Gaming systems

+
Gaming systems

Hello im new to the board and would like to know what gaming systems people are using to play the game? Also would like to get to know you all and make new friends.

Welcome on board markfrost1972 :wave:What do you mean with gaming systems? To play the game in isometric or OTS view?

No, What i meant was computer systems to play the game. i just got a Alienware Aurora. With 1000 Gig memory and 4 gig ram for gaming. Just curious what everyone else is using?

markfrost1972 said:
No, What i meant was computer systems to play the game. i just got a Alienware Aurora. With 1000 Gig memory and 4 gig ram for gaming. Just curious what everyone else is using?
An AMD 9850 CPU, 2GB of DDR2 RAM ,4870X2 graphics card and 27 & 22 inch Samsung Monitors.

I have the Xello OMG #1 ACE ;DOk i'm running a gigabyte X58 Extreme with an i7 940 @ 4.2ghz, cooled by an EK supreme, thermochill PA 120.3 1/2 Tygon tubing + EK res with a 12v Laing DDC+ & modded plexi top. Dual 300gb Velociraptors in Raid 0 for my OS, with a few storage drives aswell. 6gb of Corsair 1600mhz DDR3 memory @ 9-8-8-19, all powered by a Corsair HX1000W psu and housed in a Temjin TJ07 case. I use a Razer Lycosa @ Lachesis.Oh and two GTX 295's in quad sli ;D

Welcome aboard and welcome to the community!Intel 3.2ghz, 4 gig DDR2 RAM, Palit nvidia 8800 GT video card with 1 gig onboard RAM, terabyte hard drive, 22" wide screen monitor, all of it in an enormous circa 1990 server tower case that stands about mid-thigh on me. For the record, the 5 1/2" floppy disk drive in the tower no longer works. Sadly. Also for the record, a hacksaw was involved in the case mod. It could be a little more powerful, but it is hilarious.

markfrost1972 said:
Hello im new to the board and would like to know what gaming systems people are using to play the game? Also would like to get to know you all and make new friends.
Hi, and welcome to the board. I never buy "off the rack", I put my own PC together. Here's what's in it (if my memory still holds up. :D )Abit Microguru M/B, VIA chipset.AMD P64 3200 running 2ghz2 gigs of RAMnVidia GEforce 7800 GT OC with 256 megs of RAM on board, AGP connectorSoundblaster X-FI extreme soundcard.Two DVD drives/burners (one with Lightscribe capability).80 gig secondary HD (Maxtor) 7200 rpm500 gig primary HD (Western Digital) 7200rpm500 watt powersupply.Fatility case (1/4 inch thick solid aluminum case)Two fans in front to cool the HD's, one in back for exhaust.CPU and Video card both have their own fans.It also has a cassette deck in the top slot - I intend to convert a pile of cassettes to CD's eventually.22 inch flat panel Acer monitor.The beast:http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v238/Zayphod/NewPC/Always build your own.Plays The Witcher, Oblivion, Microsoft Train simulator and Aurin Train sim 2006 with visual sliders maxed out.Does Flight Simulator X "nearly" maxed out (I don't think anyone can truly max out FSX).

@zayphod: very nice looking system. :)@ Game Widow: My retro by about 20 years casemod: closeup is here: http://thewitcherworld.com/coyote/casemod-feb09.jpgFull setup, including visual of footstool that has been completely shredded by a cat AND clear and compelling evidence that I really do need to vacuum next to the computer: http://thewitcherworld.com/coyote/computer-feb09.jpgNot totally certain of the exact vintage of the case, but when I received it it contained a video-card with a tag on it which informed me that it had been checked in 1991. It also contained a set of batteries (long dead).And yes, it is within the bounds of at least remote possibility that the system is, as the sign in the photo suggests, radioactive.

I'm officially jealous, Starwolf. One day, I will have an electronic sketchpad, too, but I have to decide which one, first. :pAs for limping along, I have a Dell Dimension 2400, upgraded six ways from Sunday. Pentium4 2.8 GHz processor (845gv/gl chipset mobo), 2 Gig RAM (DIMMS), Powercolor Radeon HD2400 512MBs Video card (PCI-only slots- not PCI-e), SoundMax audio, 2 DVD-CD R/WR, 3.5 floppy (yeah, but I still use it), 360 Gig HD (used to have another 160, but took it out), 200WT PSU, Toshiba 15 inch flat screen monitor. I use low settings on everything and chapter 5 bogs down incredibly because of the flames, but it runs mostly at about 30 FPS.

