[GENERAL] Dicepoker, Drinking, Fistfighting

+
STGhost said:
I managed one in three full games so far, but I didn't think of taking a screen.
You can't make a flush with numbered dice, they don't have any suits - flush being five (cards) of the same suit.

I had my game with Foltest, lost 6500 orens :D Will reload and try again, obviously... I've found this to happen with most of the supposedly difficult players. They'll have ridiculous luck the first time you play them (breaking up three of a kind to get a full house on the reroll etc), but second time the cheat gets taken off and with their flawed AI, they invariably end up loosing.Does no one try upping the "bets" on the fistfights? All fistfighters will put up at least double their first offer and the tough fistfighters will go up to 50 instead of their proposed 20. And while it takes a little time, it's less than it takes to wander around killing stuff and harvesting plants and looting houses and then go back to find the merchant who will buy what you have, especially with the loading times added. In act1, you can get 50 easy orens from it which is quite decent money for act1. Act2 gets you 90 orens, act3 110, act4 180 if you bother fighting the wimp or 160 if you don't. All of it without loads and reloads of changing areas and leaving houses. That makes it easy money to me, given that you can fight them again next time you have to be in the inn :)

I think we all know the trick to fistfighting with: press right mouse button -> let opponent strike -> press left mouse button -> repeat.But I somehow do not think this is what was intended. There has to be another way.Has anyone any tips on how to play in a more fun way. - How do you use powerups?- How does one avoid being pummeled by amateurs like Fat Fred if you actually try to fight without "cheating"?- Make up your own tips and suggestions ;D

sikker said:
I think we all know the trick to fistfighting with: press right mouse button -> let opponent strike -> press left mouse button -> repeat.But I somehow do not think this is what was intended. There has to be another way.Has anyone any tips on how to play in a more fun way. - How do you use powerups?- How does one avoid being pummeled by amateurs like Fat Fred if you actually try to fight without "cheating"?- Make up your own tips and suggestions ;D
Rare to get my power attacks to work, but recently I think I did get it off and it won me the match. Also the combos do work, but I found that trying to click to get them to continue usually stopped Geralt instead of continuing the attack.I don't understand what you mean by "cheating" , you mean blocking then attacking? you don't even need to block, just punch over and over.Punch, punch, punch win.

sikker said:
I think the powerups are supposed to work same as the sword ones. The little pins around the fist icon turn yellow when you need to click for the next chained attack. But the actual window to chain the next attack is much smaller than the time the pins are yellow for suggests and is limited to more or less immedeately after they turn yellow. When you do get it right, a broad white arrow pointing towards your opponent appears and your next chained attack commences, simultaneously interrupting their attack. Someone with more experience replaying the game might be able to shed more light on this.If you don't want to do the hit-guard-hit-guard-hit-guard sequence until the guy drops, you can just hit and dodge (hit backwards or left/right twice) or hit and walk around instead. Feels a bit more like an actual fight when you fight like that and is certainly more entertaining but not as fast. And you have to be careful not to accidentily walk out of the fight-area, or you will forfeit the fight.

(Sorry for the bump)Forgive me if it's already been asked, but have any of you had a fist fighter die in the game? Act II hairy bear - a fighter (Butter Bean model) was fighting a Tough Fist Fighter and lay there dead on the floor. Toughy forever remained there dancing on the spot and didn't move out of the way for me to fight others. Made it tough to actually hit my opponent. Too, this carried over to Acti III in New Narrakort. Annoying bug (if it is one), but still sorta playable...Comments?

I've occasionally had other fighters get in my way, but not very often, and i've never had one actually die ... so while i cannot confirm or deny it conclusively, this is the first time i've ever heard a report of a fistfighter dying.i guess your Geralt is much tougher (or a better fistfighter) than mine! -- but, i've never pumped any of the fistfighting skills before ... so maybe that is the difference?

Nah, skills don't give a thing. The whole philosophy is hit/duck/ hit hit/duck/ hit hit and so on. U duck when the opponent delivers an attack and hit him in return. Two blows can be delivered safely

gamewidow said:
I've occasionally had other fighters get in my way, but not very often, and i've never had one actually die ... so while i cannot confirm or deny it conclusively, this is the first time i've ever heard a report of a fistfighter dying.i guess your Geralt is much tougher (or a better fistfighter) than mine! -- but, i've never pumped any of the fistfighting skills before ... so maybe that is the difference?
That's the thing though - I didn't kill him! I may have fought that guy previously, but I think it must be a bug - I found him dead on the floor on entering the hairy bear one day! I just wish the other guy went back to his corner so I can fight some others!!I don't ramp up the fightfighting techniques to gain an advantage; rather just to make the fight a little more entertaining. Hit-duck-hit IS rather tedious...Besides, I never had those skills when I fought in the Hairy Bear. Dunno what that's all about...

i think you might be confusing two npcs ... Coleman (informant and fisstech dealer) and Andrew Gablodda (fistfighter) share the exact same physical model. Coleman is the guy you find dead upon entering the Hairy Bear, but Gablodda is the fighter at the New Narakort Inn perhaps that's what happened ?

I'm no newbie. The dead body is a butter bean model, and is in the fight arena. No joke. I'll get a pic of the toughy "dancing" by his lonesome if you want.

I have a huge problem. I dont know how to gamble.My parants are mormons and I grew up in the church and though I woudnt be playing this game if I still was a good little mormon girl I have no idea how to play the dice game or ganble. I loose alot of money this way in game because I keep screwing it up.

Thread merged.I suppose gambling in game is different. Basically you first need to pic up a set of dice (Act I from the attackers of Zoltan, or Act II when talking to the prisoner). Nextly, you need to find someone to play with. Example would be Zoltan, Haren, Odo or Mikul in Act I. Talk to them and you'll get an option in the dialogue that looks like a few dice. Click that and you get to the gambling menu. There, you click the "roll the dice" in the bottom right corner and your dice are automatically rolled. Then your opponent rolls automatically.The aim is to get a higher hand than your opponent has, and you can change your dice once (re-roll select dice by clicking them) and then clicking the roll the dice button again (not selecting any and clicking means you keep your dice without reroll). A brief hierarchy is:NothingPairTwo pairsTripleFive-High-Straight (1,2,3,4,5)Six-High Straight (2,3,4,5,6)QuadrupleFull House (1 triple, 1 pair)Flush (5 same)When you and your opponent both have the same outcome, the higher dice win.To win against an opponent, you need to be the first to win 2 rounds.Hope that helps :)

What do you do when you get a straight in the first throw, say 12345, and your opponent has something lower. Or you get a full house. If you up the bet to continue, you have to reroll one of the dice!! Can't you just "stand" on that hand, i.e. not have to reroll, in order to progress to the next round?

gamewidow said:
i think you might be confusing two npcs ... Coleman (informant and fisstech dealer) and Andrew Gablodda (fistfighter) share the exact same physical model. Coleman is the guy you find dead upon entering the Hairy Bear, but Gablodda is the fighter at the New Narakort Inn perhaps that's what happened ?
Only when you let the scoia'tael take the goods from haren brogg in act I and have visit detective raymond in act II (after your escape from the sewers)As long as you don't have visit raymond coleman is still alive and will be in the hairy bear.

I've beaten Haren, Mikul and Odo in poker games, but the quest journal wont update. It still says I've beaten only Mikul and Haren, and need to look for more opponent.How can I fix this?

Top Bottom