Gameplay Questions about Skellige

+
How can I use Svalblod Totem ? It says in the description that "order: damage adjacent units by 2". I tried to use it to damage e.g. Drummond Shieldmaiden , since when it's damaged, the player gets a copy of it; however, it doesn't seem to work (btw, does the player only get a copy of Drummond Shieldmaiden when it is damaged by the opponent?).

Any ideas how I could use Svalblod Totem ?

It should have worked as you say, but you need the second copy of shieldmaiden in your deck as it is just drawn out of it, not spawned. So if you already played the 1st one, of it's in your graveyard, board or hand, it won't work.
Post automatically merged:

And the shielmaiden you damage needs to survive!

I've got 2 copies of it, so I must have already used one of them as you say. To make things absolutely clear, it's enough for me to have both cards in my deck, not in my hand?

How do I know what level of Bloodthirst there is?

Is a bloodthirst level counted only when a hostile card's strength is marked with red colour?

Berserk (e.g. Disgraced Brawler), how can I use this ability? For example, Disgraced Brawler has it, but I'm not sure what conditions must be met in order for it to activate...

Disgraced Brawler has the following ability - "lock self". What benefits does it give? Why would I want to lock my Disgraced Brawler?

He also has Berserk 4: Destroy self ability. So if he's not locked, he can be destryed by just 3 damage.

Right click on the card and read what it says. Berserk 4 means that ability triggers automatically if he is at 4 power. Given the ability is to kill himself, you don't want it to activate unless it's your oppenent's unit.

I've got 2 copies of it, so I must have already used one of them as you say. To make things absolutely clear, it's enough for me to have both cards in my deck, not in my hand?

Adjacent means the 2 cards right next to the totem. It does damage only to those 2 cards. The idea being that you play the totem, spawn a unit on either side, then on the next turn you do 2 damage to those 2 units, reduce them to 2 power, their berserk ability triggers and they turn into 5 power units.

If you play a drummond shieldmaiden next to the totem before you order the totem to do damage, then you'll damage it instead. and again the card text says what happens. It summons another shieldmaiden from your deck, so there has to be one in your deck to summon. It won't summon from the graveyard or from your hand.

How do I know what level of Bloodthirst there is?

Is a bloodthirst level counted only when a hostile card's strength is marked with red colour?

The level gets raised by one for every wounded (lower than base strength) enemy. If there are three wounded enemy units on the board you level of blood lust is 3. Healing or boosting units can reduce the blood lust level.

Ok. If I reduced the strength of one hostile unit by 2 and another unit by 1, would my bloodthirst level be 2 or 3? Is the level calculated on the basis of the total number of wounds or the number of individual wounded cards?

It's based on the number of wounded cards on your opponents side (I missed that in my last post. So your own units don't count when it comes to your blood lust level). A card is only wounded if it is below its base strength. When a unit gets boosted by 4 and you damage it by 2 it is not wounded but just less boosted if that makes any sense.

So, just to make sure I understand it--when my opponent boosts a card that has default 4 strength up to, say 8, and then I wound it by 2 (so it's 6 now), it won't get the red "wounded" mark at all, right? It will only get that red mark when I lower its strength below 4, won't it?

I play as Skellige.

1. I sometimes can't hurt some cards the hostile players put on the board. What I mean by that is that I use my card (or my leader, who has one "shot," target a hostile card and this hostile card is sort of grayed out and I can't really "fire" at it, as if it wasn't there. What are the reasons for this kind of "immunity"? [n.b. this is not because of the shield]

2. Can doomed cards be banished? Are there any cards that can't be banished? I used a banishing card a few times and wasted it becasue the hostile card I targeted didn't go away... I don't know why...

Quick answers...

#1 ... Here are some reasons you cannot target a card
a. another card with DEFENDER ability is on the same row
b. The card you are targeting has IMMUNITY (though cards with this tag are fairly rara.)
c. The card you are using to target has prerequisites you are not meeting (like having 9 or more strength on tall removal cards.

#2 Doomed cards automatically banish themselves when removed from the board (to graveyard or returned to deck) unless they have been purified beforehand. Every card can be banished, but if you use a bomb with the banish ability, that banishment only happens if you have done enough damage to cause the card to be removed from the playing field.

i.e. Doing 4 points of damage to a 5 strength card with the Northern Wind Bomb will leave your opponent with a 1 strength card. If that card is damaged again later, it will not be banished from the game, but go to the graveyard.

1. I sometimes can't hurt some cards the hostile players put on the board. What I mean by that is that I use my card (or my leader, who has one "shot," target a hostile card and this hostile card is sort of grayed out and I can't really "fire" at it, as if it wasn't there. What are the reasons for this kind of "immunity"? [n.b. this is not because of the shield]

2. Can doomed cards be banished? Are there any cards that can't be banished? I used a banishing card a few times and wasted it becasue the hostile card I targeted didn't go away... I don't know why...

1. Because the opponent has a Defender which must be destroyed before you can target other cards on the row.
2. Yes. Which card did you play? And against which unit?

2. Is there anyplace where I can check match history? I don't remember all the details. I'll write when this happens again but then I'll try to remember the cards' names.
Post automatically merged:

1. As for the Defender - is the card labeled as "Defender" just like for example some cards are with "Shield"?

Defender is one of the many icons that appear on the bottom left of the card along with shield...it is grey and red.

it can be purified and the your opponents card will be labelled Defender. (in addition, a targeting reticle appears over the card when it is first played.)

Top Bottom