Gated content like place of power in kaer trolde

+
Gated content like place of power in kaer trolde

I was wondering if CDPR could be so nice to allow us to get to the things that are gated behind quests we might not do at all. I wanted to help Hjalmar but i noticed if i do i have no legitimate way to get that Place of Power i get when i help Cerys.
Also i wish there was a way to complete the Venomous Viper set without having to help Olgierd. There might be more but these are the ones that came to mind at the moment.

iCake

Forum veteran
You're not the first to ask for this. Long story short, it's not going to happen.

iCake;n7152040 said:
You're not the first to ask for this. Long story short, it's not going to happen.

Maybe they have a soft spot and eventually fix these. All they have to do is give us the Viper Sword from Gaunter instead of fighting him. And opening the door in Kaer Trolde to let us get at the Place of Power. And whatever other thing is gated still.

iCake

Forum veteran
DirkAustin;n7152150 said:
Maybe they have a soft spot and eventually fix these. All they have to do is give us the Viper Sword from Gaunter instead of fighting him. And opening the door in Kaer Trolde to let us get at the Place of Power. And whatever other thing is gated still.

Yes, but I have a feeling CDPR did all that on purpose. To make choices feel more impactful or to give you a better reward you for going an extra mile. Hard to say what's what though, but clearly the chance for any "fixes"is "hair slim", so to speak. This doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome them though :)

Last edited:
iCake;n7152390 said:
Yes, but I have a feeling CDPR did all that on purpose. To make choices feel more impactful or to give you a better reward you for going an extra mile. Hard to say what's what though, but clearly the chance for any "fixes"is "hair slim", so to speak. This doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome them though :)

Well, the problem i have is that it forces people to make certain choices, then its not really a choice anymore. For example, morally, Olgierd almost got me killed, i gladly let Gaunter take his soul, but for that "choice" i can make i get punished by not being able to complete a set of Witcher gear. Seems more like an oversight rather than something thats fair and CDPR usually is very fair.
Also that place of power in Kaer Trolde, its only locked behind 1 door, all they have to do is unlock it after the quest is done so one can get it. Again, otherwise im punished for trying to make anyone but Cerys queen.

I hope CDPR will budge on this eventually.

iCake

Forum veteran
DirkAustin;n7152540 said:
Well, the problem i have is that it forces people to make certain choices, then its not really a choice anymore.

I feel the same, forced, but to be completely honest, no one is forcing you there. You can very well complete the game without that extra skill point or that fancy sword. Also, in the heat of the game you might not even notice this "forcefulness", especially if you have no idea what kind of reward each path gives you. So I stand by this: you feel forced to take certain paths indeed, but if you look at it with a cool head, no one forces you to do anything.

DirkAustin;n7152540 said:
For example, morally, Olgierd almost got me killed, i gladly let Gaunter take his soul

Yep, same here. There is no real reason to help Olgried out of his mess other than the kindness of your heart and lack of self preservation :D So there'd better be a good reward for going that path and there is :)

Again, I also don't quite like having certain choices that lock you out of something, I'm just trying to look at it from a different angle and this is not that bad actually.

Top Bottom