Gameplay Stream Announcement

+

Guest 4211861

so it really is 15 minutes?
Majima.jpg

edit: sorry, it's 4:20.

Last edited by a moderator:
This whole thread is one huge stupid backlash over nothing. So we are not getting the full 50 minutes? so what? as long as they don't start backing on their promise regarding no microtransactions, exclusivity and other bullshit happening in the industry right now, it's all good.
I am pretty sure we will eventually see too much of the game before the full release anyway.

This whole thread is one huge stupid backlash over nothing.

Of course it is. Quantity over quality.

What it should have been is a series of pleas on packing that 15 minutes with as much information and yet unseen footage and explanation commentary as possible.

If it was up to me, if I was the one making this video, I’d take those ”news” bits from the demo, cut them into minute or two clips and have them meticulously explained - the workings and ideas behind them - by the lead and corresponding designers. AND making it absolutely clear that it is not finalised, if it still is a work in progress - in that case it is good to go with ”Our idea with this feature was that...” or ”what we’re trying to achieve here” -type of commentary.

The new game footage might remain at approx 15 minutes, but the video itself might well end up being 30-40 minutes long with potentially much more and more indepth info than even the 50 minute clip (where a lot of stuff is just normal gameplay as we’ve already seen).

I know this might not be 100% on topic but since we're talking about gameplay here and what we have or have not seen yet from the game...

I have for many months now this feeling that CP2077 might be two separate games in one.

Let me explain...
I feel that the open world portion of the game might have different mechanics from a main mission firefight.
So far we've been presented with 3 game battles....1. Scavengers, 2.Moelstrom, 3.Animals.

All of them were indoor "dungeon" battles.
During these battles we could use all the weapons, cyberware and skills availiable to our character build.

Can we do the same in the open world while not on a mission?
I'll give you some examples...

Can we hack into a random Npc on the street using our nanowire or our wrist cable?
Can we use our double jump to reach a ledge or a rooftop of a low building?
Can we throw a grenade on a square full of residents and vendors?
Can we use our mantis blades to climb a wall on the outside of a building?

In other words...
Is this a title that features a really open world gameplay or is this open world an illusion?

The gameplay showed at Gamescom and E3 was 30 minutes long, not 48. The 48 minutes gameplay was last year's. So a 15 minute edit isn't that bad. Many think they're cutting dialogue and story elements related to spoilers since the footage comes from the middle of the game. While many journalists have written about the footage in detail, the cyberpunk subreddit is notorious for picking apart photos and footage to find details from the story. CDPR might be worried about certain details being revealed related to spoilers.
People need to stop being so quick to complain. Things change. CDPR didn't lie to us. They said they'd show us the footage and they are.

While many journalists have written about the footage in detail, the cyberpunk subreddit is notorious for picking apart photos and footage to find details from the story. CDPR might be worried about certain details being revealed related to spoilers.
People need to stop being so quick to complain. Things change. CDPR didn't lie to us. They said they'd show us the footage and they are.

Again, I find this very difficult to believe. I think it's more likely they decided to spread out the reveals to keep up interest. Honestly, if that is the reason it's okay. It's really not that big of a deal. Strictly speaking, if it is the reason claiming it was to avoid spoilers isn't actually dishonest (could easily be argued they don't want to spoil it). It would be a clever way to phrase the reasoning behind it, in fact :).

The gameplay showed at Gamescom and E3 was 30 minutes long, not 48. The 48 minutes gameplay was last year's. So a 15 minute edit isn't that bad. Many think they're cutting dialogue and story elements related to spoilers since the footage comes from the middle of the game. While many journalists have written about the footage in detail, the cyberpunk subreddit is notorious for picking apart photos and footage to find details from the story. CDPR might be worried about certain details being revealed related to spoilers.

At E3 2019 the full demo that was shown to the press and youtubers was 50min.

The visitors were shown a shorter version.

Is this a title that features a really open world gameplay or is this open world an illusion?
CDPR said you can attack most NPCs in the open world other than children and story essential NPCs.

Also, we saw in the 2018 demo the scavengers attack V on the street after the mission at the start. I think there will definitely be open world encounters that exist as consequences from play actions in other places ... and probably some seemingly random (meaning they narratively happen without stimulus from V, not that they are procedural in nature).

TLDR; no, I do not think the open world will be an illusion any more than TW3 was.

CDPR said you can attack most NPCs in the open world other than children and story essential NPCs.

Also, we saw in the 2018 demo the scavengers attack V on the street after the mission at the start. I think there will definitely be open world encounters that exist as consequences from play actions in other places ... and probably some seemingly random (meaning they narratively happen without stimulus from V, not that they are procedural in nature).

TLDR; no, I do not think the open world will be an illusion any more than TW3 was.

The scavenger's attack sequence is a scripted event in which the game becomes a rail shooter.
I don't think we are able to do anything else than aim and shoot.

Also today I found out from an interview that we cannot use the mantis blades climbing outside of specific areas.
I'm not saying this is necessarily bad, it just shows that the game won't let us use some of our powers when not in a predefined battle arena/building/dungeon.

So, the question is what else we cannot do outside of a predefined mission area.

Yup. i also read that Cops arent in every district. Some districts are really fun, you can really do whatever you want, kinda lawless.

Yup. i also read that Cops arent in every district. Some districts are really fun, you can really do whatever you want, kinda lawless.

Nope, not lawless, those regions are fall under the local gangs. So if you stole a car in the sight of the gangs... well, probably you got a nasty hail of bullets in your neck - without any verbal warning... :)

Its probably at least in part due to the hacking minigame. CDPR doesnt want people to figure out how to master it before the game comes out.

Guest 4211861

I hope they show some more guns, because so far we've seen very few models:
  • .45 auto
  • V's spray gun
  • smart rifle
  • some SMG
  • corp rifle
  • LMG
  • double shotgun
  • pump shotgun
That's not a lot.

Top Bottom