Gameplay feedback + improvements

+
I really enjoyed playing the game and I would like to thank CD Projekt Red for Cyberpunk2077. Please take following feedback as a set of things I have missed or things that (in ma opinion) may have worked out better. I will list the areas in the first place and try to explain them in separate sections.

=== LIST ===
1) Time frame for certain quests
2) Survival approach
3) NCPD
4) Gigs and Hustles
5) Vehicle driving
6) Clothing

=== DETAILS ===

1) Time frame for certain quests
Issue:

Throughout the game, there are several quests that should be done in time. E.g.
You should meet someone at 7pm, you should wait for certain Parade to take place at specific date, Judy or Panam call you to meet immediately
but not meeting those expectations does not mean any consequences for the game. Characters will wait forever for you to come and meet them, fixed happening will take place only after you do the certain action, not the at the date specified by the game
(Parade starts only after you meet and talk with Takemura)
or you are allowed to leave certain areas to level up even though it really doesn't make any sense
(e.g. Final round of Beat On Brat where you leave before the fight and let them wait several days until you are strong enough. ☺)
Expectation:
It would be great if the player is forced to act according to a schedule and leave him in a bit of uncertainty whether he is able to make it. Let's say,
Parade is scheduled for one week before the Relic fu*ks your neural network completely so you have enough time to finish all your side quests, gigs, hustles. In case you finish it early - we still have the "Skip time" feature, if you miss the opportunity
- Game Over - that's life...
Speaking of side quests - when you are needed somewhere immediately of at certain time/date and you miss it - Quest fails. That's life.
E.g. if you leave Beat On Brat finals area, you lose the fight right away. If you are not at meeting point when you are taking over the Clouds, the quest fails and Judy is upset, of course 😄

2) Survival approach
Issue:

We are introduced to the game in a Vs apartment which made me feel there will be a need to take care of the character - Sleep, Eat, take care of health (broken legs, bleeding, other wounds). To be honest, I wasn't forced to return into the apartment (or other "home") beside the situations where the game forced me to be there. I did not find any reasonable usage for all the consumables like beverages or meals. You can exist without them and you can completely ignore them all the gameplay.
Expectation:
The game is about survival, right? You are fighting for your life against time and other circumstances, having this survival mode available would be great additional layer. I think it's well implemented in Kingdom Come: Deliverance so something similar would be great.
To be completely fair, Cyberware augmentation is wonderful and I appreciate at least this kind option to take care of the character.

3) NCPD
Issue:

It just dosn't work. Police forgets about you in matter of seconds and if you try to fight them and lose, the only possibility is to be Flatlined.
Expectation:
The option to surrender and spend some time in jail (and lose some valuable time towards main story line, of course) would be nice option to have. Longer period of "wanted" in case you did something very nasty or the oposite - if you incapacitate all the policemen in the area quickly enough, you may gain your time to disappear. Have the possibility to apply quickhack even to the policemen would be great (It may have been just a bug during my gameplay but it made me mad several times).

4) Gigs and hustles
I hope this will be addressed in some DLCs but in Vanilla game - Gigs and Hustles are the main opportunities to gain XP and level-up your character and in case you decide to clean the city of those gigs and NCPD hustles, you end up with large amount of repetitive missions of "Go there and clean the area". It's hard to advise anything specific here, just wider range of activities would be appreciated.

5) Vehicle Driving
This is really a minor issue but i wanted to mention it. Driving vehicles using a keyboard and mouse is a real pain. Basically getting from point A to point B using just a car or bike means to monitor a minimap constantly (which displays turning points in the latest possible moment so you are missing a lot of highway exits) and hoping you will be able to make a succesfull turn. Vehicles still drifts, you are at the pavements crushing civilians all the time. 😄
Expectation:
It might be useful to use mouse for turning the vehicle (which works for Basilisk, by the way) and maybe use some keyswitch to rotate a camera while driving.

6) Clothing
Just a note that I just did not understand whether Suite slot has some additional effect to a regular clothing or whether it's exclusive. At some point of the game, you have locked your regular clothing while wearing the Suite but at other points you may wear both.

