Gaunter's Ultimate Challenge explained!

+
I don't like this new system. Not a bit. And if the devs don't do something, we will lose many new players. I read on reddit, I read it here that newer players leave the game. I can't do nothing, only hope... If the devs made a really big mistake in the past, they tried to repair it. I hope they will do that this time too. And for the new and dissapointed players : wait a bit! Maybe the devs hear this uproar and make things straight again. If not, then the game will lose many-many players.
It's good to know they testing new system but with all honesty this should be done before implementing this changes, are we still in beta?

I want to add another problem to this habit of changing things that work.

We do not have a translator in spanish networks, and for people like me it is very difficult to understand such dense explanations.
I make an effort to write and read in english here to understand some of what happens when "strange things" happen in the game.
Please don't make complicated changes, do something more simple, or at least translate it into more languages!

I made a thread about what we can do against less and less reward points. Maybe some of you are interested:

Last edited:
I was enjoying the old reward system. Every day I was trying to win 18 round and was feeling satisfied with my rewards. I bought Geralt's premium journey but it's progression wasn't fun at all, forcing me to do things i didn't really like. New system looks cool, but I'm stuck at Gaunter's challenge to create 20 dryads with Eithne ability. People say it's a bug. But that's absolutely unacceptable. Please fix these kind of stupid bugs, It is some nonsense.

Last edited:
Why would CDRP make it such that to complete the 4th challenge, you need a specific legendary card which no one had before the Master Mirror release?

So, in order to get this card, one basically needs to keep purchasing older keg sets to get card pieces to craft the needed legendary instead of using gold on Master Mirror kegs that are full of new cards. The challenge effectively limits the adoption of new cards. That is just horrendous decision making.

Why would CDRP make it such that to complete the 4th challenge, you need a specific legendary card which no one had before the Master Mirror release?

So, in order to get this card, one basically needs to keep purchasing older keg sets to get card pieces to craft the needed legendary instead of using gold on Master Mirror kegs that are full of new cards. The challenge effectively limits the adoption of new cards. That is just horrendous decision making.
Monetary reasons if you wander why. You can buy full set of evolving cards in shop or open ton of kegs.

Monetary reasons if you wander why. You can buy full set of evolving cards in shop or open ton of kegs.
Well obviously for monetary reasons. My point is it is a poor monetization strategy; it doesn't incentive players to buy new kegs and it doesn't entice new players to try the game.

rrc

Forum veteran
I was enjoying the old reward system. Every day I was trying to win 18 round and was feeling satisfied with my rewards. I bought Geralt's premium journey but it's progression wasn't fun at all, forcing me to do things i didn't really like. New system looks cool, but I'm stuck at Gaunter's challenge to create 20 dryads with Eithne ability. People say it's a bug. But that's absolutely unacceptable. Please fix these kind of stupid bugs, It is some nonsense.
It only works in R2 when Eithne is a happy mother. Just play 10 casual games, dry-pass R1, play Eithne R2, pass and repeat 10 times. Apparently CDPR is working on a fix, but until then, you will be blocked from getting RPs on your daily quests.

Im trying to figure out a sweet spot for gaming the new system, it looks like the devs are responding to the complains but in the meantime there is a way to rationalize the new system

Ive tried gaming it at 24 x2, that's unreasonable burn out a day or so. But if I take two sessions in a day, game it once at 24 & then another at 12-18 depends on how I feel like it it's rather doable. It rounds up to about every 2-3 days realistically for 4 RP, while I get regular RP 3 at least in a day for scoring 24 & Gaunter Challenge bonus.

Add in the additional level progression that I would not have gained under the old 6/12, my month total RPs all things considered shouldnt be too discouraging from what was before. The trade off is of course alot more time spent, but it's still spaced out in such a way that's more or less managable day to day.

The key here is to play to the new progression carry over, it doesn't reset ever a day extra work in the grind is still there tomorrow. So work that into spacing it out on a regular doable routine, progress can still be made just not as easy. Think of it as a prestige rush grind, get a whole lot more levels in a month like this.

New player w/ only a few decks & underpower will struggle w/ this, players who hasn't yet grasp the game concepts like when to pass & not pass will have a hard time doing this many games. But for most players 4-5 months in should be reasonable? That's one month intense grind, & back to cruising Journey the next.

I think I would do this, the cards are new everything is fresh it's not like before 7 months end staled & starving for new contents.

Im trying to figure out a sweet spot for gaming the new system, it looks like the devs are responding to the complains but in the meantime there is a way to rationalize the new system

Ive tried gaming it at 24 x2, that's unreasonable burn out a day or so. But if I take two sessions in a day, game it once at 24 & then another at 12-18 depends on how I feel like it it's rather doable. It rounds up to about every 2-3 days realistically for 4 RP, while I get regular RP 3 at least in a day for scoring 24 & Gaunter Challenge bonus.

