbers to customise your hair and maybe a general plastic surgeon to customise your appearance? (Maybe even change the colour of some of your cyberware?

4: More Cyberware! I haven't explored too much of the cyberware so far so maybe some of these are actually in the game but I was thinking things like a hidden blade in either the wrist or foot (to kick people with), night vision and thermal optics, magnetic hands so you can pick up certain things from further away, things like that.

5: Allow us to max our characters! I know you can respec your perks at a ripperdoc but if, like me, you didnt know you couldnt max everything and put hardly any points in one of your attributes, its really annoying! I got very far into the game and was considering restarting just so I can balance them out a bit?

6: Better Photomode controls and options! Ok this is a bit of a long one....
The manoverability of the camera in photomode is very.... difficult? You try move from side to side but it still focuses on your character! I think having photomode controls similar to AC Valhalla would be so much easier!
I know we can position our character using the rotate, left, right, close and far sliders. But for certain poses can we please have an up/down one? Like where you can jump and shoot, it seems a bit weird that you can only be shooting groin level?
Also new poses for your character aswell as adding props! For example; V could be using someone as a body shield, doing a martial arts kick on an enemy etc.
Making photomode better for in vehicles aswell! Like being able to look in first person and just other little things.
And lastly, moving/customising other npcs in photomode! By this I mean like turning on select characters muzzle flash, moving them to a better position. Little things like that which we can already do with V.

7: Inspect gun animation! The same animation that we get when picking up a new weapon for the first time! Its cool, it makes you feel badass and we can actually see what are gun looks like!

8: More quickhacks!

9: Allow us to rob people on the streets or in shops! Just makes the world feel a little bit more reactive to us.

10: Vehicle customisation! Visiting a mechanic or something where we can upgrade our vehicles with better engines and things aswell as changing the colour, adding liveries, logo's etc.

11. Music Player! A portable music player that can either play music from the radio or your own custom playlist (in game songs of course) similar to the saints row series. Also a big one.... the 2018 version of Chippin' In! It's already in the game and has just been released on the official soundtrack volume 3 so.........

12: Use Delamain as an actual taxi service. Bit more expensive than fast travel but would just be cool.

13: Change visuals! Whether it be plastic surgeons, barbers, ripperdocs, tattoo artists, just something that allows us to change our visuals a bit.

14: Allow us to change the look of our weapons/clothing without changing the stats. For example, say you have a pistol that does a load of damage but you have another pistol that looks way cooler, why not change the pistols visual to look like the other whilst maintaining the same stats? Obviously this would only work with weapons/clothing of the same class.

15: Still on the topic of clothing, it would be cool if when your character wears sunglasses that everything actually looks like your looking through sunglasses? Same with the other eye pieces.

16: Random ambushes from enemies. Whether it's someone you've wronged and they've put a hit on your or just some bandits in the badlands. Having enemies randomly attack you will really add the the feeling that your never safe in NC! Also some of these could be car chases with vehicle combat?

17: Harmful weather such as acid rain that damages your cyberware? Maybe you have to repair it at a ripperdoc? Maybe you have to carry a special umbrella?

If I think of any more then I'll add them at some point

Posted this before (maybe on another thread) but wanted to add more to it anyway...

1: Crime activities and gang hideouts to respawn to add more replayability! It seems weird that NC, a city full of crime, is cleared up by one person and then nobody ever dares commit a crime again?

2: New game +

3: Barbers to customise your hair and maybe a general plastic surgeon to customise your appearance? (Maybe even change the colour of some of your cyberware?

4: More Cyberware! I haven't explored too much of the cyberware so far so maybe some of these are actually in the game but I was thinking things like a hidden blade in either the wrist or foot (to kick people with), night vision and thermal optics, magnetic hands so you can pick up certain things from further away, things like that.

5: Allow us to max our characters! I know you can respec your perks at a ripperdoc but if, like me, you didnt know you couldnt max everything and put hardly any points in one of your attributes, its really annoying! I got very far into the game and was considering restarting just so I can balance them out a bit?

6: Better Photomode controls and options! Ok this is a bit of a long one....
The manoverability of the camera in photomode is very.... difficult? You try move from side to side but it still focuses on your character! I think having photomode controls similar to AC Valhalla would be so much easier!
I know we can position our character using the rotate, left, right, close and far sliders. But for certain poses can we please have an up/down one? Like where you can jump and shoot, it seems a bit weird that you can only be shooting groin level?
Also new poses for your character aswell as adding props! For example; V could be using someone as a body shield, doing a martial arts kick on an enemy etc.
Making photomode better for in vehicles aswell! Like being able to look in first person and just other little things.
And lastly, moving/customising other npcs in photomode! By this I mean like turning on select characters muzzle flash, moving them to a better position. Little things like that which we can already do with V.