If you read the whole text, thank you and congrats. 😄 😄

Last edited:
About schedules. CDPR needs to adjust things first, no overlapping missions, no NPCs calling you in the middle of a mission or conversation. Only make noticeable side gigs in areas that the main story has lead you to.

Driving issues is really down to the vehicle you are using, not driving in general. Some vehicles do fish tail due to a light rear end, some do not and stick to the road really well. If your driving with the fastest vehicle, expect to miss turns, that's on you, not the mechanic. Find the Type-66 ( Dukes of Hazard ) is the fastest I've found with the most road grip.

The suit slot is well a left over mechanic I've found. Only Heist mission makes use of it and no other mission and non of the clothes you find you can wear.

Driving issues is really down to the vehicle you are using, not driving in general. Some vehicles do fish tail due to a light rear end, some do not and stick to the road really well. If your driving with the fastest vehicle, expect to miss turns, that's on you, not the mechanic. Find the Type-66 ( Dukes of Hazard ) is the fastest I've found with the most road grip.

I am no gamer expert, but i cannot remember a game that have a terrible driving like CP.

You have to drive looking the minimap not the city/view/street, on screen directions would be very welcome
The minimap is small, you always will lose the entrance, don´t even need to be a fast car, because the cars don´t break
The cars don´t make curves, this mechanic was used in very old games, any decent game make the car lose control or something.
And the cars cannot break for nothing.

If you use mods or try to adjust the experience you see how lazy the driving was made, the game don´t consider the car with 4 wheels, is just a glorified horse, note how the car handle the same if is all broken or not? We can´t shoot the tires, but in comments they say that yes, shoot the tires.
The minimap is small because the game can´t draw the map
Lots of details in cars interior and exterior, and this lazy programming.

I cannot say 100% sure, but i am almost certain that they just got the W3 system and put there.

About schedules. CDPR needs to adjust things first, no overlapping missions, no NPCs calling you in the middle of a mission or conversation. Only make noticeable side gigs in areas that the main story has lead you to.
There are several approaches to that and maybe CDPR does not want it the way I described. It's just my point of view. : )

My remark was mainly focused to a S/D steering mechanics, which is kind of unfriendly; and not-the-best minimap overview of your planned route to destination. You are correct that when you get used to certain vehicle type, you are able to drive it quite ok. : )

The suit slot is well a left over mechanic I've found. Only Heist mission makes use of it and no other mission and non of the clothes you find you can wear.
There are few other suits you are wearing during the game. There is kind of virtual jumpsuit (which declares that your position can't be detected in real world while you are in a virtual world), the Suit in Heist mission and Wetsuit
when you go diving with Judy
. Maybe there are others but it wasn't clear for me how to use it properly (especially the Virtual jumpsuit) during the gameplay.
Post automatically merged:

And the cars cannot break for nothing.

If you use mods or try to adjust the experience you see how lazy the driving was made, the game don´t consider the car with 4 wheels, is just a glorified horse, note how the car handle the same if is all broken or not? We can´t shoot the tires, but in comments they say that yes, shoot the tires.
Unbreakable cars or their ability to "Magically get back on tires" is very funny, that's true, I forgot mentioning it. : D

Last edited:
I'm liking your suggestions so far. :)

The lack of time frame limitations is a bit immersion breaking, if only a little bit. I like being able to drive everywhere and do everything, but a few curveballs about whether I NEED to do a quest first, rather than just whether or not I WANT to, would make it a bit more exciting. At the moment, I'm just driving around completing gigs with no limits, which is fun and all, but eventually I've gotta go and play something else that actually puts the pressure on a bit. Maybe if you do too many gigs in a row, there needs to be some kind of threat to you for beating a whole district of gangs down. A bounty on your head, or corrupt cops coming after you? Or, like you said, there needs to be a more tightly controlled time frame for when you HAVE to do things as opposed to what you just want to do.

Plus, the added survival element would tie in with that. Taking time to take care of yourself, patch yourself up, eat and sleep, might shave some time off of your capability to do certain things in time before someone calls you with the next major event. I sell most of the consumables, because they don't do anything for me really. Not sure how a survival element would look in a game like this. It's no doubt something that'll get put in mods eventually (if it hasn't already) but a base game element would be better. Addiction would do good thrown in there too, given how much booze you inevitably end up coming across.

Top Bottom