"Gas Clouds" Tutorial Entry (and Others) No Longer Obtainable?

+
So I'm a big stickler for 100 percent completion, and have all the bestiary, character, and non-mutually-exclusive book/note entries squared away in my glossary. However, while cross-checking my progress with online resources, I realized I was missing at least one Tutorial entry, of all things. The entry was for "Gas Clouds", which I know exists thanks to this video (https://youtu.be/3jIYQFghCtk?t=75), but it was nowhere to be found in my list.

1593333787008.png

Intrigued, I spent about five minutes in a New Game riding straight to the White Orchard Nilfgaardian Garrison swamp, and sure enough, while the in-game tip showed up to avoid swamp gas and ignite it in combat, no tutorial entry was logged in the glossary. Is this a bug, or is there something else that triggers it? It gives me concern that there may be others that are broken as well. Based on a little research, I suspect a patch between 2016 and 2017 may have made it unobtainable...

Last edited:
Well, I have to say I'm a little surprised by the lack of interest in this topic. I did ultimately figure out the issue: turns out, in the initial release of The Witcher 3, all tutorial entries were immediately dumped to your Glossary from the start. CD Projekt Red must have decided this was too much information at once, and instead tied them to event flags so they'd be revealed once they were relevant, in one of the patches. However, the Gas Clouds entry, along with a few others, were never attached to a flag, and thus, are now unobtainable, unless you start a new game from the original boxed copy, and then update your save to the current version.

Top Bottom