Gameplay Reveal — 48-minute walkthrough

+
Very impressive demo. Love the art style, music, the city. Everything seems so vibrant and really original as far as video games go (maybe except for interiors but the atmosphere's there so not complaining here).

Combat looked way better than I expected, definitely above CDPR standards, not sure about the numbers popping up though, felt kind of unnecessary and a bit out of place. (Also that pistol recoil LOL)

I've got a huge issue with driving however. It feels VERY light, too light. NPC cars just suddenly freeze in place whenever the player gets near them, sounds are kind of off and don't really reflect the visual style of the car. Definitely a lot of work needed here.

Writing and characters felt spot on, really spot on. Well done to the team, the quest seems complicated enough, characters believable and their language is definitely appropriate for the setting.

I was positively surprised by the boss fight. Couldn't really see anyone talk about this. CDPR seem to have taken inspiration from Dark Souls again (learning opponents moves) and adapted it for shooting which is quite impressive. Got very slight bullet-hell vibes from it which is most definitely a good thing.

Overall great work guys, I appreciate how open you are about the state of the game and how "real" this gameplay vid looks. It's not another touched up presentation like so many of others out there. Well done to the team and keep up the hard work!

Добрый день! Очень понравилась демонстрация! Но хотелось бы внести несколько предложений относительно визуальной части игры:

1. HUD в игре однотонный по цвету, возможно стоить добавить больше цветов в некоторые элементы?!
2. Было бы здорово если бы у главного героя был напарник противоположного пола, у мужчины это женщина, ну и наоборот.
3. Система повреждения главного героя, что если добавить анимации как герой избавляется от пули в руке или ноге, или возможно настраивает имплант?! Интересно было бы видеть повреждения главного героя, если например он повредил руку сильно, то до конца боя или миссии необходимо обходится поврежённой рукой, а после идти к доктору, который исправит имплант. Проблема в том что мы не видим как герой страдает, это заметно только по уровню здоровья.
Спасибо Вам из России

Hi! Loved the demonstration! But I would like to make a few suggestions regarding the visual part of the game:

1. HUD in the game is solid in color, maybe worth adding more colors to some items?!
2. It would be great if the main character had a partner of the opposite sex, a man is a woman, and Vice versa.
3. The damage system of the main character, what if you add animation as the hero gets rid of a bullet in the hand or foot, or perhaps adjusts the implant?! It would be interesting to see the damage to the main character, for example if he hurt his hand badly, then before the end of the battle or the mission it is necessary to do with a damaged hand, and then go to the doctor who will fix the implant. The problem is that we do not see how the hero suffers, it is noticeable only in terms of health.
Thank You from Russia

It looks badass...
Exactly how I pictured it in my head.
Good job CDPR, you nailed the shit out of that fuck'o'punk'o'freaking game, kudos.

Now, not a fan of the damage numbers (mostly when you kill someone with two bullets...), you should either give us an option to hide it, or just get rid of it, it's pushing us out of the immersion, it feels too much "MMO" like.

I mean, you want immersion?
If you shoot at someone, and he wears a bulletproof jacket and keep coming at you, you won't have numbers poping up out of him, so yep it kinda make fights "casual", like going out farming some mobs on Dofus...

Remove those numbers and you're actually there, fighting a gang.
Numbers discreetly imply they're.just random mob, no number gives flesh to the world.

At least those are my only grip (and impression) about it, good job guys!

Last edited:
CD Projekt Red. Its easy to understand the hesitation in showing us gameplay given what happened with the witcher 3. Just know that i for one am super impressed and hyped for this game based on what i saw. I would buy this game based just on this gameplay alone, but knowing you guys are working on it means we'll get something even better. All i need now is a release date, and a third person option might be cool too.

I was really hoping that the hacking/engineering part will be something much more complex and demanding but looking at the door opening which was autoresolved just because your engineering skill was high enough makes me bit disappointed with this specific part of the game. I suppose the hacking part would look exactly the same.
Yep, looks like your non-Solo abilities are merely a matter of having invested enough skill points into them for automatic success.

