Gameplay Stream Announcement

+
'Quality over quantity' may apply here. 15 minutes can contain more and better info than an hour if successfully condensed (filtered out less important, "filler" content).
(Sorry if I'm repeating what has already been said. I just threw in my take on the subject.)

I've been removed a post cause it was too harsh (and I apologize).
But yeah, to get to the point...
I'm scared its a "Controlled quality" and that's basicaly all we ever had untill yet.
CDPR spams us with art-direction (looks good, but that doesn't make a game...).

They avoid EVERY direct questions about direct gameplay (how skills works on the game etc...), or just half reply and "well, it could change", and then tells us stuff we don't really care (like romance, being able to buy sneakers and stuff like that).

A 1hour long (mostly, remember guys, it's the LAST E3, I mean, it could be the last chance we'd have any footage before release, see what I mean?), let you see and FEEL the game, how the crowd works, etc...
A real taste on the game.

Here, with all that "Controled" quality...
I'm scared we'd have a "Mc Donald" thing.
You know, when you stop at the drive-in, the burger on the picture looks juicy and tasty but when you have it, you're like "Ewww.... Well it's kinda like it looked like, but that's not worth the wait and the price".
So, I'm not angry because the video will be shorter, I don't care about quantity, more about the honnesty of what they're doing.

Nothing tells us CDPR aren't "lying" (not directly, but you see what I mean) just to hype a game they know won't live up to the hype they created and stuck themselves in a loop.
They tells nothing and bait us with things that could be off from what they'll deliver.

Just like in the old days, when they packed the best level in the Demo and when you had the full game, you felt like you had just as fun for free.

So if they're cutting the demo for spoilers, here's a proposition: show 15 minutes of the mission and gameplay, and then 15 minutes of open-world exploration. Because we still have no concept of how open world will work. Something Like this video for TW3:

My suspicion is the reason they're showing and talking about the same stuff over the past year is that much of the game still isn't far enough along to talk about, which means a possible delay.

So if they're cutting the demo for spoilers, here's a proposition: show 15 minutes of the mission and gameplay, and then 15 minutes of open-world exploration. Because we still have no concept of how open world will work. Something Like this video for TW3:

My suspicion is the reason they're showing and talking about the same stuff over the past year is that much of the game still isn't far enough along to talk about, which means a possible delay.
Maybe it is the optimist in me but they have been so tight lipped about the release date until last June with an "until it's ready" stance. I doubt they would move the release date now that the announced it.

On the 15 min thing, I think it's ok length. True like many I expected 50 mins but in the end of the day it is quite rare to get a demo like that unless it is paradox strategy where there is no story to spoil just systems to display. I would be more concerned if the pulled the demo all together and just gave another trailer.

People are in panic mode. I think 15 minutes is enough to give the idea of what's in the game.

As for controlled quality - CDPR didn't cheat with Witcher 3. What was in the gameplay demo ended up being really close to the final product.

Cutting down the length because of spoilers sounds kind of weird. I'd think if you were planning to showcase game play with a demo your starting point would be to find a way to highlight the important bits without spoiling anything. Slapping game play footage together and deciding at the last minute ~65% of it contains spoilers comes off as terribly inefficient.

On the other hand....

Jesus Christ, I'm also a little dissapointed that the gameplay is just 15 minutes, but some of you are greatly exagerating and overreacting.

^
The above feels like it's on point. The world isn't going to plunge into chaos or explode over this ordeal. Not yet anyway. We still have a bit over 57 years to get there :).

'Quality over quantity' may apply here. 15 minutes can contain more and better info than an hour if successfully condensed (filtered out less important, "filler" content).
(Sorry if I'm repeating what has already been said. I just threw in my take on the subject.)

Well said.

Oh no, it’s definitely not. They’re not the only studio to do that. Even Obsidian , who’ve tended to be one of the more open studios has done (and does) it. Already back when New Vegas was a thing, the games director was very open and chatty about his design goals and ideas anywhere but their own forums.

It just feels a bit strange that it is done like that. You’d think that the company’s own board would be one of the best places to be when it comes to information and interaction, but instead it seems to be the one that’s kept the most in the dark.
My guess is that the forums are the least-visited, thus disseminating information here is inefficient. Besides, information usually makes its way to us anyway.

Nonetheless, I'd certainly appreciate more direct 1-on-1s here, but oh well.

One of the local gaming newspaper had 2 journalists there, they viewed it and had a short message. They were totally washed away and were left speechless BUT still have no idea what exactly is the final product going to be. They confirmed that enemies are not bullet sponges, which is a big relief.

Especially if it's followed by dev interviews/commentary, that were also announced. Let's hope there will be some interesting questions/info shared other than what was already mentioned in E3/Gamescom interviews.

I'm hoping that we can see some of the tank solo that was shown as that's what I'm most interested in playing. 15 minutes really doesn't sound like a lot of time to show both but maybe some condensed clips from both?

I dunno I'm going to try and remain optimistic.

I agree, but is it worth waiting over 2 months for just 15 minutes of gameplay? It's frustrating, but in the end at least we have more gameplay.

It depends. To some people, yes. To others, no. I fall under the latter, and I do agree with you on it being frustrating. We didn't even wait for 2 months. We waited for an entire year and we get only 15 minutes.

I guess I shouldn't be so ungrateful, after all, it is gameplay.

Any thoughts of what we're not going to see?

My guess is we're not going to see the Boss fight (it's been said that melee combat doesn't look that good).
Our interactions with Brigitte I think will be missing too, that's where the story spoilers are (unfortunately we already know them).
Another thing that might be missing is us walking around Pacifica with Placide or the conversation in his office (some say that Silverhand's image in that scene looks unfinished).

I do hope that there will be enough time to see both gameplay approaches inside the Grand Imperial Mall.

Let me make sure I got this straight: after all this time CDPR noticed, when it's getting very close to public release, that the 50 minutes demo is spoiling too much? So much, in fact, that it needed to be cutted for 2/3 of its original lenght? I think they could have noticed this much earlier, this or maybe they've something to hide. Let me be clear: I love CDPR, really, they managed to rocket the hype over the stratosphere, but from now on they've to live up those unrealistic and off the charts expectations and maybe they are not quite ready, and probably never will be.

I love coming to these forums after CDPR's announcements. Always a ton of outrage over nothing, followed by conspiracy theories. You guys never disappoint :howdy:
Cutting out the parts that got a poor reception at E3 and Gamescom is a conspiracy? That makes perfect sense to me. And it took the writers months to decide, wait a minute, there might be spoilers in there...lol, I mean come on.

Jesus Christ, I'm also a little dissapointed that the gameplay is just 15 minutes, but some of you are greatly exagerating and overreacting.
I love coming to these forums after CDPR's announcements. Always a ton of outrage over nothing, followed by conspiracy theories. You guys never disappoint :howdy:

Yup. Meanwhile, some of us are dealing with real problems.

charlieb.jpg

Top Bottom