Gender locked hairstyles.

+
For female V, some hairstyles that were previously exclusive to NPCs can be used after 1.6, including those that were previously available to female NPCs but are limited to male V in character creation. Some male NPCs have female V hairstyle, for example, a common man (hair 05), a homeless man (hair 12), a Tyger Claws man (hair 33), a 6th Street shotgunner (hair 29).

When I watched the replay of the 1.6 live steam, I thought that the male would be the same as the female (if I didn't miss anything), and I was disappointed when I entered the game. The only bright spot for me is Saul's hairstyle.

Since there are some 1.6 new hairstyles that are unisex, why not just lift the gender limitation on hairstyles? At present, though mods can be used to do this, most of the female hairstyles will clipping when used on male. Male V can have vagina, female V can have penis, even nail painting (I know that male and female are modeled differently for heads, but male and female hands are also modeled significantly differently) and makeup are unisex (if I remember correctly), why only hairstyles?

I'm not in a hurry for CDPR to implement this right away, just hope it will come true in the future.

The reason I say this is that, on this forum and on Reddit, I'm not the only one who thinks male V's hairstyle options are poor. Some people may want to create an "offbeat" male V, but the hairstyle options limit that considerably. It would be pointless to do this when everything else is unisex. Currently, there are still some female NPC hairstyles that can only be used by male V, such as hairstyles 04 (common in female NPCs) and 24 (Zaria Hughes)

Last edited:
All the hair styles and romance options should be gender neutral, nothing should be gender locked in the game. I don’t understand why you can mix voice, body, and genitals. And not hair or romance options

Last edited:
All the hair styles and romance options should be gender neutral, nothing should be gender locked in the game. I don’t understand why you can mix voice, body, and genitals. And not hair or romance options
It's a rather odd design choice IMHO.

Last edited:
I really want to romance both Judy AND Panam so we can be a trio of women! My bed in my apartment is big enough as well for 3 people! :sleep:

That's what Mods are for. I think this subject has been discussed often enough already but the Devs obviously can't make changes to cater to every personal choice or whim that we players come up with. There are two character models, male and female, that are clearly different from each other and that includes their head. It's unlikely anything will be unisex because that's much harder to do even though it sounds simple on paper. I think them just adding more hair variety for both sexes is the most practical approach and even that is a slim possibility at this point.

Top Bottom