@Treasa:part of the stated purpose of "The Retro Ferrari" is invoking jealousy, so you made my day. ;)I could be eviller, and have mentioned that I also have a 320 gig external backup HD, and a extra 500gig internal HD (it was the primary HD on a previous incarnation of the computer), an external 3.5 floppy drive (not sure where it is though).... And (once I talk hubby into it), I'm going to upgrade the mobo and processor.... I bought a Turtle Creek soundcard, but it wont fit on the current mobo. So the speakers are a little thinner sounding than they are technically capable of achieving. Anyway, to answer your comment about the e-sketchpad, The drawing tablet is nice, BUT definitely research first... I have an Adesso from TigerDirect, it's good, but the upgrade to the software that comes with it is for the included, you can use it for text recognition, but if you want to use it as a graphics tablet, the upgrade to that feature is IMO a little overpriced, thought it apparently does make the entire tablet a drawing tablet. The drawing area for it with Photoshop is definitly smaller and I think harder to navigate (its not marked). A nice feature is that it can be used separately (not plugged into the computer), and your scribbles can be imported as a jpeg. But if I were to do it over, I would have held off, saved a bit more, and gone for the Wacom tablet, even if they are way expensive.

very nice set of systems yall. To view my compute3r system, go to Alienware .com view auroras and youn will see it . Talk to yall later. bye for now

Nice rig you got there Starwolf, I am officially jealous. I own a Wacom Graphire, they aren't super expensive and I've had it for about 4 years and it's been good to me :)

seriously, yes, I have a nice computer, and hubby has some seriously nice guitars, but on the other hand, there are folk with MUCH nicer furniture etc etc... if you spend it on computers and guitars, you aint spending it on end tables and boats and whatever, its just priorities..... I am thinking hard on the wacom tablet.... but we are (and I am so off topic at this point) working on getting ready to sell our house for next year.... how do I justify upgrading the computer (mega priority) vs upgrading the house to sell it (because I want more land).............. oh gods, decisions decisions....

Hand build AM2 system: CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 5200+ 2600@2800MHz L2:2x1Mb TDP:65W skt. AM2CPU Cooler: Thermalright HR-01 Plus (fanless)Motherboard: MSI K9A2 CF-F (AMD 790X/SB600) Rev 1.0 BIOS v1.8Memory: 2x2Gb A-Data Vitesta Extreme DDR2 800MHz 4-4-4-11@2.0VVideo: Gainward nVidia 8600GT GS GLH + Artic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev. 2Audio: ASUS Xonar DXHard drive: 2 x Samsung 320Gb 16Mb SATA2 ( HD321KJ )DVD: Pioneer DVR-215DBKPSU: Corsair VX450WCase: Antec SoloFans: 2 x Nexus Real Silent 92mm@7V in / 1 x Nexus Real Silent 120mm@800rpm outKeyboard: Logitech UltraX Premium - Dvorak layoutMouse: Genius Netscroll Eye + original "The Witcher" leather padDisplay: LCD Horizon 2206SW 22" LG A+ grade TN panelHeadphones: Grado SR-60 & Grado SR-325iOS: Sidux 64bit( components selected based on SPCR reviews ;) )

markfrost1972 said:
With 1000 Gig memory and 4 gig ram for gaming. Just curious what everyone else is using?
Memory != Hard drive space. Memory == RAM. Sorry, but something something like that just... ARGH! If you work IT-tech support you might understand...Anyways, my system:ATI HD4870 512MBAMD Athlon64 X2 60002GB Geil PC2-6400 DDR2-800+Forgot what my PSU was... *something* 520 WattA few hard drives with at total of around 1.1TBCrappy DVD burner, that's beginning to eat my discs.

Until about one month ago my specs were:AMD Athlon 64 3700+@2.5 Ghz(single core, stock cooling)Asrock Dual-SATAII(skt 939)Gskill 400 Mhz DDR@410Mhz 2.5-3-3-98800 GTOnboard Audio(junk)Cooler Master Extreme 500wDVD RWCD RWThe specs on my new system are:Intel Core i7 920@3.8 Ghz W/Hyper Threading onGigabyte UD4PKingston Hyper-X 1866 Mhz@ 1520 Mhz 8-8-8-248800 GTOnboard Audio(very decent)Corsair 850TX 850wDVD RWCoolit Domino Water Cooling(CPU Cooling)Antec 900 CaseNeedless to say the upgrade was a HUGE improvement for me in a lot of aspects but the old system ran the game well except for in the trade quarter. However the new system plays the game well even in the trade quarter. ;D@StarwolfThat case reminds me of the full tower case my first computer came in(486@ 66 Mhz), I've thought about putting a system into it again but it has a big red switch for the power instead of a button and I haven't figured out how to use that with a newer system. I would want to use the LCD display to report something as well and I'm sure that would end up being a pain. Oh and what's the bungie cord for?

LicaonKter said:
rather unbalanced, eh?the poor GPU is idling most of the time :evil:
Hehe, it works quite well actually. Haven't noticed much performance problems, other than some stuttering in the obvious games, like Crysis on full DX10 graphics. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky, with DX10.1 enabled, runs pretty much perfect in almost full graphics, and TWEE I play on full graphics with no problems.

Ebernanit said:
The specs on my new system are:Intel Core i7 920@3.8 Ghz W/Hyper Threading onGigabyte UD4PKingston Hyper-X 1866 Mhz@ 1520 Mhz 8-8-8-248800 GTOnboard Audio(very decent)Corsair 850TX 850wDVD RWCoolit Domino Water Cooling(CPU Cooling)Antec 900 Case
I recommend you upgrade your video card, you have a very powerful machine with quite a modest GPU there, check out the GTX 260 / 285 :peace:(unless you play @ really low resolution!)

Top Bottom