Geforce experience settings for gtx 980

+
Geforce Experience doesn't (in my experience) set the settings for 60fps. From the latest Benchmarks i have seen i guess You can expect something like 35-45fps. Maybe even lower.

Right click on "The Witcher® 3 - Wild Hunt" shortcut -> Properties.
Check where the game is installed.
[From GF Experience] Preferences -> Games
Click the + icon on the right side of the screen and add the root directory where the game is installed

Right click on "The Witcher® 3 - Wild Hunt" shortcut -> Properties.
Check where the game is installed.
[From GF Experience] Preferences -> Games
Click the + icon on the right side of the screen and add the root directory where the game is installed

Hmm, tried this in steam, but unlike the installed games properties is not appearing. Though I've never preloaded a game before so might that be why? Or does this mean the game hasn't properly preloaded? It does say pre load completed, but obviously also says content encrypted if you try and press the preload/play button. I'm assuming this means it has but as I have zero experience with preloading I defer to people who do...

I had the same problem earlier, I removed C:\GOG Games from the properties in game search and added it back in. I then refreshed the games list and Witcher 3 showed up.

If it's a Steam copy you need to add the Steam installation folder in GF Experience. IIRC Steam installs gamefiles there.

Steam is one the default directories GEForce Experience pulls from

Beat me to it :)

And yet still nothing... I've also tried removing the steam folder from GE and then re-adding it, no luck...

Don't suppose this might be a steam specific problem? Or have others managed to use GE with a steam copy and should I be worried....?

I have a i5 3570k 3.4 Ghz
8 GB ram at 1833
256 GB SDD

I thinking about buying the 980. Do you think it's possible to get the same level of details as OP? I will most likely turn down shadows to medium or even low. I have never been able to see much of a difference in that regard?

Or maybe I should go for two 970s in SLI?

Well I assume you have the latest driver for TW3 and the latest GE. Mine started working today with the newest driver. Didn't notice if GE was updated too because that might make a difference. Other than that the might be some conflict with Steam.. Don't have any Games installed in Steam so can't test right now.. sorry.

This is for a 970:

So how bout with a EVGA Geforce 970 GTX FTW ACX 2.0 Edition? :X

And what is depth of field?

And does anyone here playing with vsync enabled since it will soak all the fps..?

8 GB ram at 1833
256 GB SDD

I thinking about buying the 980. Do you think it's possible to get the same level of details as OP? I will most likely turn down shadows to medium or even low. I have never been able to see much of a difference in that regard?

Got basically the same setup with GTX980 but no SSD.

This is what my GeForce Experience says:

8 GB ram at 1833
256 GB SDD

As for now the game doesn't take VRAM more than somewhere between 2-3 GB so 970 SLI would be the way to go if you have the PSU for it. The VRAM situation might change in the future and most likely with newer games. This is just my opinion from the current specs we know ftom this game so far. Not my place to tell you where to spend your money :)

Well I assume you have the latest driver for TW3 and the latest GE. Mine started working today with the newest driver. Didn't notice if GE was updated too because that might make a difference. Other than that the might be some conflict with Steam.. Don't have any Games installed in Steam so can't test right now.. sorry.

Updated the driver as soon as it was available, GE is updated. Damn. Oh well, thanks for trying, and if anyone has a steam copy and manages to get it to work please let me know, I'm curious to see how an i7 4790 with 2x970s in SLI will fare...

derage thats with 970 sli?

I'll let you know if I ever get GE working ;)

And what is depth of field?

Copy&Paste from nvidia:
Depth of Field
The Depth of Field setting adds subtle out-of-focus blurring to distant detail, which can help mask aliasing and lower-detail game elements seen on the horizon when using relatively low resolutions like 1920x1080 (the quality of distant detail increases greatly with the resolution, as in just about every other game).

Copy&Paste from nvidia:
Depth of Field
The Depth of Field setting adds subtle out-of-focus blurring to distant detail, which can help mask aliasing and lower-detail game elements seen on the horizon when using relatively low resolutions like 1920x1080 (the quality of distant detail increases greatly with the resolution, as in just about every other game).

Weird thing is that on the Nvidia page you can see the interactive slider, I don't even see any difference..

Or actually, I couldn't see it on the first image, the second one you can see a slight change in the mountain range.
I'm gonna leave it off as it is anyway, I just get annoyed by things that blur out if I look straight at them (like motion blur or distance blur).

Last edited:
Top Bottom