7: Inspect gun animation! The same animation that we get when picking up a new weapon for the first time! Its cool, it makes you feel badass and we can actually see what are gun looks like!

8: More quickhacks!

9: Allow us to rob people on the streets or in shops! Just makes the world feel a little bit more reactive to us.

10: Vehicle customisation! Visiting a mechanic or something where we can upgrade our vehicles with better engines and things aswell as changing the colour, adding liveries, logo's etc.

11. Music Player! A portable music player that can either play music from the radio or your own custom playlist (in game songs of course) similar to the saints row series. Also a big one.... the 2018 version of Chippin' In! It's already in the game and has just been released on the official soundtrack volume 3 so.........

12: Use Delamain as an actual taxi service. Bit more expensive than fast travel but would just be cool.

13: Change visuals! Whether it be plastic surgeons, barbers, ripperdocs, tattoo artists, just something that allows us to change our visuals a bit.

14: Allow us to change the look of our weapons/clothing without changing the stats. For example, say you have a pistol that does a load of damage but you have another pistol that looks way cooler, why not change the pistols visual to look like the other whilst maintaining the same stats? Obviously this would only work with weapons/clothing of the same class.

15: Still on the topic of clothing, it would be cool if when your character wears sunglasses that everything actually looks like your looking through sunglasses? Same with the other eye pieces.

16: Random ambushes from enemies. Whether it's someone you've wronged and they've put a hit on your or just some bandits in the badlands. Having enemies randomly attack you will really add the the feeling that your never safe in NC! Also some of these could be car chases with vehicle combat?

17: Harmful weather such as acid rain that damages your cyberware? Maybe you have to repair it at a ripperdoc? Maybe you have to carry a special umbrella?

If I think of any more then I'll add them at some point

#1 is the one I wish we had now. I didn't know one person can clean up a whole city by himdself. I know that Far Cry 3 has this feature. In Far Cry 4 they have 'Outpost Master'.

I agree with most of the features requested but I do not want flying vehicles in the game. In universe reason(s) is that for a vehicle similar to the Maimai car the vehicle would cost about the same as the Brennan Apollo motorcycle and a "supercar" version would be about 2 to 4 times the cost of the Rayfield Caliburn, also the corporations would want to keep this type of thing out of the hands of the unwashed masses. Out of universe reason is that in my opinion this is not needed at this time.

In New game+ add modifier option.

Semi dynamic mechanic wherein the city will become more dangerous, like Watson and Pacifica for example ( should go into Lockdown if V has not been there cleaning up the neighborhood for awhile)

However if left untended the gangs break out and spill into the city, I suppose implement a bit of a Nemesis system here, to make the world feel more organic. Also where are the convoys ? I was expecting random gangs to be after me on the roads of the city it feels so static, but Ok. Let's stick with one wish.

On the second play through I found I couldn't care less about the story, but I could spend ages in the city and Love the guns, swords and action. So I am asking for CDP Red to give me something to do :)

Coupling Improved Loot with the above mentioned mechanic would be grand. Think Diablo 3 rifts, Shadow of War Nemesis system or The Division 2 I would sink hundreds of hours into Cyberpunk 2077 if the end game loop were there. Pretty please.

GLN7

Forum regular
CDPR,

Although this game is plagued with bugs, they are not very large. I really have to say I love it! I love just being in it. Thank you for making it. I hope to see the new DLC I heard about. To be clear I own the PC version.

FEAUTURES

Now, wait just a minute here Xer SOLIDKREATE.

Are you asking for real fixes? We have enough faux, and feautures seems like you're playing tricks on me :disapprove:

Otherwise, I like a lot of these ideas. In fact almost all, and I don't hate any of them. There's more I might wish for, but these things seem like a good conceptual starting place.

I am still waiting to reinstall, I think since about 2 weeks after release. When we get 1.4/1.5, I'm gonna give it a real solid chance this time. Hopefully some of this is implemented in some way. I qualify that, because I don't honestly have a very well informed idea of the game past losing Jackie - full disclosure.

Last edited:
1. configurable survival mode option separate from difficulty so that food, water. sleep and showering become necessary. Also would like a option to make player and npc health and damage more realistic and with better locational damage so enemies and player become less spongy
2. controller mapping or alternate control scheme so crouch is on RS instead of B/Circle (skip dialogue still mapped to B/Circle)
3. V's player homes on map
4. Manual transmission and realistic driving physics options
5. option to turn off crouching vignette
6. option to turn off camera auto centering when driving in third person
7. ads speed reduction currently doesn't work please fix, i play with higher sensitivity on controller so this a problem.
8. Alternate UI color scheme pre-sets for hud and menus

Last edited:
Hi, I will also add something related to melee mainly :

More stealth kills / melee takedowns in general animations / changing human shield animation.

