Gamescom 2019 Forum Q&A!

+
1. How does loot and quest rewards work?

Witcher 3 had a lot of same looking armors and swords that just had different stats, which in my opinion made exploring not so rewarding. Also for the most part there was no need to search for other items if you had Witcher gear. This was further affected by some loot being under-leveled because of how scaling worked(Crach's family sword comes to mind). How are you planning to improve this aspect in Cyberpunk?

2. How much freedom does the player have outside cut-scenes and dialogue choices in a quest?

Take the Militech meet-up from 2018 demo as an example. You see Jackie and V scouting the agent from the top, can you shoot them without even talking to them? Or can you only start the fight after selecting a particular dialogue. How much can a player affect the quest without starting dialogues or cut-scenes?

3. Some question about melee builds.

Can you stick to melee only build throughout the game? Or are you forced to carry some type of gun for cut-scenes or story reasons. For example - there often was option to pull out the gun during dialogue, what happens if we have don't have gun with us?

What other major characters or side characters will be in the game? Photos of the new characters?

You're going to see the public demo several days before we do, please post a detailed opinion about it.

Great stuff, guys! Keep 'em coming.

You're going to see the public demo several days before we do, please post a detailed opinion about it.

Thank you in advance if you do manage land some nice questions, here are mine.

Similarly, like one person above I wonder if a full melee weapon gameplay is available, and in a scene with Royce for example where a person pulled a gun if I have a sword can I pull out a sword and put it on their neck instead for intimidation purposes?

Also, I'd enjoy knowing if having a character becoming sort of a cybernetic ninja, which I heard was a thing. Will it affect the NPC"s that interact with you as well, i.e they will acknowledge that you're some sort of a ninja type of character and wielding a sword or will it be fairly similar if my character had some other focused expertise.

Since skills will be evolving similar akin to GTA San Andreas, where, if you do more certain things you'll gradually become better at it. Will that also includes some sort of sleep/eating habits. Can your character become fat or sleep impaired?

Is it possible to use a melee weapon, like a katana on a bike? It's kind of a weird one, but I thought about that scene in John Wick where he was chased on bikes by dudes who had katanas. I presume that it will be limited to using guns but how badass could it be to fight someone with a sword or deflect bullets whilst driving.

And one more question, if I decide to be a psycho and drive through crowds of people in a buzzing busy city as I drive on high speed under the influence of some futuristic drugs and such. What sort of implications will it have on my story, I am aware that there will be different sort of individuals that come after me depending on the district I am doing this sort of thing, but will it have some other effects on the overall story or will it be more like GTA where if you get busted/wasted you just respawn at a hospital/cop station with a bit of money missing/ammo missing.

How much players will be punished for playing fatal/not fatal way.
Can I be a "good" guy, who kills bad guys? I mean if i'd kill my enemy, would I still good?
Also, how much story depends on your playstyle (netrunner, solo, etc.)

How much players will be punished for playing fatal/not fatal way.
Can I be a "good" guy, who kills bad guys? I mean if i'd kill my enemy, would I still good?
Also, how much story depends on your playstyle (netrunner, solo, etc.)

Cyberpunk 2077 is all about saving yourself, so you gotta do what you gotta do kind of game. Sounds kinda fun to me, sometimes the decision you do arent nice. Yeah, the game tries to put you into tight spot, sounds fun to me, tighter the better.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk 2077 is all about saving yourself, so you gotta do what you gotta do kind of game. Sounds kinda fun to me, sometimes the decision you do arent nice. Yeah, the game tries to put you into tight spot, sounds fun to me, tighter the better.
Yup, but Deus EX is cyberpunk game too, but better to play in it not fatal way, because you receive more exp a npcs treat you nicer.

Will it support nvidia freestyle?
Post automatically merged:

Deus Ex is more dark sci-fi to me.
Also thy just can do not fatal way is more rewarding. Lack of reward is a punishment too.

Last edited:
1) If I start a NG+, will the missions scale to my current level? For example, in the Witcher 3, you import a lvl 50 Geralt. White Orchard now has lvl 50 quest requirements.

I thought this was incredibly dumb, as it defeats the purpose of NG+

2) Can I turn on enemy scaling so that ALL enemies are at my level? I dont just want to bring lower enemies up, but also want to bring higher enemies down.

Bullet sponges are terrible design.

3) Next gen Xbox is supposed to utilize technology like ray tracing. Will Cyberpunk 2077 for consoles make full use of that?

Last edited:
Which is ultimately bad game design.
Sorry, Kinley. Just realized what thread this was. Spoilered the OT stuff below.

In the meantime, another question:

We know we can't pilot boats or aerodynes at the moment, and that's understandable. However, is this something they're open to in future DLC? Perhaps if they add a new zone/area where it's allowed? In theory, this should let them build the area with such vehicles in mind. Think a Blood & Wine-like location.

Why is that bad game design? Should being a murderous psychopath lead to NPCs being nicer to you? o_O Which type of neighbor would you prefer to have? Which type of friend, business partner, or ally? One who could backstab you at a moments notice while gleefully slaughtering your unborn children, or one that doesn't do those things?

There are exceptions to every rule, of course. You will find some crime bosses/overlords/bad guys in general who respect you for your pragmatism or general evil decisions (not that killing is always evil).

The XP thing I will concede, though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom