[GENERAL] Hardest fight in the game. "Only read if you have completed the game"

+
Now I can say the really hardest fignt was for me in act III, killing the queen on difficulty hard, without using AARD on the supporting beams, and with brown oil, Quen and some other potions. After that almost in the same manner hard, was the combat against the kikimore-warriors (and the workers).

it was difficult for me to kill Archespore. He does alot of damage... and can poison you even if you have 50% poison resistance

the only ones i had trouble with were the big boss dog fight in act 1 (due to crappy programming and no attacking), the kikimore queen (i just didn't know what to do at first), and the grand master (became easy once i stopped trying to kill the ifrits).

For SOME reason the hardest fight for me was the Bank Robbery (Order side; gave up and joined squirrels instead...this was on my first playthrough).Somehow I win that fight on the Order side on HARD but the first playthrough was on NORMAL....confusing :-\.

The Koschey is the hardest of all.The kikimore queen can be killed the normal way, though you're supposed to run away from her. See what a loser she is.

Jonigigolo said:
And Coccacidium was the hardest simple monster to beat...
Yes of course, how could I forget this nasty vegetable?
It's harder then Koschey, Javed etc. because later in the game Geralt has advanced in fighting styles, has more alternatives to use blade enhancements and potions.When fight the Coccacidium he doesn't have this variety and he is weaker.

I think he's talking about the Bounty HunterAzar Javed in Act 3 (or was it 2?) for being unbeatable

Claw said:
I think he's talking about the Bounty HunterAzar Javed in Act 3 (or was it 2?) for being unbeatable
I learned it helps much if Geralt uses Willow for this fight... or forgets it, resp. the player forgets it :whistle:

I vote for the Beast in Act I. The Koshchey is damn tough, but for where you are experience wise, i think the Beast is the hardest.

On medium level I literally fried the Koshchey with the Igni sign - a stroll in the park, ludicrously easy. I really think that the fights at that level stopped being difficult altogether around mid-chapter 3 (when your character has become powerful enough). So I guess the damn beast is fireproof at the hard level?

I found the beast fight to be the hardest one of all, the rest were prety easy. If I dont get lucky on the beast its a reload and try again job.

I agree with Bearded_bard that the later boss fights are too easy. I have no idea why so many people list the Koshchey (bonus points to CDP for referencing Slavic mythology ;) ) as their hardest fight-in my first playthrough on normal I literally just beat on it with Strong Silver and it died. I died a few times to the Beast, the Coccacidium (sp?), and the Kikimore Queen before i realized how to beat it. The hospital battle in act V was probably my most intense fight though, as I chose the neutral path and thus had to fight the Scoia'tael AND the Order without a chance to rest.

I think when you reach Act III you get accustomed to the fight mechanics and application of potions and blade enhancments. And foes like Avad or the Koshchey seem easier than the Beast. I was afraid of Avad and his pet because of all his nasty threatening but it was easier than I expected.

Top Bottom