More takedowns because well, there's none for classical melee weapons, and one or two per cybertech ( one for mantis and 2 for gorilla arms, if I remember well ? ) . I am mainly a melee player and I think the lack of diversified takedowns is making melee combats very repetitive and a bit weird sometimes, like, the ennemy flying away after a knife blow or stabbing attack is a bit weird also ^^

The human shield animation has nothing bad in itself but..when you grab an ennemy like that just in front of her friend, dragging him away and he is Not screaming or calling for help is a bit disturbing. Call of Duty Cold war made something awesome for this :
( be Careful, headphones users ).

For me, if something like that happens, I would be really happy already ^^

Thank you CDProjektRed for this really awesome game that you keep upgrading ! For me, it just needs a few things and it would be perfect !

Hi, I will also add something related to melee mainly :

More stealth kills / melee takedowns in general animations / changing human shield animation.

More takedowns because well, there's none for classical melee weapons, and one or two per cybertech ( one for mantis and 2 for gorilla arms, if I remember well ? ) . I am mainly a melee player and I think the lack of diversified takedowns is making melee combats very repetitive and a bit weird sometimes, like, the ennemy flying away after a knife blow or stabbing attack is a bit weird also ^^

The human shield animation has nothing bad in itself but..when you grab an ennemy like that just in front of her friend, dragging him away and he is Not screaming or calling for help is a bit disturbing. Call of Duty Cold war made something awesome for this :
( be Careful, headphones users ).

For me, if something like that happens, I would be really happy already ^^

Thank you CDProjektRed for this really awesome game that you keep upgrading ! For me, it just needs a few things and it would be perfect !
I highly doubt they are gonna add those type of animations that just kinda look cool, especially because it would slow you down if your taking on multiple enemies those animations and kills look really scripted.

Well, I'd say why not because Cyberpunk means to be, if I'm not wrong, being realistic and immersive. For me, combats where the enemies are flying away or just falling on the ground while being stabbed seem unrealistic and kind of "archaic" for modern games like Cyberpunk. But it is only my oppinion, also, an option to prevent the "Execution event" to happen, would satisfy both of us.

It is also a matter or realism, to make it less "arcade looking". That's why in a lot of modern FPS like Battlefield, COD or even TPS like Ghost recon, there's always an "execution" while being in melee ( I'm talking about the campaign and PVE content, not multiplayer )

Even Skyrim and Fallout 4 had that, 7 years ago. But the animations happens at the end of a fight only or while being behind an ennemy, which that could also be an option to add.

For stealth kill though, I think it is particulary important because for people playing stealth / melee build, we are breaking 40 necks per days, would be nice to have something else too xD At least with weapons like knifes or with Mantis blades. Not everyone like snipers with suppressors even if it's cool, some prefer going close with knives or any melee weapon. Why breaking the neck while you have a knife or mantis blades, except if you need the ennemie's clothes clean ( that would be fun also, having that kind of choice haha )
At least, this is my oppinion.

Cheers !

Exarch_Vorgar

Last edited:
Well, I'd say why not because Cyberpunk means to be, if I'm not wrong, being realistic and immersive. For me, combats where the enemies are flying away or just falling on the ground while being stabbed seem unrealistic and kind of "archaic" for modern games like Cyberpunk. But it is only my oppinion, also, an option to prevent the "Execution event" to happen, would satisfy both of us.

It is also a matter or realism, to make it less "arcade looking". That's why in a lot of modern FPS like Battlefield, COD or even TPS like Ghost recon, there's always an "execution" while being in melee ( I'm talking about the campaign and PVE content, not multiplayer )

Even Skyrim and Fallout 4 had that, 7 years ago. But the animations happens at the end of a fight only or while being behind an ennemy, which that could also be an option to add.

For stealth kill though, I think it is particulary important because for people playing stealth / melee build, we are breaking 40 necks per days, would be nice to have something else too xD At least with weapons like knifes or with Mantis blades. Not everyone like snipers with suppressors even if it's cool, some prefer going close with knives or any melee weapon. Why breaking the neck while you have a knife or mantis blades, except if you need the ennemie's clothes clean ( that would be fun also, having that kind of choice haha )
At least, this is my oppinion.

Cheers !

Exarch_Vorgar
Depending on your stats, can't you one hit kill someone with a knife or katana...

Top Bottom