GEAR and Crafting: Clothing, Armor, and doohickeys...

+
"Taintboil"? Oh, well done, dripslit.

For drugs, I'd enjoy a pleasant little addiction-recovery mechanic. Just a cutscene would do, out of Trainspotting, or maybe aroom in a hospital/hostel, suitably horrible, that you go in, door closes, vision kicks out and you hear crying and begging and sobbing for ten minutes. Then some vomiting and you're out!

The Drugs need a cool screen effect like the potions in The Witcher ONE, that extrange and hallucinogen atmosfear was very cool, in the witcher 2 was worst, it's a minimal detail, but a cool detail, and the same with the alcohol

two examples

Drugs should be implemented but with the same favor as in the PnP. One game I remember playing that did this really well (albeit it was only one drug that did this) was fallout 2. I took jet like twice and i was addicted for more than half my playthrough. It sucked.

If the game is going to be true to form then yes every drug should have an upside/downside, withdrawals need to be severe and depending on drug, potency and quality. Designer drugs are a definite must with chemistry skills needing to be a game mechanic. I do remember that the drugs in 2020 made crack look like an aspirin so the effects in 2077 should be awesome but harsh and severe with physical and social consequences. This is a game aimed at responsible adults after all isn't it?

See, this taintboil knows the score... swearing and slurs should be used to make your speech sound awesome... not just lazy and classless.

I wouldn't call Anons classless, in a sense we are true cyberpunks really fighting the corporations and the system of today.

Whether they know it or not, anonymous is cyberpunk. 4chan has people that think like me, something dark and brooding. So if you really loved cyberpunk, you would appreciate the culture that has arisen from that special little place on the internet. I even refer to myself as an oldfag, nothing derogatory or homosexual about that. It's a word, if you let words have too much power over you then you let words control you.

Stop hating me because I hate star wars.

So anyways,

I'd like to have an RV aerodyne drug lab. Inside will be everything I need to make a wholesale amount of drugs. Dub it the Crystal Ship like Breaking Bad. Top of the line security because its a damned necessity. Have a mattress on the floor so I can sleep wherever I don't have to pay for parking. Of course, you'd have to have a pretty high INT to be making drugs with purity. Purity being the keyword here.

Also, MARIJUANA. I'm going to need it in the game so my pixels can get high.

Mod edit: Stick to discussion about the game please.

The Drugs need a cool screen effect like the potions in The Witcher ONE, that extrange and hallucinogen atmosfear was very cool, in the witcher 2 was worst, it's a minimal detail, but a cool detail, and the same with the alcohol

two examples

i liked that too in the Witcher

Drugs should be implemented but with the same favor as in the PnP. One game I remember playing that did this really well (albeit it was only one drug that did this) was fallout 2. I took jet like twice and i was addicted for more than half my playthrough. It sucked.

So anyways,

I'd like to have an RV aerodyne drug lab. Inside will be everything I need to make a wholesale amount of drugs. Dub it the Crystal Ship like Breaking Bad. Top of the line security because its a damned necessity. Have a mattress on the floor so I can sleep wherever I don't have to pay for parking. Of course, you'd have to have a pretty high INT to be making drugs with purity. Purity being the keyword here.

Also, MARIJUANA. I'm going to need it in the game so my pixels can get high.

Ehh, unlikely on two points. The Gang of Four released a bioplague that wiped out most of the plants that can be used in illegal drug manufacture, that's including the canabis. Second, Aerodynes are expensive to maintain. The cost of fuel is staggering, these things are not built to fly, they use vectored thrust engines and brute force them selves into the air. Now a RV zeplin on the otherhand going from rooftop to rooftop is anoither question. Especially if you hide out in the new combat zone where the old Corp plaza was.

Ehh, unlikely on two points. The Gang of Four released a bioplague that wiped out most of the plants that can be used in illegal drug manufacture, that's including the canabis. Second, Aerodynes are expensive to maintain. The cost of fuel is staggering, these things are not built to fly, they use vectored thrust engines and brute force them selves into the air. Now a RV zeplin on the otherhand going from rooftop to rooftop is anoither question. Especially if you hide out in the new combat zone where the old Corp plaza was.

Ahhh, like the Punknaught. It didn't necessarily have to be flying around all crazy, just lifted off the ground.

Also, I don't want to live in a future without WEED IRL and if making drugs ourselves is hard then we'd have to rely on imports & clones which might or might not be cheap. What about the Fixers and the drugs already in the game? If anything, this Gang of Four needs to be retconned.

Ahhh, like the Punknaught. It didn't necessarily have to be flying around all crazy, just lifted off the ground.

Also, I don't want to live in a future without WEED IRL and if making drugs ourselves is hard then we'd have to rely on imports & clones which might or might not be cheap. What about the Fixers and the drugs already in the game? If anything, this Gang of Four needs to be retconned.

The Gang of Four is the reason why America is the way it is, no way to remove them, but by 2007 they are gone, removed by executive order. The Gang of Four was, CIA, FBI, NSA, and the DEA. They still exist in a fassion, but no where near the authority they had.

Hmm...yeah. Drugs do rather go hand in hand with Cyberpunk. I would suggest a system similar to the way they are handled in the Fallout series. You take them, you get a boost of some sort. The first couple of times, you're ok...but repeated use brings higher risk of addiction. Addiction means that your dose either doesn't last as long or doesn't give as high a boost and when it wears off, you suffer penalties to attributes and/or skills. From that point, you can either suffer cold turkey for a specified time or seek medical treatment to help combat the addiction. I think some creative way of displaying and dealing with the effects of withdrawal would be in order here...>:)

I`m seeing a few references to drugs that are NOT in game. Please fellas let`s keep the topic of drugs to in game use ONLY . I don`t care what you do in your personal affairs but keep it out of the forum .

Back slowly away from the thread, gentlemen. The inevitable has occured and we have strayed into VERBOTEN TERRITORY. At least in the States. Well, most of them.

Going to be interesting to have discussions like this in the next few years as the world changes around us and acceptable subjects morph as well. Or don't.

Many of the things we talked about 25 years ago as we played, including the then-thriving War on Drugs, have changed so much. By 2077, I can barely imagine. Can CDPR?

Considering what is in 2020 already and how they are administered sure, done in a fashion like fallout as has been mentioned. Types well there is a huge list already in the books, with more introduced and other forms. Electronic / Biotech. ..all sorts of creative ways can be introduced.

As for healing, with speedheal and nanosurgeons and enhanced antibodies and a few others....add in marvels of modern medicine bone/tissue glues and dermal staples.
Instant heal drugs are needed for video game survival most of the time, since days or weeks of recovery would be needed otherwise.

I think pain / stimulants or boost would be more realistic than instant regeneration though, go get patched up after. IF you survive.

I just don't want CDPR to treat the subject with kid gloves. The idea of addiction is already hinted at with brain dancing. It could easily be the underlying theme, when augs and chemical enhancement are thrown 50 yrs into the future and stirred up with political machinations. Just thinking about what they achieved in TW2 in this context has me salivating. Giving gamers such a fucked up vision where the character can actually become addicted and suffer the euphoria as well as the repercussions...has any game ever taken that idea to the fullest extent?

* disclaimer: I don't do or condone drug use. In a game though, all is fodder for the writers. To experience this on a level I never would in real life, to take me out of my comfort zone... enlightening to say the least.

Well the war on drugs is what helped the Gang of Four gain power. They didn't know about the war on terror.

Top Bottom