[GENERAL] Difficulty Settings and Flaming Sword

+
Max stamina/int/igni and everything is a breeze. Spam igni, everything dies. Tawny owl+petri too.

Manual says that you only get this thing in easy mode. I'm playing intermediate, have gotten to act 2 and still have it.Was it patched into higher difficulties or something?

RESURRECTION!!! ;D Hi there, I've just popped in for a while to check what's up. There have been some changes, patches... Any increase in challenge, does anyone knows? Good mods perhaps?

I think that instead of giving opponents more hp and dmg it would be really entertaining if enemies would gain more unique abilities (like stun and so on) on higher levels of difficulty and some resistance to magic; it would be especially cool if resistance and abilities would randomly vary among creatures of the same kind - you would have to adjust tactics not only to different enemies but to different occasions. I'm for legendary level too!

So I was reading through the instruction manual after I bought my enhanced edition and it seems that on hard you don't get the little flaming sword to tell you when to click again to get the combo for attacking...but that can't be right...I haven't palyed all that much but in the demo and the bit of the full game I have played there is NO way you can tell when to click without that...surly they can't mean that.I mean I was considering trying to play the game through on hard but if you don't have that icon then I don't see how it can be even remotely possible.

there are 2 indicators aprart from flaming swords which notifies you about the right moment to continue attack sequence.first is orange sword trail,second is geralt furious roarif you'd like to play on hard difficulty with flaming sword you can find a fix in attachmentit will make all difficulty levels equal to hard. it means that you can play on easy or medium enjoying flaming swords and difficulty settings from hard.to install this little mod, place the file from rar in "the witcher/data/override/" folder. if override folder doesnt exist create it manually.this mod is part of my bigger mod which can be found following my signature linkhave fun

Ok read through this topic now since my post was moved here and can talk now that I can post again...(we have really active mods on this site). Anyway I think people here are talking at cross purposes. As an example I ask this question:What do you think is the purpose of a hard level?A. To provide a more difficult level for those who are familar with computer games to play through on their FIRST time through.B. To provide an expansion of the experience for people who have completed the game once and want to play it again.Depending on your answer you would design different difficulty levels, since as this is an RPG, if you have played it once you know where to go and what to do which would definitly make the game easier in itself.I am going to start playing the game thorugh for the first time, I will be playing it on hard mode. Would people be interesting in comments I have as I go along? I would start another topic for it but I expect it would be moved here if I did (see first sentance).

Top Bottom