Games against pre-selected decks

+
Games against pre-selected decks

I had an idea for a game mode addition to casual that might be fun. Maybe someone has already suggested it but I couldn't see it going back a few pages.

What if you had an option to allow your opponent to see which type of deck or even which leader you have selected? It would work like this, when selecting the deck you'd have the option to select "Show opponent type" or "Show opponent leader" Your opponent would then have the option of being able to reselect which deck they are using if they wanted to. If you still managed to beat them, you'd gain an extra reward (maybe +5 ore if they knew you were monsters and +10 if they knew you were Dagon or something). If both players had opted to reveal their decks, the game would simply be a standard casual match.

I like the idea because it allows a player to learn the vulnerabilities of any decks they are experimenting with a little quicker. Anyone they're up against would be playing a better deck for dealing with that kind of enemy.

This is a fun idea, I don't think the extra reward would work too well, players would flock to this type of matchmaking just to get extra rewards.
But a lobby with a timer and choose your deck, click ready, that could be fun.

If this is never implemented - alternatively you play with a friend or friends and talk it over before you jump in. (haven't played with a friend yet, unsure what that mode looks like)

No rewards when you play with a friend. Also you have to have friends, some of us don't.

Seriously though just make the extra rewards 1 or 2 pieces of ore if they think it would make the game unbalanced. I tend to think it wouldn't though because sure you get extra rewards if you win, but you'd lose more often because you're making the game harder on yourself.

You can already choose the deck you will play against vs AI. They give nice rewards so it isn't waste of time to play against them.

soapdx;n9041820 said:
If this is never implemented - alternatively you play with a friend or friends and talk it over before you jump in. (haven't played with a friend yet, unsure what that mode looks like)
Pretty much the same as casual without reward. First one to pick deck is told to wait for opponent to pick own deck.

Top Bottom