[Gameplay Feedback] Grenade targeting or just throw the thing?

+

Grenades

• Target it

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Just throw it

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
1537540246690.png

Should we have an aiming system or do we want to just throw the damn grenade?

In another game, it is "just throw" by default, and there is a character upgrade that shows what the trajectory would be if the grenade was thrown right now, but still no auto-aim or similar feature. Something like that would be fine. Of course, Cyberpunk may even have "smart grenades" that actively seek the target. :) So, it could depend on both the character build and what you are throwing.

Ahhh.,..

that remind me of the system of shadowrun! where if you get this cyber augment (I think its an arm?) , when the ennemy throw a grenade..lol..you grab it and throw it back at them! lot of fun!

I feel like grenade aiming is a band-aid for bad, inconsistent physics. For example Deus Ex: Human Revolution had 'just throw it' grenades, and those were objectively terrible. Meanwhile a game like Halo of COD are consistent enough to actually instill a sense of skill.

I'm leaning more towards aiming grenades in this case as it's supported by lore (eg. your eyeball augmentation).

Just throw.

Or, alternatively, if there has to be some kind of aim assist... Slightly highlight a spot on the ground (RMB), click, and V then tries to hit the spot based on REF/skill (there could be a difficulty indicator on the highlight; a number or a colour code). The grenade is then thrown at the general direction that’s being aimed and hits or misses (in a random direction) the spot based on a check, and blows up where it lands.

You should be able to learn their trajectory as a player at least. The less HUD, the better, unless the HUD is justified by an ingenious in-game solution like being a fucking cyborg lol (and even then, go easy).

Just throw.

Or, alternatively, if there has to be some kind of aim assist... Slightly highlight a spot on the ground (RMB), click, and V then tries to hit the spot based on REF/skill (there could be a difficulty indicator on the highlight; a number or a colour code). The grenade is then thrown at the general direction that’s being aimed and hits or misses (in a random direction) the spot based on a check, and blows up where it lands.
I like that idea.

Top Bottom