Gameplay Reveal — 48-minute walkthrough

+
First of all, bravo and well done CDPR! You guys are true pioneers and really brave to expose early gameplay to the internet.
We all appreciate your dedicated vision and hard work and will wait patiently for the amazing game.

Here are my initial, quick impressions and since there's so much great about the reveal, I'll just focus on the minor nitnoids.

1. The reveal did contain minor spoilers by the way. Yes?
2. Jackie's voice didn't immediately match his looks to me. His face definitely looks eastern Europe, Russian/Slavik to me. But his voice sounds central american.
3. There obviously is a lot of scripted scenes mixed with user actions. I wonder how user choice is affected by that. For example, if you do something different from what you are being told by the voice.
4. The camera looked a bit too much "on a rail" to me. While I don't like too much "wiggle" in a camera when running or walking, it also shouldn't be too flat. There should be some natural sway and off-angle to it if we are looking through our eyes. Doesn't always have to be horizontal either (e.g. looking around corner). Also, the start/stop of the camera movement lacked appropriate "easing in/out" to make it seem natural (like a human's movement).
5. Textures are a bit flat in places still. Diffuse makes them look like "satin".
6. The gunshot texture when the pellets hit the wall and you can see the holes/heat seems to leak over into the door space (mid air).

All for now! Great job!

Hi,

It’s been a long time. Some opinions below, focusing on negative or "improvements", in no particular order with respect to the "work in progress":

+ DIFFICULTY
++ I'd hope for a "hard-core" difficulty/setting if there's even such a thing in this game, meaning: no health auto-regen, no infinite ammo, all fights rather deadly as opposed to the demo, where it looked like a walk in the park;
++ No HUD or any pointers unless justified by implants;
++ Allows us to make stupid decisions and die because of them (attacking the corpo chick) in dialogue and just regular play;
++ But if it comes to combat, I hope that I will never again see "static" levels of enemies that remind me when my Geralt the master Witcher in super awesome armour with magical swords was defeated by a DOG just because it had a static level and wasn't killable even by dozens of grenades, magical signs and so on. THAT WAS A CRAPPY MOMENT and I never hope to see that stuff again in CDPR games;

+ IMMERSION:
++ Make the character more visible from their eyes: I'd expect to see arms and legs moving when reaching for items in game or interacting with the world (door handles, elevator buttons, etc.). This is major for me;
+++ I hope that when i look 90° down I'll see my jacket, arms and legs down there;
++ Combat gun seems to be strangely positioned, I don't quite feel it would look like that if I held it in my arms. Can this be further tweaked?
++ Combat flying numbers and health bars - I'd hope that would be optional unless justified by implants. It is immersion breaking to see that;
++ I hope there are non-combat ways of completing majority of quests or tasks in the game. Even though I come from a shooter background I usually prefer the "stealth, wits and talks" approach in aRPG games;

+ OTHER:
++ Option to turn off Motion Blur. I hate that crap since it was introduced to gaming.
++ FOV: I really hope there's an option to set this higher for people with widescreen monitors. As it currently is, it seems like perma-zoom;

Expect more as I continue re-watching this daily ;)

If the game came out now I'd buy it anyway. It's a must have for me and a planned work-holiday season once it's out. Just hoping you guys will have enough time to polish it prior to release.

All the best,

I have never in my life played a projektred game but, this is going to change when that game comes out. I going to get Cyberpunk 2077 and the whole Witcher series to show my support!

I like the world, the genre, the graphics and the gameplay but it makes me feel like GTA:2077. Or Deus ex / GTA hybrid. I don't like the jerky dialogues and " Putaaa madreee" stuff. I think a cyberpunk game should have a melancholic tone, and make a dystopian future. I don't want a story about being the new crime lord of 2077. I think we all want deus ex/blade runner mood in the game. Serious dialogues and not Puta madre cyka blyat and funny stuff. We need a good story with conspiracies. Not the gta crimeboss 2077.

I hope the difficulty can be increased when it comes to gun damage. I don't want to have to shoot someone five times for them to go down. Likewise, someone shooting at you should make you dive for cover because their bullets do real damage.

The whole game looks incredible already. So looking forward to this.

Does Victor look familiar to anyone else?

victorrollins.jpg

Thank you CDPR for all your hard work. Most of what I saw was quite amazing and can see how all those peopel that saw it behind the scenes were very impressed.

However, there are some serious drawbacks:

1. Combat.
- character floated about rather than moved about. Just from the way it all looks, I would perhaps take more inspiration from something like Escape from Tarkov.
Essentially, make movement meaningful and...feel/seen like actually movement.
-Gun handling. - Little to no recoil, and the character held, moved around with the gun like it was welded in place.
-Guns - bullet ricochet and auto track may be great in movies, books etc...but they are a boring easy mode in a video game. Very over powered and not very engaging to fight with.

2. Cyber abilities:
See through walls: C'mon, really??? Please do not go down this casual tropey route. If we have to do something like that,
then how about you getting the position of baddies in the area based off of the surveilance cameras that see them - to which you have hacked into. If they are in camera view, you see them, if they are not , you don't.

Another option:
And/or add/replace x-ray vision with limited range thermal imaging - that does not see through walls, but will give you an indication if there is possibly a warm object nearby/behind a corner. Anti thermal mechanics/robotics can be used to counter/surprise in such instances.
Please no tropey easy modes.

Again, thank you for all your hard work.

