Gangs go hostile for no reason

+
I honestly don't know if this is a new feature of reputation system for gangs or just a bug. I just drive casually and a group of gangoons on the other side of the road turn hostile and start to shoot at me. I also get random combat mode for no reason while driving and hurting no one, like there are spots on the map that got permanent combat mode stuck on them.

Heheh.

I've been harassing them so much that I don't blame them for going all rabid on me. All of them. Maelstrom, Scavs, Tygers, the police, and rest of the scum. I like it. Last weekend, I had a big exchange with the police in Japantown. It took over one hour to settle, and I think over 50 police bodies. Dunno what was piling up for such as huge conflict. Summa summarum, now I can drive through without problems.

Hope to stream next such conflict soon.

But it only started with 1.31.

I honestly don't know if this is a new feature of reputation system for gangs or just a bug. I just drive casually and a group of gangoons on the other side of the road turn hostile and start to shoot at me. I also get random combat mode for no reason while driving and hurting no one, like there are spots on the map that got permanent combat mode stuck on them.
Very difficult to say whether or not it's a bug. Experience it too ever since 1.31. Could be that they turn hostile towards you when you have attacked one of theirs on a gig or two, but how the hell do they know exactly what kinda car V's driving!?

Today I can confirm that the police and gangs went rabid on me. I had three huge clashes with the police, and gangs are catching on me every now and then. I find this so cool, as in FINALLY! I got herds after me. More! I want a large-scale showdown with Scavs.

I would like to play even a survival mode, when I face off 1,000 of them actively hunting me, and have to play cover and take them out in small groups.

Of them all, the police is the toughest, mostly bc they keep showing up on and on. I can also confirm I prodded them for no other reason than them giving me bad looks. Every. Time. They. Did. It. Which is more than I cared to count.

Last edited:
From what I been seeing, the bug that causes npc's just attack you for no reason, has something to do with vehicles. I have seen where the static population panic because Ms V is ... just ... driving. Random Police groups, and gang members instantly go hostile for just driving. As in, just driving no hitting anything, being a good girl and taking a casual drive. With the police, when they go hostile, that group will always will be hostile... what I mean is, when you die and reload, that same group of Police will always go hostile. Plus, you have a marker for criminal behavior, and all police become hostile. I had it so bad in one play through, the game became unplayable esp. when V is low level (around lvl5) . Only solution I found was to use a trainer, make V god mode and one shot kill, and just go through the gambit of police until they stop. Then I kept on playing normally.

Mobs will go hostile even though they are in a building and can not see you due to line of sight being blocked. For example pulling up to the clothing store in Pacifica, and the mobs in the quest location behind it and lower than the store just go hostile, and V enters combat mode. Or parking in the garage, the mobs behind and below, will go hostile and V enters combat mode.

I have a feeling the main issue is the new mini map associated to vehicles. More noticeable with gangs, as they go hostile the moment they enter the mini map. Police go through a 'detection' phase then go hostile.

I noticed it as well. I was attacked by the police out of no where the other day. I dont mind the gangs because when I see a Valentino its on sight. They always used to attack and kill me when I was a lower lvl that happened to get to close to them. ( back when game first launched). The police though is a different story, because the super commandos that 1-2 shot you are stupid and spawn all the time.

I do not agree with the gangs going hostile the moment they come into V's radar; it makes no sense. Esp. in a vehicle and more so in a vehicle that has no glass windows.... just how in hell these idiots know it is her, specifically, when there is a large number of said windowless vehicles. Even if she has a glass-windowed car the gangs just happen to pick that specific Hella (out of thousands) that Valerie is driving for example.... Really? Now if the gangers are bored and want to die that day and pop shooting every car on the road, and happens when V is in the location, is one thing, but that should cause the police to start shooting the gangers, for say 'causing a public nuisance'. Also, when V starts owning a small car lot of cars, the gangers just happen to know what car she is driving?
Speaking of cars...... the Delamain cab, should that not be tougher than the average car, in V's car collection. Being it is an armored cab, so for example windows do not pop when they are shot at like other cars. Plus, the missile launcher in the back should that not activate when attacked. Yes it has a rear missile launcher... it sometimes glitches in the escape from Konpeki and tries to shoot V after shooting the drones on the way to "The No Tell Motel"

I do not agree with the gangs going hostile the moment they come into V's radar; it makes no sense.
Obviously it make no sense, because it's indeed a bug (And therefore, not intended) :)
Bug that you can, if you want and if it's not already done, report to CDPR Support

Top Bottom