Gamespot made a bullshot article.

+
Gamespot made a bullshot article.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-xbox-one-720p-footage-leaks/1100-6427234/

So basically, there's all kinds of things wrong with this article. It's a console article about the witcher 3 xbox version. You should check it out really quickly first before you continue reading this as it makes my nexts points oh so much better....

...which is that they slapped a 1080p 60fps PC gameplay video with someone using an xbox controller right in the middle of the damn article. If that ain't false advertising I don't know what is. The xbox gameplay, which... lmao... is stream-leaked and captured in 720p at 30fps, can only be viewed from the vgleak links in the article that you need to click on.

I just.... there's so many things wrong here.

1. The actual 720p captured videos of leaked xbox gameplay is spoiler-free and just the guy looking at foliage or swimming, but its still leaked footage.
2. There's a 1080p 60fps PC gameplay video slapped dead center in an article about XBOX.
3. This is basically false advertising to a degree, and this article is just so full of misleading crap that I find it slightly disgusting.
4. The title of the article itself: Witcher 3 Xbox One 720p Footage Leaks <--- almost makes it seem like the xbox runs it on 720p, not 900p lol. There's a lot of really mad xbox people commenting because of that as well.

I'm a pc gamer btw and don't own a console, I just find this crap disturbing. The last thing CDPR needs right now is crap like this.

Last edited:
I disagree.

The videos are leaked, and its announced at all times in the most clear way.

The 1080p footage is simply Gamespot footage from the site, its what they always do, when there's an article about a game they accompany that with some other recent important news about said game, and a video from one of it too. Plus yes the article is about xbox, and CDPR has never released xbox gameplay before, wtf do you want them to post?.

I didnt thought 720p referred to the console resolution at all.

If you got THAT misled by the article its your fault. The only thing I might agree with is that the video is in the middle of the article, but its called something else entirely and even in its title it says 1080p/60fps, so its beyond obvious its their own footage and not the leaked one.

its a xbox article there's no reason a PC gameplay video should be in it at all. Period. Let alone slapped dead center in it.

Most people don't read this stuff, they just click on the video or think xbox runs it in 720p. Sad, but true. The comments under the article speak for themselves regarding that....

Last edited:
its a xbox article there's no reason a PC gameplay video should be in it at all. Period. Let alone slapped dead center in it.

Most people don't read this stuff, they just click on the video or think xbox runs it in 720p. Sad, but true. The comments under the article speak for themselves regarding that....

If "most people" aren't reading then it sounds like a problem with "most people".

If "most people" aren't reading then it sounds like a problem with "most people".

The article is also setup so that the pc gameplay video appears to be the leaked footage though. Even if you read through it and didn't want to click on a link, that's the appearance it gives.

Maybe I'm overreacting a bit but I find this to be bs.

Top Bottom