Gas clouds doing no damage since 1.11?

+
Gas clouds doing no damage since 1.11?

As the title says: gas clouds don't do damage to me anymore. I'm at the beginning of the game in White Orchard. Gas clouds still appear as usual and can be ignited by Igni, but they don't do damage anymore. I verified my game files and reloaded different saves - still the same. It's a bit odd. Anyone else experiencing this?

Same here. Actually making the quest "Rose on the Red Field" way harder where you fight the fallen knights in the cave which has gas clouds.
Generally they would just die of poisoning over time, but now I have to fight them all in the conventional way! Kinda sucks :(

I've given up on this game (and CDPR) I think. Every patch creates MORE bugs, from unkillable enemies to f'ing up the environment. It's a joke.

Same here. Was strolling near Nilfgaard camp and noticed that gas clouds at the swamp are not poisoning.

I confirm this too. It's happened to me too in a dungeon where a hall was full of gas cloud and I had a torch. I get tons of "Michael Bay" explosions but no damage.

Are you sure that save games are necessary to test this? The feedback I've read seems to suggest this is a universal change, not just for certain users. I've also watched a couple of people stream the game and asked them to check out the gas - it didn't hurt them either. It's a source of confusion because Keira and Geralt still interact as if the gas is poisonous.

For easy confirmation just check out white orchard swamps, elven mage's hideout, dragonslayer's grotto or some place like that.

Hey guys, could you send us the saves via our official support form?

Unfortunately I don't have my saves anymore - I just recently had to kill my PC and reinstall everything. I didn't start playing again yet, as I wanted to wait for 1.12. But I'm sure the save files aren't needed, as everyone I know seems to be affected.

Edit: just created an instant HoS character to check if gas clouds are still bugged after the reinstall. They are. So it doesn't seem to be a problem connected to older saves.

Last edited:
It is still valuable for us, so we can check if the fix we have will be working for you too.

It is still valuable for us, so we can check if the fix we have will be working for you too.

Alright. I just made an instant lvl 32 HoS character and went to the White Orchard swamps. Stood in the middle of a gas cloud and saved. I just submitted it, hope it helps to fix this with 1.12! :)

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED
Please keep in mind that by using unofficial mods, cheats, or enabling the developer console when playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, you are increasing the likeness of the game not working as intended.
This means that potential bugs, glitches, or even game crashes are much more likely to occur during your playthrough.

A post has been deleted. Keep it civil, and avoid personal attacks if you wish to continue posting in these forums.

The Tech Support forums are here for the purpose of reporting and solving problems, and not for soapboxing over unrelated issues. And definitely not for attacking tech support staff.

As such, the post advising that there is a mod available to give a temporary solution is welcome, as is the reminder that the use of mods may cause later problems. Having just read a post where someone needs to go back around 13 levels of playthrough because of a mod he used, that reminder is important.

So use this mod if it gives a temporary fix, but also remember to remove it when the game is patched.

Last edited:
Top Bottom