Gaunter can be fun

+
Gaunter can be fun

Look, I know Gaunter is not all that great but it can be pretty funny.

I did Gaunter, won the gamble, then played Ithlinne to make sure those elves are guzzling down potions till their little forest pansy stomachs burst! LOLOLOL

Attachments

• photo155590.jpg
    photo155590.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 46
Someone just used this card on the final round and lost.

The card I got for their loss was: a lighting bolt. I used it on my Frost Giant and boosted Halmar to 25. Not only was I laughing but that win was delicious karma, considering they kept hammering me with non-stop weather spamming.

Gaunter is a fun card in general, not only when you win the bet and pick the card you want, like the op says.

But, for me, the most fun aspect of using Gaunter has to do with the Renew fad. I used him for a while in my NR deck, along with other golds that are not exactly mvps ( except Avalllac'h, but at least, if the opponent Renews him, i get 2 cards ). "So, you have nothing else to Renew but my Gaunter ( or Dijkstra )? Good luck with that". Haha!

No Title

Here's a crazy one that just happened today using Gaunter in my monsters deck.

Guy wins round 1 and bleeds me for cards in r2. I win r2 but had to use all my cards while he had 1 left.

So of course for round 3 I draw one last card, and guess who it is!? LOL

So I Gaunter, win the gamble into Katakan for 20 points. He then plays the spy and forfeits.

I mean hey, this is a card game and you need to get lucky sometimes.

Attachments

• photo156020.jpg
    photo156020.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 45
The biggest problem with Gaunter is that he should be at least a 10 power card to even start considering if he is worth the gold slot.. Or you know.. Draw the card and keep it so you can get CA, then it could be worth the risk.. In a game with 25-card decks that can get thinned to the point you can draw everything, G.O.D is worthless... Every competitive deck has a good if not perfect consistency.. So i can't see why someone would play him unless you are just messing around of course and you want to have some fun..!

Last edited:
NickStrife;n9047650 said:
The biggest problem with Gaunter is that he should be at least a 10 power card to even start considering if he is worth the gold slot.. Or you know.. Draw the card and keep it so you can get CA, then it could be worth the risk.. In a game with 25-card decks that can get thinned to the point you can draw everything, G.O.D is worthless... Every competitive deck has a good if not perfect consistency.. So i can't see why someone would play him unless you are just messing around of course and you want to have some fun..!

Agreed, Gaunter is simply not a competitive card. It's fun to use though. I think it has the potential to be devastating being able to choose any card you want if you win the guessing game, but at 5 points its too big of a risk. I use the card as I picked it up in a keg a few days ago so I try to make some use of it.

I wish it was better though for sure.

Top Bottom