I like the world, the genre, the graphics and the gameplay but it makes me feel like GTA:2077. Or Deus ex / GTA hybrid. I don't like the jerky dialogues and " Putaaa madreee" stuff. I think a cyberpunk game should have a melancholic tone, and make a dystopian future. I don't want a story about being the new crime lord of 2077. I think we all want deus ex/blade runner mood in the game. Serious dialogues and not Puta madre cyka blyat and funny stuff. We need a good story with conspiracies. Not the gta crimeboss 2077.
I agree that Cyberpunk 2077 could benefit from a melancholic tone, and a dystopian future.
I had no major problems with Jackie lines but, since we brought GTA to the table, I have to say how hard it was for me to like its story; It felt so much of a parody that I couldn't take it serious. Done saying that, I think Cyberpunk 2077 shouldn't be all emo, but it could benefit a lot from emocional moments. (And I believe we'll see 'em; TW games had a good share of them (y))

I agree that Cyberpunk 2077 could benefit from a melancholic tone, and a dystopian future.
I had no major problems with Jackie lines but, since we brought GTA to the table, I have to say how hard it was for me to like its story; It felt so much of a parody that I couldn't take it serious. Done saying that, I think Cyberpunk 2077 shouldn't be all emo, but it could benefit a lot from emocional moments. (And I believe we'll see 'em; TW games had a good share of them (y))

CDPR will probably have a lot of different types of themes and story telling, give it time.
TW3 had comedy, romance, conspiracy, suspense and action. thats more how real life is.
personally i don't want just a 'dark blade runner' world all the time, i want contrast.
if im playing a game for 70-80 hours id like variety. but saying that it did seem dark with the scavs/maelstrom quests, so i think we'll get what you're looking for.

I really liked your light cyberpunk style. It feels realistic. I'd prefer to have realistic experience like far future with cyber technologies at day and neon cyberpunk like Blade Runner style at night. It would be amazing. I like huge buildings all around the city very much. If there's a lot of vertical gameplay, it'd be awesome.
Right now, I see the only big problem - driving. In the trailer it was very boring, with no other cars almost, without something interesting.

Watch 48 minutes of official 2018 gameplay from Cyberpunk 2077 and get a glimpse into the world of perils and possibilities that is Night City — the most vibrant and dangerous metropolis of the future.

This video contains work-in-progress gameplay — everything you see is potentially subject to change.

Simply amazing. No other words. This is one of those games that could very well be THE favourite game for millions of people.

agree that Cyberpunk 2077 could benefit from a melancholic tone, and a dystopian future.
I saw a reddit post talking about how V looked kind of sad, even a little bit guilty in the apartment scene. I think there might be something to it, some interesting story arc, possibly touching a difficult topic. Would love to see that in the game.

The game looks very promising!

Now it got me wondering:

long version:
In that scene where V is getting up of the bed, I was thinking that I would like V to look as human as possible throughout all the game. Doesn't mean the wouldn't do some upgrades, just that the upgrades could be under the skin mostly, or at least detachable so that at the end of the day she can remove them, look at her reflection in the mirror and remember herself that she remains human.

short version:
Will I be able to complete the game and have V looking as human on the outside as she looks in the beginning of the game?

Hmm so here are my two cents, just another two lost in the crowd for the spreadsheet ;p :
- the fights are generic : kinda painful when LUq is in the team; its not CS but feels like accuracy isn't important (hs??). felt like sponge vs sponge. As well i believe jackie is absolutely useless: why not have him call for V if hes here ? Or actually shoot ? It just feels like hes reacting to what's happening on the player's screen and I have eyes i can see the guy is closing the door and shooting through wall (wallbang btw noice ;p). It dont need to be OP but at least make it like the sidekick is part of the fight not enjoying his/her popcorn while watching ? And if u *kinda* give calls u can make fights more deadly. don't think this is gonna change sadly...

- The city is filled but it looks bland sometimes through the NPC animations. Like at the crossing too many begin walking at the same time with same foot(!!!).And a lot walk at the same speed same amplitude (same same same make it lifeless). Just making some have the other foot strong would do a lot; maybe i'm asking for too much sry not a dev

- The atmosphere looked great; voice acting was nice, except for jackie using too much spanish slang (imo); game is mature (no more kids these days); shards are cool ; anesthesics still on V's arm when she talks to the corpo ???

we bitch and moan but thats cause we care ? lol
Ty that was awesome btw glhf finishing it and looking forward to more of it.
edit:seen interview by mike pondsmith where he says he'd have done same things so hmm.... my bad

Last edited:
My biggest gripes similar to The Witcher 3, is the combat.

It seemed like you're pretty much on autopilot when in combat like most FPS story modes

Some Suggestions:

1.) Maybe Survival horror game mechanics where weapons or ammo are more scarce or expensive, meaning you have to plan your shots

2.) Less inventory space for weapons, i think the demo had the character have four weapons at a time. i think this is too much and allowing the player to have one, or two(one primary and secondary), would make your choice of weapon and prep really matter and players could develop their favourite gun(s).

3.)Also i don't know if this has actually changed. But i think failing a quest or dying should have some sort of consequence, when i played The Witcher 3 i honestly wasn't fond of some moments simply because i knew it was impossible for me to fail. it makes it boring when there's nothing to lose from dying. the only games i've played that solve this are soulslike games because you know you might lose progression and be worse off from making a bad decision.I know it may seem like taking away progression could ruin an experience but in a lot of cases i found it more immersive.

3.5) if anything, there could be an 'Ironman mode' which players have to opt into. This could have consequences that are significant enough to make the player nervous about being hostile and actually produce some tension in battle.

Hey guys!!!
What's up, I'm new here and have a few questions/ideas regarding the gameplay trailer:
1. Will we be able to move our weapon icon and ammo count to the right side of the screen instead of left?
2. Will we be able to remove the dmg number effect on enemies?
3. Will we be able to listen to music we want while in the car or on missions?
4. Will we be able to remove tutorial tips that pop out on the screen and also remove the crosshair?
BTW the game looks awesome, cant wait for it to come out!

Last edited:
Top Bottom