Gametrailers/Neogaf: Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of 2014

+
Sirnaq said:
Imagine this apocalyptic shitstorm if cdpr fail to deliver.
Also expectations are so high that i guarantee you that some people will be disappointed.

Imagine if DA:I proves to be a better game...oh dear.

Now you might want to shout at me for even suggesting the possibility, but consider this: Bioware made shit games because they sat on their laurels and became really really lazy. Whereas with Dragon Age: Inquisition EA has come down on them hard and it seems they are spending a lot of time and effort trying to make a decent game.

Now look at CDPR, for both TW1 and TW2 the company was under dire straits in trying to make and market the game, especially with TW2 since it almost caused the entire company to go bankrupt. Now with TW3 they are no longer under such pressure and such as there is a real possibility they might fuck up.

In their case it likely won't be due to laziness, although I fully expect them to not give a shit about imports, but rather it would be a problem of them overreaching.

I mean look at what they are trying to accomplish: A huge open world game with a great main story, fully voice acted, with a different gameplay system then TW1 or TW3 with some of the best, if not THE best, graphics the industry has ever seen.

Sirnaq said:
Imagine this apocalyptic shitstorm if cdpr fail to deliver.
Also expectations are so high that i guarantee you that some people will be disappointed.

Yeah, CDPR set the bar high for themselves.

gregski said:
Yeah, CDPR set the bar high for themselves.

Incredibly high even, it is viewed by many as a new benchmark for the rpg genre and that is not an easy feat to pull of.

TBH i believe CDPR has set their aims too high. Idk if they can pull it off this year, so maybe game is coming out next year. Not to mention that such a huge world will have tons of bugs like skyrim.

Yes the witcher 3 looks awesome, but i think CDPR is a bit unrealistic. I wouldnt be surprised if they canned some of the stuff. But if they didnt and it comes out this year, definitely the best company in the world.

Would join the imperials just for that. Byebye ulfric.

1- Witcher 3 (of course, holy shit it will be epic as hell).

2- Star Citizen (I think it will be out in 2015, but why not put it in the list).

3- Dark Souls II

4- Metal Gear V.

5- Wash Dogs (Watch Dogs :p/>/> )

6- Dragon Age Inquisition.

And when Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay is released, then it will be on the top list as well.

And of course, Mount and Blade II.

CostinMoroianu said:

Now you might want to shout at me for even suggesting the possibility, but consider this: Bioware made shit games because they sat on their laurels and became really really lazy. Whereas with Dragon Age: Inquisition EA has come down on them hard and it seems they are spending a lot of time and effort trying to make a decent game.

Now look at CDPR, for both TW1 and TW2 the company was under dire straits in trying to make and market the game, especially with TW2 since it almost caused the entire company to go bankrupt. Now with TW3 they are no longer under such pressure and such as there is a real possibility they might fuck up.

In their case it likely won't be due to laziness, although I fully expect them to not give a shit about imports, but rather it would be a problem of them overreaching.

I mean look at what they are trying to accomplish: A huge open world game with a great main story, fully voice acted, with a different gameplay system then TW1 or TW3 with some of the best, if not THE best, graphics the industry has ever seen.

Well for me DA:I can never ever be a better game, just because of the story, lore and maturity of TW. DA is too cliche for me to compete with TW in this and so far all the shown gameplay bits and stuff looks fantastic so I don't see a reason why they should screw up.

NotUS said:
Great list man!

I just watched the trailer for Dreamfall Chapters for the first time, ironically half the game looks Cyberpunk, the other half Witcher.
Ya , The Longest Journey saga always featured two worlds in games . One is Cyberpunk and other is Dark Fantasy World . TLJ series is among best when it comes to story telling , but game is still in early stages so lot of stuff will be improved . The trailer you saw was from early prototype .

CostinMoroianu said:
ROFL, that's a good one, Costin. Thanks for the laughs .

CostinMoroianu said:
Bioware made shit games because they sat on their laurels and became really really lazy. Whereas with Dragon Age: Inquisition EA has come down on them hard and it seems they are spending a lot of time and effort trying to make a decent game.
Seriously? EA are the very reason Bioware began making shit games. EA's greed and desire to appeal to the average brain-dead shooter kiddies made Bioware rush their games and lower their standards to the lowest common denominator .

Parachrist said:
Reviewing information about the Witcher, I found four articles. In two of them the expected release release date is Q2 in one of them the summer, and in the last Q2 or Q3.

