gameplay mechanics - question - sukrus side (POV) + on play effects

+
Hey there,

There are 2 questions that i cant really test by myself and so far ive been playing around not knowing successfully but id really like to know...:

- When do "on play" effects trigger? E.g. Opponent has the novigrad seductress and i hit her for 3 with a unit deploy (e.g. mage). Does she die or does she get buffed first. Are there general rules/exceptions (E.g. nothing can die before all effects are resolved/deploy effect always last/always first)? Along similar lines.. if i kill a unit that damages other units on deploy (like skellige ship) with a unit deploy of my own is it the same as seductress or will the result be different depending on the effect (i.e. what happens first?)

- How are "to the left/right of unit effects handled POV wise? I know its left side (sukrus) for the one who plays but does the side change for the opponent since his POV is mirrored or does the game account for that by correcting the playingfield in a visual way as to display side effects properly?
Ive seen an unreasonable number of people trying to damage the unit protected by sukrus ("unit to the left of sukrus cant take damage") so im kinda wondering how this works.

I have questions about this as well, because I just had Moreelse remove a card I had to the left of Sukrus using tribute. Is this intentional or a bug?

Sukrus only protects from direct damage, if moreelse used his tribute ability he "destroys". I think that is what happened in your case^

DRK3

Forum veteran
@RaynStargaze 1st question: Usually the effects of the card you play take effect before anything else. At least the two examples you mentioned, the played card effect will trigger before the ones on the board, but i cant confirm it's always like this 100%.

Sukrus always protects the one on his left - yes, if you're playing against Sukrus, the vision is mirrored, so the protected unit is still on the left.

And to clarify, Sukrus only protects vs damage, of any type, but not destruction, like scorch,epidemic, predatory dive, Geralt, Leo, Moreelse, ...

Top Bottom