Garry The Prophet Not Working?

+
I've tried many many times to unlock the quest from Garry The Prophet.
I listen to his theories, agree with him, give him donations.
He will tell me 2 or 3 theories until he starts repeating the same general phrases over and over again.
I was told by someone that you have to complete The Heist and receive Johnny's engram before he will tell you more theories and give you the quest.
I did that, and when I came back, he was sleeping. I came back again, he was sleeping.
Then, I've given it more time, and he's just gone.
I also never see this fabled "supporter" anywhere in any of my interactions I have with him either.
I've tried this many times over a few different save games.
Is there more you're supposed to do?
It seems like once Garry goes to sleep, he never wakes up again for me.
And i never get a quest icon for him either.
How do i get this quest? Is he broken?

On my side since the ever (the release).
The very first time I go to meet Viktor with Jackie, before entering in Misty's shop, I listen Gary and answer about my Optics (when the two women who take a photo of him^^). Then I get out to meet Dex, I listen him again an give him 100 eddies.
Then I never pay too attention to him, but when I see the quest marker on the map (almost always after after the heist, because I "rush" the heist^^), I go visit him. If he sleep, I go far enough (a little more far than Dex meeting) and wait one hour and comeback, generally he's ready.
Always give the max eddies and comeback only when the quest marker appear :)

On my side since the ever (the release).
The very first time I go to meet Viktor with Jackie, before entering in Misty's shop, I listen Gary and answer about my Optics (when the two women who take a photo of him^^). Then I get out to meet Dex, I listen him again an give him 100 eddies.
Then I never pay too attention to him, but when I see the quest marker on the map (almost always after after the heist, because I "rush" the heist^^), I go visit him. If he sleep, I go far enough (a little more far than Dex meeting) and wait one hour and comeback, generally he's ready.
Always give the max eddies and comeback only when the quest marker appear :)
thank you. the problem I'm having is, when Garry is there when I visit, he will not tell me any more theories. He will just say "their mothership conceals itself above our very heads! open your mind before it is too late!" over and over. and ask me for donations in between. :/
and even though I am checking frequently, I don't get a quest marker. this is very confusing

He always say the same thing when he doesn't sleep and he have "nothing" to propose : "The radiowaves.... blabla..." When he say that, you can leave, there is nothing more for the moment...
I only check the map time to time and when there is the quest marker, I go visit him, if the quest marker disappeared when I arrive (and he sleep), I do my little "thing" (I go far enough, I wait one hour and I come back). It could take a good while because generally I never finish his quest line before Panam's quest line. Which is a good thing, because there is a special dialogue line after "The Queen Of The Highway" with the two nomads :)
Post automatically merged:

Speaking of the devil, his quest marker appeared :)
25-03-2022_03-58-37-xxbvqacu.jpeg

Last edited:
You have to donate 4 or 5 times then he starts talking about nomads and there are some nearby who don't take kindly to it. So if you save him then you get the mission.

I usually go through all his rants in like 3 minutes. When he's finished one of his rants I simply run away about 100 meters, then return to him and he'll be on his next rant. Listen to the rant, run away again, return to him.

Rinse and repeat until the Nomads show up, at which point I tell them to 'Fuck him up.' but I guess you could save him and do his quest.

I have done this mission about 3 times, however in my current playthrough I spoke to him a couple of times, then I found him sleeping all the time and kind of forgot about him until I happened to be in the area. When I went to check on him, I only found the fan lady, and when I tried to speak to her she only said so now you want to speak, or something like that, and vanished. Could this be due to the stage I'm at in the main quest? I just did the sabotage the float part.

Could this be due to the stage I'm at in the main quest? I just did the sabotage the float part.
I don't think soo, I already completed Garry questline at the point of no return in few playthroughs.
"Maybe" you ignored him at some point at the very end of the "quest" and the Aldecaldos beat him without you paying attention :(

Top Bottom