General feedback on PC.

+
So, i pre-ordered the game on PC and put 30 something hours in it. Still far from finishing it, since i want to do all the side quests before getting to the end, but i have played enough to give some feedback, that you guys probably already heard tons about.

First, great work with the city! Few games have a map as full of details and feeling like a real place lie Night City does.

Great work with the music. I'm not a fan of eletronic, but it fits the setting like a glove.

Really like the selection of weapons available, but tech weapons feel very superior when compared to power and smart. Power i never saw much of a point, you don't control when ammo is going to ricochet and where, and smart homing feature is not nearly as efficient as i was expecting of it.

The monowire has a inconsistent hit detection. You might need to attack 2 or 3 times before the game starts registering the hits.

Character customization at the start is great but later you have no options to change? Add an option to access the character creator to edit the appearance when using mirrors.

When trying to get itens from the floor, many itens near walls are hard to get, and itens that fall under corpses after a fight simply won't register you spamming the action button to get it, even after moving the corpse.

The police needs a complete overhaul. The best word to describe it right now is primitive, GTA1 on the PS1 primitive.

I really like how slowly you make money at the start and how you never go off the chart with it, so you don't have the disconnect of being filthy rich in gameplay and having a plot around the character being poor.

The fact you can't browse the ripperdocs inventory while on the map is very inconvenient. I might want to save money to buy that epic cyberware later but then forget which ripperdoc had it. Making me run around the map just to find a specific item isn't what i call fun or even a way worth of spending my time with your game.

Crafting is a mixed bag. Haven't seen much of a point to it yet when you can get the weapons of every enemy you kill and keep being showered in them.
Ammo crafting need 2 buttons, "craft 1 box of ammo" and "craft until full". Right now there's a limit of how much ammo you can carry for each type of weapon and the game has nothing to indicate you are already maxed on that type and let you keep crafting ammo, wasting the resources and not getting the ammo.

Many of the side missions rely completely on text to tell their story. So if you don't stop to read it, you can keep clearing them like they were the random encounters you have on blue dots on the map. It really makes them feel like filler.

The forced first person perspective all the time is AWFUL. This is because V is not an avatar for the player, like the main character was in Dragon Age origins. V is his own person, with a personality, his own voice, his own way of talking, his own mannerism. It makes harder for me to connect with him because i can't see him expressing when he's happy, sad, nervous, confident, cocky, insecure, so on. It's also very awkward to watch characters speaking at the camera. I can only assume this was made to save on time to be able to release the game in a reasonable time, like it happened with Anthem...and you don't want to be compared with Anthem whenever you can avoid it.

Driving takes a while to get used to on a keyboard. It feels like the car have no grip on their tyres and you're always sliding.
The badlands make it almost impossible to drive in first person. The car jumps so much on the uneven terrain you're almost forced to used third person.
The racing side quest feels like anything but a race. NPC cars have a rubberband effect that won't let you build any distance from them, when they overtake you they start to go slower so you have the chance to catch up on them and the fact people are using guns is completely pointless since no one dies, and no cars explode no matter how many shots land, despite the fact that in normal gameplay cars will explode if you sneeze too hard near them.

That's pretty much it, i guess. I haven't found any game breaking bugs, i'm really enjoying the game but i also had no expectations to what it would be and didn't get on board of the insane hype train this game had going. The fact is a solid rpg makes me happy, but it's a very rough product still.

That's pretty much it, i guess. I haven't found any game breaking bugs, i'm really enjoying the game but i also had no expectations to what it would be and didn't get on board of the insane hype train this game had going. The fact is a solid rpg makes me happy, but it's a very rough product still.

Except it isn't an RPG. Fundamentally, it's a looter shooter. You should put some effort into watching the old gameplay trailers and read through the lists of features that aren't in the game or were cut prior to launch. That should change your perspective. This game is a 6/10 at best.

agree in most part with the wall of text, it's quite a detailed list, one of my gripes is looting, especially junk items on the floor, some simply cannot be picked up despite being an interactable object, a fix might be an auto loot junk option? if you're within a metre, agree with the customization, they can add barbers or tattoo parlours to deal with that, police..where do I start, probably the most disappointing thing I've encountered so far, as far as crafting goes, i looked at the skill tree for it, it's ok...and that's about it, nothing imho makes it worthwhile to persue, driving? more like ice skating..amirite?

you never played fallout 76 then?
Im skein with Bethesda online game they game have a lot Micro transection .Fallout4 is ok and Skyrim is best game I Ever play not with elder scrolls online or Fallout76 I think This generation online game Hard to find a good game allmost game have Micro transection.. except Monster hunter World This Is the best online game Now.

