Gather the world’s best heroes and join the Gold Rush!

+

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED

The Special Arena mode - Gold Rush is back!

Starting today, if you play with the Special: Gold Rush ruleset, you will be able to build your deck with Gold cards ONLY. The event ends at noon on November 14th!

Good luck and have fun!

Right. Interesting. Been playing quite many rounds of Arena in Homecoming. Will definitely try this one out too. It was awesome in Beta but let's see how it fits into HC.

Is there any info what is Arena about? I never played it and I do not want to go there to just try it and see and be served as a breakfast for veteran sharks. I rather would like to read some official description of that mode, what is it about, what are rules, what are steps, that player proceeds through, how is it different from usual multiplayer mode like ranked etc ... As I already mentioned in one of my posts in forum, official pages are really offering terribly shallow info on this game, which is giving veteran players even bigger advantage, than they would normally have if beginners could at least read from some kind of wikipedia. I came here from HS and it has several wikias. At example this one ... https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Hearthstone_Wiki I would very very very much appreciate if there would have been something like that for Gwent too.

Is there any info what is Arena about? I never played it and I do not want to go there to just try it and see and be served as a breakfast for veteran sharks. I rather would like to read some official description of that mode, what is it about, what are rules, what are steps, that player proceeds through, how is it different from usual multiplayer mode like ranked etc ... As I already mentioned in one of my posts in forum, official pages are really offering terribly shallow info on this game, which is giving veteran players even bigger advantage, than they would normally have if beginners could at least read from some kind of wikipedia. I came here from HS and it has several wikias. At example this one ... https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Hearthstone_Wiki I would very very very much appreciate if there would have been something like that for Gwent too.
I would say to look at youtube. Lots of streamers make guides or post videos of their games, ranked and arena. A really good arena player is shinmiri. If you ever watch twitch check him out and that might be really helpful.

In general arena follows the same rules except when it comes to deck building. There are no more provision costs or copy limitations (two bronze, one gold). You will be given four choices of cards and must pick one before you are given another choice of four. In the current special mode you will only have golds to choose from. In general you want to pick cards that have a lot of power on their own as you can't guarantee synergy.

I hope this helped some!

This should never have been a thing. Paying to play matches with real money? It's like a complete travesty and encourages gambling which can be a serious problem for some people. I personally will never pay to play Arena. Nope.
Post automatically merged:

I would say to look at youtube. Lots of streamers make guides or post videos of their games, ranked and arena. A really good arena player is shinmiri. If you ever watch twitch check him out and that might be really helpful.

In general arena follows the same rules except when it comes to deck building. There are no more provision costs or copy limitations (two bronze, one gold). You will be given four choices of cards and must pick one before you are given another choice of four. In the current special mode you will only have golds to choose from. In general you want to pick cards that have a lot of power on their own as you can't guarantee synergy.

I hope this helped some!
No, you just have to pay real money to enter! It's totally safe!

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
This should never have been a thing. Paying to play matches with real money?

You can also pay with Ore which can be collected without paying. Besides, it's just like, oh, basically every other CCG ever made, except that Gwent is one of the most generous CCG out there.

This should never have been a thing. Paying to play matches with real money? It's like a complete travesty and encourages gambling which can be a serious problem for some people. I personally will never pay to play Arena. Nope.

No, you just have to pay real money to enter! It's totally safe!
No you don't. I have never used real money on arena. I can always earn the ore I need through dailies. The only real money I spent on gwent was for kegs just to support them. Real money is not at all required for gwent.

No you don't. I have never used real money on arena. I can always earn the ore I need through dailies. The only real money I spent on gwent was for kegs just to support them. Real money is not at all required for gwent.

First of all, let me address "no you don't". Rather vague response to what I wrote and doesn't make sense really. Thankfully I can work it out since I'm not a complete numpty; so - No you don't what? NEED to spend money on it? No of course you don't HAVE to, but if you want to play it consistently you would have to and the option is there. There's no temptation for me personally, however for some it could be a problem. Yes it's THEIR problem but if the option to use real money wasn't there, I wouldn't be arguing this point.

For me Ore is something I use for kegs. So basically I'd have to forfeit that then spend money on kegs. Either way it's a money sink I'm not interested in. I also spent a very small amount of money to support the game back in beta, but If you want to play Arena all the time, you'd certainly have to pay real money. It shouldn't even be a thing. Give us some other form of gambling currency that's not purchasable with real money, then I'm in. But not ore and not $

See above. You can ^ this, but I have reasons why I wouldn't. Therefore see above, it applies to your erroneous ^

First of all, let me address "no you don't". Rather vague response to what I wrote and doesn't make sense really. Thankfully I can work it out since I'm not a complete numpty; so - No you don't what? NEED to spend money on it? No of course you don't HAVE to, but if you want to play it consistently you would have to and the option is there. There's no temptation for me personally, however for some it could be a problem. Yes it's THEIR problem but if the option to use real money wasn't there, I wouldn't be arguing this point.

For me Ore is something I use for kegs. So basically I'd have to forfeit that then spend money on kegs. Either way it's a money sink I'm not interested in. I also spent a very small amount of money to support the game back in beta, but If you want to play Arena all the time, you'd certainly have to pay real money. It shouldn't even be a thing. Give us some other form of gambling currency that's not purchasable with real money, then I'm in. But not ore and not $

See above. You can ^ this, but I have reasons why I wouldn't. Therefore see above, it applies to your erroneous ^

First: I rarely play Arena. But If I play I never pay real money for it. I played 1700 hours in Gwent Beta, I have everything I need so I don't really need ore for Kegs. And there are many players like me. I supported the devs back in Beta, because I like this game (HC not so much but I hope it will be better). It's my decision...if you have any other opinion, I respect it, but as you wrote: you don't have to spend money on it. It's only an option.

...they are a business. Their purpose is to make money. I am sorry this is a trigger for you (sincerely), however, this is a very common model for video games now. I don't see cdpr doing anything wrong. Helping people through tough issues such as a gambling addiction is for mental health professionals, not cdpr.

Top Bottom