So, in my humble opinion there is a chance that the release of W3 will be in the second quarter of the year />/>

Rock Paper Shotgun
Gamesreview
RPG Slayer
Worlds factory

August 2014 or September 2014 will be very good times to release the game :p/>

CostinMoroianu said:

Looking further to Cyberpunk 2077, that is supposed to be open world too and have Night City and surrounding wastelands in it...I mean, we're talking GTA V here in terms of size only and it took what, 5 effing years by a giant like Rockstar to make it.

I have to admit I'm sharing some of the scepticism.

gregski said:
Looking further to Cyberpunk 2077, that is supposed to be open world too and have Night City and surrounding wastelands in it...I mean, we're talking GTA V here in terms of size only and it took what, 5 effing years by a giant like Rockstar to make it.

I have to admit I'm sharing some of the scepticism.

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment". -
Traitor
Librarian Isador Akios.

Yeah, we should not get hyped as much as we are for Witcher 3, to avoid disappointment.

Although I have absolute faith in CDPR bringing out their best game yet, we should not set up high expectations for Witcher 3 and just play it at release like any other game so we can be surprised by its quality like what personally happened to me with Witcher 1 and Witcher 2.

Parachrist said:
So, in my humble opinion there is a chance that the release of W3 will be in the second quarter of the year />
I say no way. It's either November or 2015. Except there's some witchery going on at CDPR's studio.

Seriously? EA are the very reason Bioware began making shit games. EA's greed and desire to appeal to the average brain-dead shooter kiddies made Bioware rush their games and lower their standards to the lowest common denominator />/>/>/> .

Untrue on many accounts. While EA did want Bioware to rush their games the good doctors of Bioware were more then earger to agree to that, even though they could ( and even had the ranks ) to extend the development time.

Don't believe me? Look at DAA, DA2 and ME3, very short development times. Then the doctors leave ( Read: Were forced to leave by EA ) and what do we get? A much longer development time for DA3. There are even articles on the net about how Aaryn Flynn who was in charge of the team making ME3 ( even higher then Hudson ) had to go directly to EA to extend the development time for ME3 because the doctors weren't willing to do it.

Guess who is in charge of Bioware at the moment? Oh yeah it's Flynn.

Although I have absolute faith in CDPR bringing out their best game yet, we should not set up high expectations for Witcher 3 and just play it at release like any other game so we can be surprised by its quality like what personally happened to me with Witcher 1 and Witcher 2.

Except that there were plenty of people with high hopes for TW2 and it blew them away, except for the imports.

So yes, I do expect them to at least a game of the same quality of TW2.

CostinMoroianu said:
Untrue on many accounts. While EA did want Bioware to rush their games the good doctors of Bioware were more then earger to agree to that, even though they could ( and even had the ranks ) to just that.

Don't believe me? Look at DAA, DA2 and ME3, short development times. Then the doctors leave and what do we get? A much longer development time for DA3

Money has power.

May aswell add my 2 Orens.

3. Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect - A sci-fi Noir full-motion video adventure game, now there's something you don't see every day.
2. Elite: Dangerous - Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!
1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - No introduction needed.

I even did a video on the topic.
Duskey's TOP 10 most anticipated awesome games of 2014 (It's not a top 10) :p/>

I've never played the Thief series and only flirted briefly with Dragon Age: Origins, so I'm only keeping half an eye on their upcoming installments.

There are other games I'm excited for, but I've just seen too little about those games to be very excited about them. TW3 is an exception to this rule of course ;)/>/>

CostinMoroianu said:
Untrue on many accounts. While EA did want Bioware to rush their games the good doctors of Bioware were more then earger to agree to that, even though they could ( and even had the ranks ) to extend the development time.

Don't believe me? Look at DAA, DA2 and ME3, very short development times. Then the doctors leave ( Read: Were forced to leave by EA ) and what do we get? A much longer development time for DA3. There are even articles on the net about how Aaryn Flynn who was in charge of the team making ME3 ( even higher then Hudson ) had to go directly to EA to extend the development time for ME3 because the doctors weren't willing to do it.

Guess who is in charge of Bioware at the moment? Oh yeah it's Flynn.

Be that as it may, for me and many other (former) BioWare fans, this company's existence is divided to 2 Eras: pre-EA Era (excellent, intelligent games) and post-EA Era (crap for the masses). Taking into account the fact that EA made their fortune by releasing the same recycled crap each and every year (EA Games - FIFA, NBA...) and also the fact EA was chosen the worst company in America two years in a row - the conclusion is simple: EA ruins everything it touches.

P.S: I've seen all the YouTube footage on DA:I (and there is a lot of it), and i'm not impressed, to say the least. Graphics looks similar to DA2 and the combat looks like a Hack&Slash.

Top Bottom