[GENERAL] Dicepoker, Drinking, Fistfighting

+
I didn't do "A game of dice" on my first gameplay but follow the phases on my 2nd gameplay. I'm in Act IV and my sharper players are Dandelion, Chireadan and the gambling ghost. I happen to meet the gambling ghost first and defeated him. Dandelion and Chireadan don't have gambling options and there's no dialogue option to get into gambling o_O Any idea why?

PetraSilie said:
I didn't do "A game of dice" on my first gameplay but follow the phases on my 2nd gameplay. I'm in Act IV and my sharper players are Dandelion, Chireadan and the gambling ghost. I happen to meet the gambling ghost first and defeated him. Dandelion and Chireadan don't have gambling options and there's no dialogue option to get into gambling o_O Any idea why?
It could always be a bug, I guess, but are you good enough at dice poker that Dandelion will even consider you as an oppponent? I don't know whether Chiredean is picky about that, too, as I always got the option with him.

PetraSilie said:
I defeated all dice opponents in Act III so I think Geralt is on par with the Act IV dice players.
Hmm... if you defeated the sharper in the gambling den, Dandelion should be willing to play with you. At least that was the case during my games. What is the last entry in your quest log for this quest?

hmm.... Geralt has the rank "professional player and his last entry is "Is there a better player like me?" ;D Dandelion has no gambling option either.Maybe I missed a prof in Act 3 cos I didn't know? o_O If this is the case, the gambling ghost shouldn't be available as an opponent?

PetraSilie said:
hmm.... Geralt has the rank "professional player and his last entry is "Is there a better player like me?" ;D Dandelion has no gambling option either.Maybe I missed a prof in Act 3 cos I didn't know? o_O If this is the case, the gambling ghost shouldn't be available as an opponent?
In Act III I had Velerad, de Wett and the sharper at the gambling den whose name I can never remember. Since the gambling ghost is part of the Alvin quest (if you made the appropriate choice in Act III), I assume that he's always available as an opponent. Having said that, i just remembered the female gambler at the country inn... perhaps you can use her to practise a little? (And no, I don't think there's a card for her ;) )

I defeated in Act III the same persons and the hierophant from the druids grove. When I defeated the sharker at the gambling den the fournal got an update.Yes, played with the girl and defeated her in Murky Water's inn. The gambling ghost is stll alive, I chose Shani this time in Act. III

Zoltan spends parts of his days in Vivaldi's house (don't remember what times he shows up there or leaves).

Danlo said:
Danlo said:
I'm nearing the end of Chapter/Act 2 (found out that raymond isn't who he is) but I have yet to meet this Munro Bruys gambler... I've been visiting the inn during day and night but no luck. Any idea how I can find him to complete the dice quest for this chapter?
He sleeps in the Hairy Bear Inn were the fighters are - if you try waking him he says "come back in the morning" - I've never been in the Hairy Bear when he isn't there. Trying to Zoltan (now there's a name that rings bells but can't think from where) after first meeting him in the Hairy Bear is hard cos he just goes a wandering
You're likely thinking of the Fortune Teller machine found in arcades.http://www.pinballrebel.com/fortune/zoltan/zoltan_c.jpg~ Roxy

Well I can't figure out which key or timing to use to actually make contact and do damage. I keep trying to fight Butter Bean and he keeps kicking my rear end. I have seen some sort of bar show up between the two of us during the fight, but I can't figure out how to make use of the event. On the last time he and I fought I finally started doing damage, but he finished me off before I could figure out what I had done to cause him damage. I'm punching and blocking, but I found that the yellow power bar runs down pretty fast it you keep blocking. HELP. Are there different key combos besides just clicking the action or strike key and the block key? Or do I just keep trying to stay close and move around and punch a lot?

blaine39 said:
Well I can't figure out which key or timing to use to actually make contact and do damage. I keep trying to fight Butter Bean and he keeps kicking my rear end. I have seen some sort of bar show up between the two of us during the fight, but I can't figure out how to make use of the event. On the last time he and I fought I finally started doing damage, but he finished me off before I could figure out what I had done to cause him damage. I'm punching and blocking, but I found that the yellow power bar runs down pretty fast it you keep blocking. HELP. Are there different key combos besides just clicking the action or strike key and the block key? Or do I just keep trying to stay close and move around and punch a lot?
I find it pretty easy here in chapter 4. Much Easier than the previous 3 chapters! I can just hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, instead of having to dodge all the times. The only one that can get a punch in i the one who gives the least amount of prize money!The bar that shows up between you comes because you are holding down the left mouse button. if you release it Geralt ill try to hit the dude, sometimes making a combo. However if you hold the button down for too long the opponent might hit you! So my advice is just punch him once, dodge by using the right mouse button, punch, dodge, punch, dodge... With a full healthbar you are able to win this one easy. :)

I never had problems with the fistfights. You just have to click left-right-left-right.. the timing doesn't matter. I later found out that i don't need to wait for the fighting animations, just pressing left-right-left-right without delaying works fine.

I think the easiest improvement that can be made to make the AI slightly more realistic is to stop them from throwing away a winning hand.Also I don't think you need that much money in the game. I finished the game with 11k+ leftover (plus Foltest's reward). Just do most of the side quests, noticeboard quests, and hunt trophies.

Danlo said:
Trying to Zoltan (now there's a name that rings bells but can't think from where)
ZOLTAN! /makes the gestureI'll give you a hint. They're not bubble wrap, they're "interstellar jumpsuits" ;P

Just a random idea I had. What about a mini game in which you ran while drunk. Depending on the side to which Geralt leans you need to compensate to keep him standing.hen by keeping him tilted slightly forward he moves but you still need to keep him from falling on his face of sideways.And then even bumping into competitors can set their or your own balance off which can then be used strategically.

and then you gotta dodge the city guards with breathalyzers... now THAT'D be a good game

lol yeh take your horse and buggy through the breathos :D and then get in a high speed chase cause ur wasted :beer:

To build on to this idea a little, the area that is used could be outside the bar or inside. Inside would likely be the most fun. By including physics with chairs and tables it could be quite a laugh bumping things over or tripping and busting your(or others) head/s against a wall an such.Have a roudy crowd :D :eek: cheering everyone on as well as laughing their asses off when bumping into each other or falling :wall:.There could also be a quest with Dandilion and your other friends doing the race, excellent opportunity to have some really funny dialog and/or situation.I'm especially interested in occasions where one drunk will hit a table which would launch a beer mug into anothers face(be it a person in the race or the crowd) and again have people laughing themselves sick :dead: (maybe even literally ;D)Plus the winnings could be rather large therefore worth the effort because bystanders will bet on characters, as you make a name for yourself as the drunk racer or whatever then large amounts could be bet from both yourself and others. Well maybe in the next game. :beer:

Top Bottom