Gender-free Romance Petition

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is keeping anyone down and matter of compassion this is not. That I can't romance say, Judy as male V, has nothing to do with game lacking anything or ignoring heterosexual / players who prefer to play male V players. It has to do with writing a character whom has her own goals and preferences outside of player characters sphere of influence. Very good writing so to say.

Exactly. What OP is requesting is pretty much that the gameworld shifts in its angles to the players preferences no mater what the devs had in mind at its creation.

Hey all,
This probably won't make a difference, but you never know and it never hurts to ask, so I've started a petition to remove gender restrictions from the game's romance options.

On one condition. I want the total freedom that Fallout 2 had. I want to be able to kill anyone and everyone that I want to including my romance option, kids, strangers etc.

I also want the capability to reject and insult anyone and everyone that I want to insult. And I want the capability to not include in quests, missions etc. anyone that I don't like for whatever reason.

Somehow I doubt if you would agree to this.

No one is keeping anyone down and matter of compassion this is not. That I can't romance say, Judy as male V, has nothing to do with game lacking anything or ignoring heterosexual / players who prefer to play male V players. It has to do with writing a character whom has her own goals and preferences outside of player characters sphere of influence. Very good writing so to say.

Nor does it have anything to do with "outdated gender restrictions."

Being able to express your own identity, while also removing all identity, are mutually exclusive.
Post automatically merged:

Similar to "completionists" and folks who must "save scum" in order to craft items item with max slots, and those who can only play "min/max" builds. I think most of the conflict here comes from within. From restrictions they place upon themselves and nothing that anyone else is doing to keep them down.

Last edited:
Nor does it have anything to do with "outdated gender restrictions."

Being able to express your own identity, while also removing all identity, are mutually exclusive.

And what if my identity is be be a cyberpsycho and kill them? Why is one "identity" OK and not all?

And what if my identity is be be a cyberpsycho and kill them? Why is one "identity" OK and not all?
I'm sorry but are you honestly trying to equate wanting romance options that more faithfully mirror the trans, gender neutral, and gender nonconforming experience with... wanting the ability to "identify" as a murderer??? If this isn't the mother of all bad faith arguments I honestly can't imagine what is...

I can tell if most of you people either didn't read all of my responses throughout this thread and are just knee-jerk responding, sans context, or you're just here to try and get a rise out of me for daring to suggest that anything other than a gender binary structure might be a desirable option for a top tier game... either way, I think you might want to pause a moment and ask yourself why this is so important to you? It honestly seems like a waste of your time to even be here.
Post automatically merged:

Truthfully, I think the best thing that could happen to this thread, at this point, would be for the moderators to lock it and then nuke it from orbit, just to be sure.

I respect CDPR's vision for each character and in my opinion, if feels little like non-consensual violation of a character's gender preferences to force them into something they're not about.

I mean, it doesn't feel icky to want to force someone to do something?
yeah, it's game and these are just bits and bytes and pixels, but ... why not play the preferred gender of each character? Why not adapt instead of forcing a digital slave to do your digital bidding?

:)

I'm gonna have to say no on this one. I would definately have no issue with there being even more romancible characters so that the pool is larger. But I actually like this orientation preferences.

Last edited:

Since no one responding to this thread seems to have bothered reading through it before spouting off, I'm just gonna leave this video right here, just to add a little bit of positivity back to this whole thing.

Thanks for your time. I'll just be here hanging out in the totally LGBTQIA future while you all relitigate hot grapes or whatever.

Hey all,
This probably won't make a difference, but you never know and it never hurts to ask, so I've started a petition to remove gender restrictions from the game's romance options. If you have the time and inclination, would you mind taking a look, signing and/or maybe sharing on social, etc?
Thanks for your time, chooms!

No, if you want to ask something create a poll here on the forums, why would I go to an external site to cast a vote, when the forums have polling feature?

I agree that the sexual orientation of characters should stand as is but we seriously need to up the count from 1 per orientation to two that means 4 new charaters that are romanceable and 8 in total, i doubt that will ever happen though. The lack of choice is a bit weird but likely lack of time was the issue (like everything in this game) that caused this out come.

I agree that the sexual orientation of characters should stand as is but we seriously need to up the count from 1 per orientation to two that means 4 new charaters that are romanceable and 8 in total, i doubt that will ever happen though. The lack of choice is a bit weird but likely lack of time was the issue (like everything in this game) that caused this out come.

but lack of time is kinda a theme with Cyberpunk 2077.. you are running out of time because chip is killing you.. so you don't really have time to fall in love left and right... romance options right now, feel organic with the story... both Panam and Judy are important characters you meet within the main story, while Kerry and River are part of side missions you might not even start on some playthroughs..

It won't. They've already said there will be no story changes. The romance arcs and their corresponding character's preferences are part of the story.

If it really bothers you that much, go to Nexus and find a mod that suits you.
Actually there is zero indication of a 100% confirmation on Judy's sexuality in game, and if honest that's probably CDPR's biggest blunder.

Last edited:
Actually there is zero indication of a 100% confirmation on Judy's sexuality in game, and if honest that's probably CDPR's biggest blunder.

What about your sexuality? Do you announce it 100% clearly to everybody you meet just in case that person clould start an attempt to check you out?

Perhaps you want CDPR to make Judy wear a "dont hit me with your stick" T shirt?

What about your sexuality? Do you announce it 100% clearly to everybody you meet just in case that person clould start an attempt to check you out?

Perhaps you want CDPR to make Judy wear a "dont hit me with your stick" T shirt?
One small difference, It's a game not reality thus shouldn't need to conform to the same rules as reality, I feel this is a concept that has been forgotten in this industry.

In other words - everyone should be bi. Yeah, no, this was addressed a hundred times already. No one is changing anyone. Respect the writers and their artistic vision when creating these characters.

This topic shouldn't be up for discussion anymore, ever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom