GEAR and Crafting: Clothing, Armor, and doohickeys...

+
As in injection or inhaler, of course it works near-instantaneously, but injections also wear off faster, unless the injection is only the carrier fluid and the drug is stored in depositories that slowly release it. That then too would take, similar to the patch, some time to kick in.
Can't be arsed to look up the PnP effects of the various combat drugs, but I'd imagine, much like an adrenalin dump, the effect would be short-lived. I'd imagine taking a hit either RIGHT before drawing your weapons to hose down that Yakuza meeting, or during the firefight, when you're pinned down and getting flanked, to buy you a few seconds of options and crystal-clarity.

The real problem with the PNP drugs is thAt Mike just really hates drugs...

The prices are absolutely ridiculous.... The idea of a single dose of a drug costing hundreds of dollars, but being so addicitve that anyone who tries it will instantly become addictive just really makes no sense... Especially not from a dealers point of view... Make drugs that expensive and the strung out junkies will just shoot you and take your stash. Not that there would be junkies in the first place, because no one would ever be able to afford the habit no matter how much they stole or what their job was.

I mean even heroin, arguably the most high end of street drugs, is only about 10-25 dollars a dose....

Meth and crack, the true narcotic scourges of our country, are so dirt cheap its laughable...

But the game wants me to believe homeless junkies are strung out on a drug that may cost them 1000eb (synthcoke) per dose? Da fuq?

Hell, Smash, which is little more than synthetic beer, costs 100eb for a bloody 6-pack....

In my game we just remove a digit entirely from the price of all drugs except speedheal, and even then the drugs are insanely expensive... but at least within the realm of possibility.

The real problem with the PNP drugs is thAt Mike just really hates drugs...

The prices are absolutely ridiculous.... The idea of a single dose of a drug costing hundreds of dollars, but being so addicitve that anyone who tries it will instantly become addictive just really makes no sense... Especially not from a dealers point of view... Make drugs that expensive and the strung out junkies will just shoot you and take your stash. Not that there would be junkies in the first place, because no one would ever be able to afford the habit no matter how much they stole or what their job was.

I mean even heroin, arguably the most high end of street drugs, is only about 10-25 dollars a dose....

Meth and crack, the true narcotic scourges of our country, are so dirt cheap its laughable...

But the game wants me to believe homeless junkies are strung out on a drug that may cost them 1000eb (synthcoke) per dose? Da fuq?

Hell, Smash, which is little more than synthetic beer, costs 100eb for a bloody 6-pack....
Agreed. The successful dealer wants three things out of their product:

- easily produced / mass produced
- inexpensive in bulk (to then flip it and sell at markup)
- highly addictive

I could see a designer / combat drug as being insanely expensive, since they SHOULD be difficult to get a hold of, but the common pharmaceuticals that the homeless guy on the street is using on the regular should be cheap and easy to get a hold of.

Yeah, I just laugh at drug prices in CP2020 and tell players they can buy whatever for almost nothing - roll Streetwise, please. Much simpler.

The PnP is definitely a child of the eighties.

The costs for street level drugs are beyond insane. Synthcoke even cuts out all the middlemen all the way down to Peru and Bolivia. If they are cooking that stuff up in the Zone it should be super cheep.

Don't even get me started on the addictive properties and side effects of these things. I don't know how you could talk anyone into that.

I like to see Hallucinogens UN-Demonized for the harmless teachers they are. I'd like to see them work even with Cyberoptics and working as one with the brain. From DMT to LSD to Peyote to the Magic Mushrooms. I'd like to walk around Night City just tripping.

As for health and stuff, I'd like to wilderness survival put to use by mixing certain plants and roots or whatever. Stims and painkillers on the battlefield are obvious.

For combat drugs, I'd like to see a variant of the Nazi's "D-IX." Fallout's version is Psycho. I'm sure we'll get something like that because A.) it's called Combat Drugs.

I just want to see FUTURISTIC drugs based on real life. Ask Alexander Shulgin to help, the godfather of ecstasy has written books and even invented hundreds of new psychedelics. 2C family and such. I would love that.

I like the idea of an "addiction" mechanic, similar to Fallout 3 / NV, where you incur penalties if you're not currently rolling on your recreational pharmaceutical of choice.

However, I'd like addiction to be harder to kick in CP2077, rather than going to the nearest clinic and paying your 50 or 100 eb.

The T-MAXX Cyberliver can help with that.

DON'T CALL THEM DRUGS!!! THERE AREN'T DRUGS!!!! IS MEDICAL POTIONS OK :D

I will like to see a famous drug in this world. Something different than just for health. Like the movie Looper or Dredd. not copying the same way of projecting it. But having a drug that can make me do something more.

Like for example, I am have my mech parts inside my body and let's say in this game there is a famous drug called "Good toxic" and It can be consume in 3 ways inhale it, inject it drinking it. and in my mech body can create this effects.

A. If i do have problems with whatever mechanic parts needs to recharge then I inhale it. and gives me some temporally one hour or two till I get to a medic or a black market or whatever I need to do for my fixed up. And the after effect can be less percent of each mechanic parts i have in my body to defend my self about 10% each attack I do. And can last this effect by two to tree hours during game, and can be fixed fast the after effect If I go to a black market doctor or a non underground doctor.

B. If i need some healing then I have let's say this drug is called "Recharger" gives me some health points for more durability during some battle or when i run away the police and i did get shot and Inject it in my body, and the reaction of that drug could be that the health that restore me for that amount of time. Is ended and the health goes back to the normal state when i was injure or shot (this could be implemented in hard mode)

C. When i need some extra durability or run faster for my legs to scape or do whatever I want. I could drink let's say this drug is called "Pro" It can give you some durability in battle and make you run faster and jump higher (if this game have some sort of jump thing kind of mech specs) and can have all of the options above, but it will be hard to find and will cost the double or the triple of money. Because the "Pro Drug" can give you double of what you need. But the after effects can be temporal lost of accuracy,medium last health(meaning when gangs or police shot you you will lost the 5% of health) so you have to play very intelligent your move in battle or fighting. And this after effect can last 3 hours of gameplay or how the hours past inside game.

All this options can be used in Hard mode.. or all modes I will really like to see some real effects and after ones. this are my Ideas of the drugs and his after and during using it effects. And for the how many hours the after effect are last long. Because It will be real to see and play as long as they last It would be no challenge if i get the after effects and I don't get to see how I will react in game or what happen.

Maybe something like NZT from the "Limitless" movie - a newly developed drug that lets you use 100% of your brain capabilities, turning you into a genius with four figure IQ...but has nasty side effects.

Maybe something like NZT from the "Limitless" movie - a newly developed drug that lets you use 100% of your brain capabilities, turning you into a genius with four figure IQ...but has nasty side effects.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=people-only-use-10-percent-of-brain
"Although it's true that at any given moment all of the brain's regions are not concurrently firing, brain researchers using imaging technology have shown that, like the body's muscles, most are continually active over a 24-hour period. "Evidence would show over a day you use 100 percent of the brain,""

In other words, the idea that we use only 10% of our brain is hogwash.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=people-only-use-10-percent-of-brain
"Although it's true that at any given moment all of the brain's regions are not concurrently firing, brain researchers using imaging technology have shown that, like the body's muscles, most are continually active over a 24-hour period. "Evidence would show over a day you use 100 percent of the brain,""

In other words, the idea that we use only 10% of our brain is hogwash.

Yeah, I know. So make it 586% then ;)

You do know that California is a desert right? You also know that Nomad's live outside of Night City? Stop acting like a newfag friend. :cool:

How about we don't act like the juvenile ass hats from 4/chan and not use any terms with the inclusion of "fag" or any of its derivatives in them.... Ok, lets be adults. There are plenty of perfectly acceptable profanities and denigrations you can use without sounding like a bigot.

Top Bottom