One of the big beefs I have with this demo is that it doesn’t really look like someone playing an RPG. It looks like it could well be Ubisoft’s next annual iteration of Far Cry, or GTA 6, or something (and had I not known what demo this was, I’d have guessed in that ilk).

There’s something (or something missing) that just doesn’t make it click right, fine as it may be otherwise.

Did CDPR explain (or did anyone figure out by analysing the visuals) if they were using Vulkan during the demo or not?

I saw some spreading rumors that CDPR confirmed using Vulkan, but I can't find any source so that doesn't sound reliable.

I hope this actually gets seen and read, but if not I wont be sour. But my feedback on the demo is summarized in "its okay".

Look the game looks beautiful. But the whole demo feels extremely scripted and ive seen too many demos for RPGs where devs say "think of the butterfly effect this could have", and then that never ends up being true in the final release, or the quest they demo is the only one that has thought put into its multi-path system and the rest are just the same no matter what.

You can say this is a possible route - but the others would have just gotten you killed and given you a game over, so its not REALLY a choice at that point, just the facade of it. I wouldnt normally be so critical of a scripted demo, but this is supposed to be "the next ground breaker", and so far im not seeing anything that wasn't already done in The Syndicate in 2012. Only difference being this is open world, but that doesn't really show to be of any value in the demo. You don't interact with anyone or steal anything or fight the boxing robot, the most you do is buy a soda. Having more people isn't what makes a game feel alive, having them buying things, and leaving, and starting fights, getting killed, showing signs of permanence - those are how you make a world feel alive. By showing that people will interact with each other, not just the player.

I didn't care about the POV when i was hearing about it in forums and such, but watching the game in action, i would have much preferred the more cinematic approach to dialogue that the witcher took. I don't mind the POV of first person for gameplay, but for dialogue, it feels less immersive to me because it just looks silly more often than not. Like imagine watching a tv show and the person was talking directly to the camera the whole time. It's weird. And unless you're planning to have people play this in VR, the dialogue cutscenes are gonna be very weird. So if anything is subject to change, look at making this an option. Please. I want to have a more movie-like presentation when all the gang members are holding their guns at you. Right now, it just looks weird and a lot of details get missed by the player because of the single camera angle the whole time. And also what is the point of having different styles of clothes/armor if the only time you see them is in the pause menu? Give us some 3rd person cutscenes so we can see how our jackets and goggles look. Otherwise what's the point?

Gameplay wise again it just seems like Syndicate with more guns. It's alright, nothing spectacular or jawdropping. May be more fun to play than to watch. However i will say interactions with terminals looked.... weird. It didn't look like a store, it looked very placeholder. Just a preference thing the though im sure.

Voice acting was good on the female character, and Jackie seemed alright. They all played their roles. It bothered me that the text choices seemed to have more character than the words that were actually said though. Like the text would say "i think we can both flow to that" and then the characters words would be "i can agree". It just didn't feel right.

Overall it was a decent demo, just not the spectacular blowout media outlets were making it out to be in my opinion. Still excited for the game, just not overly hyped, which is a good place to be i feel since the game is so far out.

Thanks for reading if you did. Hope this didnt upset anyone. Just wanting to give genuine constructive feedback.

TL;DR - its okay, POV feels like it should be 3rd person in dialogue and cutscenes, combat looks good but not anything not seen before. Characters and voice acting are good. Driving seems okay if a bit stale.
If you want a more generic rating based on the demo, i guess I'd give it a 6/10.

Peace.

Ok, just now saw the last 20 minutes of the game and it has made me even more disappointed for Cyberpunk 2077.
The last 20 minutes has nothing but shooting and killing people with different guns in first person so i see no difference from any other first person shooter.

I will give CDPR another chance to add third person view and make the game in to an RPG because i do not play first person shooters pretending to be RPG's.

Sorry for this post but i can only say what i think and will not lie to CDPR.

Btw guys, imagine how long this game will be, if they're okay showing us 50 minutes of the main story!( Since they said that it will also be jam-packed with sidequests like the W3.) We got ourselves a huge SP game.

I am a big fan of the melee system and how it is implemented and from first impression of the 3 "skill trees" they seem very distinctive and well thought out, offering various game-play options. The world itself looks amazing and it looks like you guys really know what you're doing with that aspect of the game. I was rather sceptical though of the mechanic when you hacked the Maelstrom gang member... The interface seemed confusing at first glance but I am aware it is subject to change. Although it is an early stage of the game, it doesn't look as smooth as the Witcher in the way it plays. I REALLY hope this chnages and looks like it plays as smooth as Witcher does. I like the idea of choosing your childhood hero and whatnot, but in the demo, three options for each category didn't seem like enough. And the character creation; I hope you guys can make it as in depth as something like Dragon Age Inquisition and that the tattoos, hairstyle, etc can be changed anytime during the game.

I am pleased with the game-play but it could always use some polishing. :)

I'm totally down for this game, it looks amazing, the style, gameplay, characters, etc. If I had one gripe, it would be the way a few of the lines of dialogue were delivered by some of the npc's, not a huge deal, and if that's the biggest issue then this game is golden.

Love you then! Love you now!
Blown away by the walkthrough and I know you will make it even better than it already is when it's ready!
Keep going strong and don't let any negativity get in your way! We re playing your games and we are with you all the way as you are with your players!

Cheers!

When the girl is found in the bath @4:50, don't hand-hold the player/viewer with the dialog. Rather than saying "know in a minute, jacking in to biomod", just say "know in a minute", and leave it at that.

@11:57 "Dystopian city where violence and oppression are the norm", and yet, you have an elevator with shiny functional displays and a touch-screen LED for changing floors. That lift button panel should be industrial heavy-duty and able to withstand being pissed on at 2am.

Maelstrom have shit compartmentalization for handling suspect material. Take a cred-chip and use it w/o first scanning it? I thought these guys were clued up on implants etc? Yeah no. Idiots. Would have been better if there was no sign an incursion was about to take place.

Doing Militech's dirty work, I would have expected them to try and kill you after the job's done. No witnesses. Although doing that doesn't lend itself to any...future relationships. Stout needs to calm the fuck down.

Nightcity has no disabled people? no beggars? Feels like Beverly Hills after a global cotton shortage....WHERE VIOLENCE AND OPPRESSION ARE THE NORM. That girls top is simply to *die for*. Everyone has state sponsored gym memberships.

Visually and mechanically it looks promising. The dialog needs to be hardened up. Far too "chipper" imo. Everyone is so trusting in this dystopian world. Your sidekick seems to wake up on the right side of bed every day.

You know? I had fun trying to compare the actual gameplay I saw today with an Outstar's video where she tried to described the demo just by using photoshop; I enjoyed every second of it!

Even though I don't consider myself hyped (cause I try to avoid being hyped, so one still gets surprised in the end), I'm certain that I really wanna buy this game as soon as it releases on PC. (You won me with the way you handle yer costumers, CD Projekt!)

The story was interesting enough to hook my attention already from the beginning, but I wish the gameplay animations were a bit more "immersive" in some ocasions, such as when inside the elevator, I expected it to be V using her hands instead of a mouse pointer.
But going on, the world was so alive, and I did tried to find dopplegangers roaming the city (that are known to be in every game); they might be there, I understand... but I didn't see any of them! The NPCs were so diverse and it was pretty cool that some of them tried to get V's attention.
I understand that Cyberpunk 2077 is gonna be mainly a first person game, but, man... When that car's scene switched the camera to 3rd person and it opened the view to the streets and everything, it made me wonder how freaking awesome would it be to be able to do the same with combat and walking/exploring.

Thanks for showing us the gameplay, now... the release date? Please? :sneaky:(y)

[...]If I had one gripe, it would be the way a few of the lines of dialogue were delivered by some of the npc's, not a huge deal, and if that's the biggest issue then this game is golden.
I can relate to this! ^

WOOOOOOw Absolutely Epic!
She has the blades in the arms! so cool!

I love the environment, so full of life and the attention to details, amazing, and he combat is so brutal badass and bloody,
I love the smart gun!

I really hope that we can create a V similar to her and the smart gun and blades and wallrunning make it into the final version.

Too bad this is not the final version.

Keep up the good work Reds! :)

Release date?
next year? 2077?
Post automatically merged:

I hope this includes full controller support and FOV slider

Last edited:
Top Bottom