Add in the additional level progression that I would not have gained under the old 6/12, my month total RPs all things considered shouldnt be too discouraging from what was before. The trade off is of course alot more time spent, but it's still spaced out in such a way that's more or less managable day to day.

The key here is to play to the new progression carry over, it doesn't reset ever a day extra work in the grind is still there tomorrow. So work that into spacing it out on a regular doable routine, progress can still be made just not as easy. Think of it as a prestige rush grind, get a whole lot more levels in a month like this.

New player w/ only a few decks & underpower will struggle w/ this, players who hasn't yet grasp the game concepts like when to pass & not pass will have a hard time doing this many games. But for most players 4-5 months in should be reasonable? That's one month intense grind, & back to cruising Journey the next.

I think I would do this, the cards are new everything is fresh it's not like before 7 months end staled & starving for new contents.

I already did the math for you. The cost is 3 extra wins per day times 36 days is 108 wins this season. For that assuming you did the entire faction challenge and got 8 RP on the final challenge, and assuming you did 4RP per day, you end 12 short of a normal month. Also remember partial rewards that existed before journey are still gone. So you have to win more to get less.

I already did the math for you. The cost is 3 extra wins per day times 36 days is 108 wins this season. For that assuming you did the entire faction challenge and got 8 RP on the final challenge, and assuming you did 4RP per day, you end 12 short of a normal month. Also remember partial rewards that existed before journey are still gone. So you have to win more to get less.

I read your previous post and even though the math is right, I do not think it is right to assume that the quests can be easily rushed regardless of the play style (casual vs hardcore).

For someone who plays for 2 RP daily like me, the quest to play Auberon 10 times cannot be done in one day as it alone requires at least 10 games to be completed. If I stick to my casual 3-4 matches per day, this quest alone takes three days to complete (which it has by the way).

The loss of a few RP does not affect me much but I like to play different decks and the fact that all rewards were locked behind this challenge is what bugs me the most.

As a new player, my plan is to play just like I did before - for fun. If fun isn't aligning with quests, then it means that I will lose out on RP rewards.
I don't see myself paying ransom for "Intrigue Pack" with cards for quests or spending time playing without having fun.

I really think that Gwent is amazing, CDPR did amazing job with this game, I don't want to be turned off from it, so I'm sticking to fun.

I read your previous post and even though the math is right, I do not think it is right to assume that the quests can be easily rushed regardless of the play style (casual vs hardcore).

For someone who plays for 2 RP daily like me, the quest to play Auberon 10 times cannot be done in one day as it alone requires at least 10 games to be completed. If I stick to my casual 3-4 matches per day, this quest alone takes three days to complete (which it has by the way).

The loss of a few RP does not affect me much but I like to play different decks and the fact that all rewards were locked behind this challenge is what bugs me the most.

My assumption is that you would just slap it down and leave. The 10 matches is 10 loading times to get into the match. You also get 10 good games if both players play 1 card before you leave.

My assumption is that you would just slap it down and leave. The 10 matches is 10 loading times to get into the match. You also get 10 good games if both players play 1 card before you leave.
I did it in my last two games, because I saw a lot of people doing exactly that and figured that would give me the credit for the quest as well. To my surprise, I did get GG's on my "abandoned" games.

As a side note, what was the idea behind this quest? To "incentivize" players to craft the legendary cards and dry pass on the first round for 10 straight games?

After a long time I finally went back to playing Gwent, I liked what I saw and started to play it again, I even bought the Journey's premium package, now I feel like I have thrown that money away.

Not everyone have so many hours to play, i need to work, i need to study, i need to do other things too, in Gwent i could play a few matches a day and still get points to progress in the game, get new cards and create new decks, a little slow but possible, now with this new "reward" system this is almost impossible, much more time is needed to get resources just to reach those players who already have all the cards, and not everyone has decks or even the cards needed to complete these stupid quests , there is no place even to play with the factions I want, just the factions the game wants me to play because of the quests.

I convinced three friends to play Gwent in the last few months, they all have abandoned the game already because they are no longer able to progress enough to match the veteran players.

When the game launched on Steam I defended it from many reviews that accused it of being pay to win, and now the game is becoming exactly what I said it wasn't , new players will not stay in the game, intermediaries will abandon it again, only old players will remain, and this is how a multiplayer game dies.

the DAILY WINS COUNTER IS BUGGED AND IS CONSTANTLY ROLLING BACK WTF CDPR?
1st u dont give me the CP you owe me, and now you're taking it away slowly?

I don't suppose you know how to count ei??

Last edited:
Top Bottom