Gamingbolt Interview with Quest Designer Paweł Sasko

+
Gamingbolt Interview with Quest Designer Paweł Sasko

http://gamingbolt.com/the-witcher-3-mega-interview-new-details-on-sailing-story-combat-and-ps4-features

Paweł Sasko: There are two main aspects we improved based on player complaints after the release of The Witcher 2. The first one is the user interface. This time we decided to build a prototype very early and have a unique one for each platform to make sure that it’s convenient. That’s why we can bring back the grid in the inventory for the PC version of the game.

cool, the grid inventory will be back :)

Aditya

Forum veteran
apart from the indian interviewer which made me chuckle, many will be happy with the grid inventory coming back. Good thing but I hope that's optional as I'm the minority of liking the list one in TW2 more.

And something special for E3? Trailer! :D

Why the bloody hell do we need to go back to the damn grid inventory?

I like the current one, it's all sorted and works very well with a mouse. All categorically arranged.

Aditya

Forum veteran
I don't like the grid inventory either, the current one works just fine, that's why hoping it's only optional so that all are happy. And the sailing part looks interesting. While I don't want Geralt to be a sailor or fisherman, traveling around in a boat for some time would be cool. That is in game, and not like in TW2.

good news...

sidspyker said:

I like the current one, it's all sorted and works very well with a mouse. All categorically arranged.

This...

Repost btw.

Grid inventory is fine as long as it's not too plain. I think a hybrid of TW1 and TW2 may work. However, I think using a grid is just easier than TW2's list style. Even something as simple as putting your mouse over the item and it automatically shows you what it is, the stats, description, etc. TW1's inventory screen had plenty of room for additional information.

At the end of the day we'll have to see how the inventory system works to begin with. If Geralt can't carry that much on him without storing it somewhere, then there's no huge difference anyway.

I just hope it's more like TW2's weight system rather than TW1's system of slots.

sidspyker said:

sidspyker said:
I don't like the grid inventory either, the current one works just fine, that's why hoping it's only optional so that all are happy. And the sailing part looks interesting. While I don't want Geralt to be a sailor or fisherman, traveling around in a boat for some time would be cool. That is in game, and not like in TW2.

The categorys are fine. The problem ist the list view. You can never see all your items at once. The details of every item is in a small box, that sometimes even scrolls down, before you could read it. Patch 3.3 finally fixed that. Apart from that there is no option for comparisons.

I don't really care what kind of inventory we get as long as it works and feels naturally. One of the most annoying things in a RPG is a crap inventory.

Someone please elucidate..
What is a grid inventory? Are we talking about a RE1/2 type of thing? Is that how it was implemented in TW1?

aside from the grid inventory, another thing which I look forward to

Our goal is clear: create a lot of “points of interest” and place them in a way so that the player traveling through the lands always sees at least two of them on the horizon, possibly in two different directions. There has to be a small quest telling the story of the location, characters or anything else that builds up the atmosphere of the whole region.

We are using every trick that we know to encourage players to explore and keep that activity rewarding, even for the smallest discoveries. We have tested it hundreds of times already and it seems that we are heading in the right direction.

I'm not really sure but if they really manage this, than it could keep me away of using fast travel.

Oh so merely a visual thing? For a moment I thought they meant a jigsaw grid

I am indifferent then, whatever is more practical.

HicSuntDracones said:
Oh so merely a visual thing? For a moment I thought they meant a jigsaw grid

I am indifferent then, whatever is more practical.
Err, no it will even function differently.

Grid:

No, I understood now, as long as it is not a jigsaw (or worse jigsaw + weight management) I am entirely ok with it

I can only shed tears of joy that there's such a great team of developers.
They have their thoughts set straight and know everything that the fans want to see.

I can't wait for The Witcher 3 in 2014 ^^

Personally I prefer the Witcher 2 style inventory. Grid inventory feels too old school for me, I'm far from being a nostalgic, I like innovation and new solutions.

Top Bottom