Im skein with Bethesda online game they game have a lot Micro transection .Fallout4 is ok and Skyrim is best game I Ever play not with elder scrolls online or Fallout76 I think This generation online game Hard to find a good game allmost game have Micro transection.. except Monster hunter World This Is the best online game Now.
sadly this is the way games are now, full priced games with mtx, such a sad state of affairs, I miss the 90's where games were shipped complete and no dlc

sadly this is the way games are now, full priced games with mtx, such a sad state of affairs, I miss the 90's where games were shipped complete and no dlc
I dont mind if it free to play game .I know developer need money to develop game But I lot game is pay 2 play game but I pay money for the play why I cant all accees a content in game some game have pay to win content it most horrible thing in game.and Gacha or loot box too it not a game it Gambilng and the the Gambiling noy pay back money .

Let's see I have 75 hours played and completed just about everything you can in the game for one playthrough of a story (all NCPD, side and story missions). I didn't take my time it was straight to the point mission to mission kind of playthrough. I have a pleather of good and bad things about the game during my playthrough. All of these bugs experienced were under the Corpo storyline, while I don't think these have anything to do with the life path it's worth mentioning just in case.

I'm just going to state the bad things that I've encountered. Since the good is an extremely long list and not really needed since they are already good.

Visual bugs -
After defeating bosses the bosses health bar will continue to stay on the top of the screen. Doesn't happen every time, but I've had it happen at least 5 times.

Trees in Santo Domingo when they "wave" in the wind would stretch across my whole screen.

If you have the crosshair setting on and you have a sight on your gun the crosshair will never disappear when you ads. This causes a major issue because your weapon will sway but the GUI crosshair is static. Makes you very inaccurate because you have to reference points.

Many times when I am quickly looting I will have a loot window with an item stuck on display. This will stay until I reset my game. I got it to go away once when I found the same item as the one stuck and picked the item up.

General flickering of textures on the street where the "paint" is for the lines. This is only noticeable if you happen to be looking down at the street for some reason. It's not everywhere nor is it a major issue but something to make note of.

General bugs -
When you toss a body down if the body were to be placed on an object (box, crate, wall, desk, etc) the body will go flying.

When you call your car in the city when it is busy with other vehicles there is a chance your car will spawn in another car making you have to run far enough away that you can spawn it again or spawn another vehicle.

Sometimes when you call-in your vehicle it will just show up like you rolled down the tallest mountain in the world.

Some items within the game show up as interactable however you can not pick them up because of where they are placed. ex. coffee on the ground, shelve, or table up against the wall

If you show up to a mission where you can not drive into the "mission area" it forces your vehicle to slow down and get out. When this happens when that section is over you will not be able to get in your car and drive away. You can get in, but once you try to move you're automatically forced out of the vehicle.

After beating the main story I called Rogue on the hollo and she literally teleported to me until our conversation was done and I walked away. Then she disappeared.

When you are sneaking around on different leveled surfaces such as a roof sometimes V will just fly off in the direction you were walking.

Audio bugs -

Every once in a while you will just get no engine noise from the car you're driving. Sometimes it comes back after 400m of driving, sometimes it never comes back and I have to reset my game.

When npcs talk to V 50% of the time they sound like they are talking to me on the holo instead of a normal voice next to me.

As stated above this happens when they should sound like they are on the holo but they sound like they are next to me.

Also for the two above sometimes npcs will be extremely quiet like I am far away from them even when I am next to them. Good thing for subtitles or I wouldn't catch some things that are being said.

If you are running through an area during a mission quickly where audio queues are npcs lines will stack on each other making it impossible to understand. They will say 3 lines in a 1 line space.

