Gang feature: Maelstrom

+
Alright someone posted in Portuguese suggesting a different name for the Maelstrom gang because they thought it was too hard to pronounce. They proposed what translates to “whirlwind”
Ignoring the fact that it’s waaaaay too late in development to change the name and that Maelstrom is a kickass name. I responded back saying that a maelstrom is like a vortex and a whirlpool. That it involved water not air.

Man, I hope we can augment ourselves with the front optical mounts the Maelstrom use. Kick ass, and I would match my Flathead.

Dont know if i saw the next gang or i was watching killer clowns form outer space.... i think i am over workd

So they are walking probable cyberpsychos? Why doesn't the Psycho Squad just wipe them out?

Actual cyberpsychos, about 30% or so are registered as of 2020. So the Squad knows where they are and what they have.

As to why the Squad doesn't come down hard all the time, well.

1. Despite Vidya Game Combat, in the Real World and in 2020 RPG, combat is really dangerous! Taking on an entire Gang is not easily done. Lives will be lost - many many lives, especially when that gang is well armed, armored and enhanced and dug-in.

2. Like all Gangs, Maelstrom is somewhat self-policing. They know that if their members go all rampage, NCPD and CSWAT will have no choice, regardless of the cost, but to come in and purge. So, they keep a lid on it. A murder here, a maiming there, preferably against other gangs...maybe a small rampage on a Saturday, once a month or two...nothing that Night City can't handle. You know...Street Life.

3. They do! The Squad are tough, very tough, well armed and nearly psycho themselves. They DO go in after cyberpsychos when necessary, even dug in with a gang. If a Maelstrom or Slaughterhouse member finally loses it, then yeah, in they go. Loooooot of craziness when that happens. Thus, see 2, above.

The Dark Future is a violent place. The Squad has to maximize results vs investments. They aren't invulnerable, nor do they always win.

Top Bottom