Games Convention 2007.

+
Games Convention 2007.

It was the first time “The Witcher” has been so openly shown to such a wide audience of gamers – and not only journalists – at the Games Convention in Leipzig. We’ve had a sizeable cinema –
housing 70 visitors at a time – built at our joint massive stand with ATARI, where we continuously play the full length intro to the game by Tomek Baginski. We’ve also had a dozen computer stations
installed with a recent beta of the game, where players can have a taste of the prologue or the first two acts from “The Witcher”. Amongst the crowd of gamers trying to fight their way to one of the
twelve keyboards, and the always massive line of people waiting to view the intro vid, you can come across Geralt lunging about at visitors or surrounded by two stunning booth babes. After each
viewing of the intro we pamper our visitors by giving away truckloads of Witcher goodies and gadgets. And despite the fact that we’ve shipped over two tonnes of these to Leipzig, we’re already
running low on supplies. We dare say that “The Witcher” is one of, if not the most visible game at this year’s convention. Not only our public stand is always swamped with old and new fans,
but CDPR’s booth in the business centre is constantly crowded with the industry’s journalists.
Keep your eyes peeled for our next news about the Convention, as well as the long awaited gameplay from the game, which had its premiere at the GC.
Check out the pictures!

Congratulation, You made it! But I tell you, even if this game will not become "Best PC Game" at GC (but will not be the case) it will be my number 1 game! Good Job!

is there any official source?the winners of "Best of GC" are found and "The Witcher" was NOT nominatedhere you can see the 6 nominations in the PC-category:http://www.gc-blog.de/2007/08/22/best-of-gc-die-nominierten/and you see no witcheri hope there is another award...

:( you linked that picture:http://www.thewitcher.com/community/popup.php?t=image&id=3209&c=othersthe word over the poster "Einreichungen" not means nomination, the games you see in this picture was suggested by there publishers for nominationthey nominated 6 games, but the witcher was not selected for nomination, so the the witcher will not be the "Best PC Game", that´s Crysis

With how this game is looking so far, and all the hard work everybody has put into it, you deserve all the recognition! Congrats!!!My "Last wish" was that it was October 26th already! ;)Oh, and I would not mind one of those maps, either...or one of those "Booth babes" for that matter! ;DCongratulations again!

This game looks phenomenal! I have it on pre-order. I can't wait to play it - thank you for all your continuous hard work :D

It's pretty busy at the Witcher keyboards. Everyone wants to try it though it's quite hot and sticky cos it's sunny weather overhere. Poeple line up in quite a long row to see the Witcher Trailer.I think the locaction of the Witcher booth is perfect. It's right at the main entrance, so all poeple will notice The Witcher.@Moridin yep you are right, "Einreichunung" doesn't mean nomination ;D but the decision for nomination hasn't been made yet? ^..^

@Petrayou are german, just read this 2 links:http://www.gc-blog.de/2007/08/22/best-of-gc-die-nominierten/http://www.gc-blog.de/2007/08/25/das-beste-der-gc-2/some things translated into english:
Best of GC: The Nominated...In the category of PC:- Sam&Max Season One (JoWood Productions Software AG)- StarCraft 2 (Vivendi Games Deutschland GmbH)- Hellgate: London (Electronic Arts GmbH)- Die Siedler Aufstieg eines Königsreichs (Ubisoft GmbH)- Crysis (Electronic Arts GmbH)- Enemy Territory Quake Wars (ACTIVISION Deutschland GmbH)
The Best of GC...Crysis in the category of PC
so it´s hard, but the winner is´nt the witcher and the witcher was not nominated :(

I'm back... and exhausted ^..^Moridin, yes you're right. The results are already announced on large posters in Hall 4. Crysis made as best PC Game :'(I didn't read your mentioned links 'cos actually I'm supposed to write my articles as soon as I got my infos from the devs and publishers instead of surfing the net and spamming in forums ;DBut I guess the GC was a success for TW anyway. Otherwise there wouldn't be so many web reviews from the international press right now when the GC is still in full swing :)

Yep, this GC made people realize what they were missing without knowing TW :pAnd eventhough TW didn't "win", it's a huge step anyway, because a lot of website \ mag write about it (even one of the "bigger" french game related website made a preview of it =). And considering that the game is (almost) unknown in France, it's huge. And I assume it's the same everywhere.)At least, now people know TW, and we're gonna get less "WTF is The Witcher?" when we talk about it -.-Congratulations anyway guys !

until now it´s more than sad in germanythere are 2 very popular game magazines in germanyone of them released a news about 6 new screens during the GC, and then nothinga lot of games got more than 3 and a couple more than 5 news during GC on each of these magazinesi don´t understand this :(

beacuse in germany don't like The Witcher, cause they know that anyway it will kick Gothic's ass :)but TW needs a lot of polishing and fixing and i'm worried that developers won't get on time 'till permiere of the game with all those bugs we can see on movies from gameplays

Well, I'll be..!!! You actually made some news from the GC :) And foto's! :)But news like these should pop up on the site every second day, not once per month... It's not like something big should happen (like nominations). Just anything unusual. Keep in touch with your fans ;)

Hax said:
beacuse in germany don't like The Witcher, cause they know that anyway it will kick Gothic's ass :)
That's actully not true:) We had dozens of German journalists and fans both on Atari and CD Projekt booths and none of them was like: "I don't like The Witcher because of Gothic":)

Yeah, beacuse another dozens of German journalists and players didn't even bother to visit your booths :p (Those were "I don't like The Witcher beacuse of Gothic... and actually even Crysis is better RPG than Witcher!" ^^)

Yes Dziadu I confirm that, btw... it was a pleasure to meet you. At least one of the Witcher board I met in reallife ;) Atari / CDPR had a big competetion at hall 2, only a few booths away there was Blizzard introducing playable versions of StarCraft2 and WoW's Lichking. The Blizz booth was crowded all the time. But even that magnet field could withdraw poeple who wanted to try TW.If there had been periodes when the TW booth was deserted the only reason for that was the crappy "gamesload" or "loadgames" booth just on the opposite of the TW booth. I don't know what that booth was about but I know it was loud loud and unbearable lould. Those geeks apperently had the misleading idea "the louder we are the better we are" ::) I don't mean loud music but squawking "free this free that, let's dance, let's jump... (let's make fools of ourself)" :p

Top Bottom