GEAR and Crafting: Clothing, Armor, and doohickeys...

+
It's possible, but why not present this to player more intuitively than Lvl numbers?

I'll never understand this. You can see how passionate devs are and time and effort that goes into creating these believable, authentic worlds, down to the smallest details...and then they add these MMO features that, to be blunt, piss all over it.

Why not use implant to you this information: threat assessment based on physical/mental/etc condition, training and available technology. But no levels: npcs, quests or equipment.

It just feels so jarringly out of place.
I already partially addressed this in another thread, but I genuinely don't understand the appeal and usefulness of adding arbitrary levels.
In terms of appeal, as already pointed several times, it just ends making things more immersion-breaking and less contextually logical.
In terms of usefulness... Well, adding levels is actually usually more harmful than anything, especially if you are attempting to keep a non-linear structure.

And then you have tackled in solutions that attempt to "solve problems" that shouldn't have existed in the first place. "How do we solve the issue of the player becoming 40 times more powerful?". Well, what if we simply DON'T make him that powerful to begin with?

I mean, just look at Breath of The Wild. The game doesn't have any sort of character stats/stat growth whatsoever (aside from unlocking more health and stamina organically as you play) and yet the equipment alone is already powerful enough to break the balance in the late game.
Take Dark Souls (which uses levels very, very loosely): it's a game where no one could reasonably deny you are getting more powerful as the time goes, but it never reaches the point where you can go back, sit AFK o0r 30 seconds in the middle of two-three low level enemies and hope to come back and find your character alive.
It's also a game where you can theoretically go (almost) straight to end game content from the beginning and (while struggling a lot more) have a small but reasonable chance of victory.
This is the sort of balance a non-linear open world game should aim for.

Fuck to "Start the game with 30 HP and end it with 9999 HP" an thumbs up for "Start the game with 30 HP, end the game with 90HP and a lot more capable at dealing/avoiding damage".

"we want weapons to feel meaningful," sounds like the antithesis of borderlands/diablo loot philosophy. The fact that they're thinking about that is enough for me..

Wait, was it confirmed anywhere that weapons will be level based? Because so far I read that weapons are colour-coded according to their rarity.

The rarity in Cyberpunk (in the pnp at least) is classed as aviability (common, aviable or rare.... Or something like this, but you got the idea).

There are plenty guns/bullet types in cyberpunk.

While buying bullets would be common, stumbling over depleted uranium's bullet, which are really rare, would be very hard.

Some european weapons/items may be rare aswell, military weapons too.

It helps making the difference between common items (most of the time legals) and uncomon or rare one (because illegal or really hard to find).

Every same weapons of the same manufacturer have the same stat (an arasaka/militech shotgun will stay the same arasaka/militech shotgun), only mods would be accesories like scope or things like that, but beyond that it stays the same (so no time wasted over 5x the same shotgun, just a matter of what model you like the most)

Wait, was it confirmed anywhere that weapons will be level based? Because so far I read that weapons are colour-coded according to their rarity.

Yes, but are there different rarities within the same model?
For example...
Are all militech vipers blue, or can we find a blue militech viper smg and after a while stumble upon a purple militech viper smg?

I prefer Fallout 1-2 system when it comes to weapons, but it needs some rework, since Cyberpunk is aim-based.

Yes, but are there different rarities within the same model?
For example...
Are all militech vipers blue, or can we find a blue militech viper smg and after a while stumble upon a purple militech viper smg?

Nope, it's like...
A desert eagle remain a desert eagle, you may add a scope and some armored bullets or whatever, there aren't any specials edition or stuff like that.

The damage are linked to bullet types, not the gun itself, if it shots 9mm, it makes 9mm damage (scope or laser pointer just gives points to your accuracy)

Nope, it's like...
A desert eagle remain a desert eagle, you may add a scope and some armored bullets or whatever, there aren't any specials edition or stuff like that.

The damage are linked to bullet types, not the gun itself, if it shots 9mm, it makes 9mm damage (scope or laser pointer just gives points to your accuracy)
But you are just guessing here.
There's absolutely no confirmation of this, which is precisely why we are inquiring about this specific topic and asking a comment from the team.

I hope color code for weapons/equipments just for rarity (you can buy grey ones just simply go to random store, if you want green ones you need to visit a fixers for that. How difficult the weapon is to find on the market. Not same gun with higher damge, different and rarer weapon. )

And also I hope NPC lvls just for how much skilled and well equiped this NPC, not higher health lvl, higher damage with exactly same gun my own.

The rarity in Cyberpunk (in the pnp at least) is classed as aviability (common, aviable or rare.... Or something like this, but you got the idea).

There are plenty guns/bullet types in cyberpunk.

While buying bullets would be common, stumbling over depleted uranium's bullet, which are really rare, would be very hard.

Some european weapons/items may be rare aswell, military weapons too.

It helps making the difference between common items (most of the time legals) and uncomon or rare one (because illegal or really hard to find).

Every same weapons of the same manufacturer have the same stat (an arasaka/militech shotgun will stay the same arasaka/militech shotgun), only mods would be accesories like scope or things like that, but beyond that it stays the same (so no time wasted over 5x the same shotgun, just a matter of what model you like the most)

I hope it is similar in the game. So colour codes are not for the same weapons with different stats but are based more on availability of the item in the gameworld. And hopefully finding rare/legendary items is really meaningful and gives you a sense of accomplishment, as well as cool factor/street cred.

I hope it is similar in the game. So colour codes are not for the same weapons with different stats but are based more on availability of the item in the gameworld. And hopefully finding rare/legendary items is really meaningful and gives you a sense of accomplishment, as well as cool factor/street cred.
If this is how it's implemented I'm all for it.
But if it's your typical 10,000 varieties of the same weapon each with a different minor tweak I'm VERY VERY unhappy.

Do we really need colour codes for rarer items. I would expect to see thousands of cheap .38 specials floating around, but very few cyber-linked atomic powered railguns. Players will learn quickly enough what items are rare based on their availability and street value without the need to colour them.

Do we really need colour codes for rarer items. I would expect to see thousands of cheap .38 specials floating around, but very few cyber-linked atomic powered railguns. Players will learn quickly enough what items are rare based on their availability and street value without the need to colour them.

Personally I don't find colour codes feature to be intrusive or taking away anything from the game. It's rather harmless. It also lets you manage your inventory a bit easier/faster so you spend more time in the game itself, not in inventory screen.

My concern is the FPS combat.

By it's very nature FPS is based on player skill, so character skills cannot be much of a factor.
So we have an RPG where character combat skills (typically a core factor in character design) either do not exist or aren't a significant factor in combat?

But if CDPR makes makes character attributes/skills a significant factor they disappoint/alienate the FPS fans who want standard "twitch", player skill based, combat.

I don't see a win here, no matter which way they go.

Deus Ex (2000) had shooting that was very heavily influenced by stats, so it can be done. For example, at lower levels of pistol skill, if you actually managed to steady the swaying aim long enough to put a crosshair over someone's head it didn't actually mean the bullet would go there anyway; you could see it veer off and miss by miles compared to where your sights were.

Player skill had some slight impact, but it was quite minimal and nowhere near as much as in something like the Witcher series. Whether they take that path is another matter (I don't expect the wildly swinging crosshairs), I'm simply saying that I've experienced that it's possible.

I'm not sure we need to be worrying ourselves about CDPR disappointing FPS 'twitch combat' fans when we have no reason to believe they are aiming for them in the first place....and no, I don't think that FPP automatically means that. I certainly never considered DX 2000 to be an FPS.

On topic - I have no problem with colour codes but would prefer not to see dozens of the same item but with different levels.

I share the same hope, in the interview (E3) with angry joe mike pondsmith said your inventory would evolve as the game runs out, learning new things, how to mix items etc...

You'll probably be able to trade items too, so I'd see the colors linked to things like that, so you don't trade a rare item by mistake, or be able to see the trash right on

Top Bottom