Last thing, this one isn't too important to me personally, but I'm sure it would be to many people. I'm on a Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.2gz with a 1080ti and I can run the game on max settings excluding ray tracing and DLSS getting 40-65fps. That is great; however, even if I turn the settings to the minimum the highest I've seen is 80s. Somethings is extremely wrong there and I'm not sure why. Even when I finished the main story and the credits were rolling I was still getting 50 something FPS.

I'm sure I encountered more than this I just can't think of anything else. This may seem like a lot of bugs, while it is none of these are game-breaking more of an inconvenience. I'm about to start my second playthrough with a different life path. If I remember, when I come across new bugs I will edit this post.

Quality of life -

A few things I would like to see a few things implemented later on.

Ability to select multiple items and sell all selected items in 1 click. Selling 1 by 1 is very time-consuming when you have a lot of items and not how I want to spend time in the game. Even if it were per tab that would be acceptable. Select all guns you want to sell then hit sell, melee weapons, consumables, etc.

As stated in the original post - Crafting ammo for your weapons should have two options craft one box of ammo and craft max ammo. For some reason, you have an ammo cap of 500 bullets for a pistol and rifle and 100 for a sniper (which is also stupid). Yet you can continue to craft ammo after you have reached the cap and you have no way of knowing unless you stop to look at your ammo count. This causes you to waste materials that should never be used. I want to emphasize the craft max ammo button because the click hold to craft again is not how I want to spend time in the game.

Fix driving in a couple of ways. First, when entering a vehicle zoom out the minimap so you don't constantly miss turns and crash or have to turn around to make that turn. Where it is now you have half a second to realize and e brake turn. Second, the driving itself is sloppy even on the most expensive cars the rear end slides out too much. In some of the cars even when you're weaving in and out of traffic the rear end will kick out making you have to counter-steer.

For the original poster -
Crafting is super OP later game. You can craft or upgrade weapons and armor far above the level which any NPC you kill can drop. For example, the pistol I used during this play though does something like 900dps silenced which kills 15% of your dps off the start. With perks I can crit hit over 18k. That is higher than any pistol that would be dropped by a NPC at my level (50) at least. Maybe if I were to play this character more eventually a drop would match it dmg wise, but not likely.

***EDIT***

I have now done a full second playthrough of the game and I do have a few more things that I missed in my original write up.

If you get into combat while talking with someone on the holo it'll end the holo once you get out of combat you'll holo them back. All fine, but if you trigger an instance or timed instance when someone would holo you during or after your out of combat you will have two people on the holo talking at the same time. So for example, NCPD holos you for help you get into combat holo closes, Panam needs your help and would holo you, but you're in combat. Once you're out of combat both NCPD and Panam will pop up and both will be speaking at the same time.

After fast traveling sometimes Car AI would be stuck in the ground. Wheels are underground with the rest of the vehicle above, but they are stuck.
- I do have video of this if needed

When calling your vehicle every once in a while it will completely avoid the player. I was chasing my own vehicle for a while then I just let it drive off and called it in again.

Killing AI against walls or barriers - when they die they will clip into the wall or barrier making it impossible to loot or pick up the body. If they clip into a barrier that is movable that barrier will fall down.

I fell through the map 3 times this playthrough. Unfortunately, these are seemingly random and I don't record during my play. The only common thing with these is climbing up onto a surface. If I remember correctly all three were climbing up onto what looks like a 45 degree angle and it will make the player slide off while the climb up animation is going and will send the player flying. I couldn't replicate these after getting it to happen once so I guess the player has to do just the right thing to make this bug happen.

When I got Panam's truck back she got in her vehicle still holding her sniper rifle. All animations were playing correctly other than a sniper rifle was still present in her right hand.
- I do have video of this if needed

After long playtime without quitting or resetting I will get audio errors where no one is speaking. They will call on the holo or I'll meet someone and they will talk, but say nothing out loud I have to read subtitles. This is fixed by saving your game, quitting to the main menu, and reloading your save file.

This one has happened to me now a few times...When I quit the game Cyberpunk.exe will still be running in the background processes. I will not be able to reload my game unless I force close CP through the task manager.

When Wakako calls you for the sinnerman gig she has no audio or facial movements. This happened twice through two different playthroughs.

All I have at this time. I will update as I gather more information.

