Gameplay Stream Announcement

+

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED

Hey everyone!

We’re in Cologne, Germany, and gamescom is in full swing — we’ve already met with so many wonderful community members! For those of you at home — wherever home is — well, we’re not forgetting about you either.

Next week we’re going to host a stream during which we’ll unveil a 15-minute edit of what we’ve been showing to journalists and gamers here at gamescom, and then interview devs from the studio for additional information on what you just saw. Expect a lot of insight into the thought process behind creative decisions, information about Pacifica—one of the districts of Night City—and TONS of stuff on playstyles you’ll be able to adopt when you launch Cyberpunk 2077 next year.

This stream will be available for everyone to watch, so all of you, wherever you are, have a chance to feel a bit of gamescom — or any other trade show — at home. Hosting the entire thing will be our very own Hollie Bennett, our UK head of comms, and the dev line up will include some familiar faces you know and like.

There’s one additional announcement we have for you: we initially planned to showcase gameplay at PAX West, but there’s been a change of plans, and we’ll be streaming from Warsaw. The PAX cosplay contest is still on; we just won’t have the dev panel on-site this time around. There are many logistical (and some creative) reasons behind this decision, but the most important thing we want to say is that we’re sorry for the change of plans. We know that many of you waited to meet us face to face in Seattle and it bums us out that we won’t be able to see each other there.

Watch the stream August 30th, 8PM CEST (11AM PT) on the official CD PROJEKT RED Twitch and Mixer channels.

That's cool, as long as I hear from development progress and interviews ; you're working hard on making the game :cool:

my 2 cents: we'll see only one approach (no switch between different builds), little to none melee combat or progression system. No meeting with Bridgitte and netrunning. Maybe not even TPP driving since they say it doesn't look right. 15 minutes.

Knowing CDPR, they already heard much feedback for the E3 2019-closed-doors-demo and are working on the most criticized stuff, so they don't want to show material that is going to be crticized again for something they are already changing.
If I'm right, we can actually be pretty sure, that whatever will be left for those 15 minutes, will be actually in the full game later on.

This is why we can't have nice things. They've already shown 45 minutes of gameplay, gave a bunch of interviews and you guys are still complaining beacause this SECOND gameplay video is only 15min? C'mon guys, we are better than this. And thanks CDPR for always giving us more content ;)

I wonder how many spoilers there were to cut it down from 50-45mins to 15mins! I'm just glad to see something so I'm not too bothered, but I'm really curious why they only noticed it so close to PAX (where they also won't be showing it anymore!). It's probably super secret right now but I hope they tell us later on.

This is why we can't have nice things. They've already shown 45 minutes of gameplay, gave a bunch of interviews and you guys are still complaining beacause this SECOND gameplay video is only 15min? C'mon guys, we are better than this. And thanks CDPR for always giving us more content ;)

Thats not because its only 15min of gameplay. If they just announced we get 15 minutes of gameplay next week, everyone would be happy. But they also said the full gameplay demo from E3 will NOT be shown to the public, at all. Not next week, and not during PAX west. The 15min replaces the full demo that was announced to be released to the public during PAX, and now they went back on that announcement. Its not like everyone only gets 15min. At E3 and now at gamescom, the full demo was shown - so it exists and is actively withheld.

They may have good reasons for that - but they should at least post them and not pretend the 15min demo is the second coming of christ or that the full demo was never announced. Right now i'm a bit disappointed with this move - not just by the fact, but also by the lack of transparency and the reason given ("To avoid spoilers" - ignoring hundreads of videos and articles discussing the storybeats of the E3 demo).

Last edited:
dont worry, they hear many reviews and feedbacks so they change things each month, and dont want to show everything to get massive disappontment flood, they know some things must be improved. Better to wait. It is still 8 months to go..

Top Bottom