Last edited:
So, after 80 hours with the game i finished it and got 4 endings and i got to say, my opinion on the game is much more negative now.

The story is fine, i enjoyed it, but looking back and seeing how little i could affect it makes me even wonder why i have to press the button to continue the dialog. From what people gathered, 98% of the choices you make in the game has no consequence, meaning they don't change anything besides the next sentence the other character will say. So why there's a dialog system at all? If i have a dialog option because of my attribute and it does nothing, why do i even need to have the attribute on that level to choose it? This stinks as a game that was rebooted mid development and as the result, it's full of undercooked features.

Speaking of undercooked features, stealth is meaningless in this game. Not only the skills you can acquire for it do little to help you, the game simply isn't designed for you to have it as a way of achieving your objectives. Stealth in the games that do it well is all about using your superior mobility to avoid the enemies, taking them down when necessary and when you can somewhat level up in those games, it gives you more mobility tools. Cyberpunk's "stealth" is about "how much damage can i put on a single shot to kill that target in one hit?". If that's your stealth system, i'll just make a shotgun build and run at the enemies and kill them, it works just as well and it's 10 times faster for the same result.

The character customization in this game is so poor it's a joke. Because you're locked to the first person view the only customization you'll see it's the melee weapon you choose for your arms and even when you can see your character, the cyberware equipment doesn't change your appearance. There's 0 cyberware options to change your character's appearance, in a cyberpunk game...that's like making a F1 game without cars.

Right now i would give this game a 4/10. Never mind the bugs and how bad it runs, the negative points of the game suck any excitement i could possibly have for a second run, because it's transparent how shallow the game is.

I was having fun, until patch 1.05, now i cannot play the game. I asked for help in steam forums, and aparently I got a lot of replies but now I cannot read them because they deleted my post. I want to ask for help in the forum, but I cannot ntil I reach 10 posts, so I will spam my story until I can finally ask for help in a proper post.
In general I was satisfied with the game, except maybe with the writing not being nearly as good as the witcher 3, and that stealth is useless because most enemies are immune to getting killed/non-lethal. I was expecting to run a silent killer/hacker and it is not possible, at least not at low level. I was happy until patch 1.05 rolled out, and now I can't play and my posts gets deleted so... now im not happy.

Patch 1.05 gave me 1 more side quest .... Whoopeee whatever. I still can't do any and I mean any of the Main Story Line Quests because I can't finish "RIPPER DOC". Nope the second I jack in at Viktor's and go to the cyber-ware screen... that's it; I'm done as my computer locks up and I can't leave the screen.

Patch 1.05 gave me 1 more side quest .... Whoopeee whatever. I still can't do any and I mean any of the Main Story Line Quests because I can't finish "RIPPER DOC". Nope the second I jack in at Viktor's and go to the cyber-ware screen... that's it; I'm done as my computer locks up and I can't leave the screen.

That's really unfortunate I haven't had any game-breaking bugs like this. Have you tried to back-up your save files and reinstall the game?

I was having fun, until patch 1.05, now i cannot play the game. I asked for help in steam forums, and aparently I got a lot of replies but now I cannot read them because they deleted my post. I want to ask for help in the forum, but I cannot ntil I reach 10 posts, so I will spam my story until I can finally ask for help in a proper post.
In general I was satisfied with the game, except maybe with the writing not being nearly as good as the witcher 3, and that stealth is useless because most enemies are immune to getting killed/non-lethal. I was expecting to run a silent killer/hacker and it is not possible, at least not at low level. I was happy until patch 1.05 rolled out, and now I can't play and my posts gets deleted so... now im not happy.

1) What happens after patch 1.05? You just stated you can not play, but not the reason. That would help pinpoint your issue.
2) I am stealthy all/most of the time. In fact I think stealth is way overpowered. You sneak in, you hack them, they can not see you. Instant kill. An open Firefight is way too deadly. 2 or three hits and you are done (on hard). The only issue I have is, that you need to do 2 actions to take down an enemy. But I guess it is for using them as living shields.
Take-Downs only do not work, if the opponent is too high a level. So maybe that is an issue.
So far I had only one issue pre 1.04 and that was that all light sources were off after the first Viktor Cutscene.

Cheers
Olaf

Last edited:
Top Bottom