[GENERAL] Ingredients and Potions discussion

+
gamewidow said:
if he did not use the item then he must have read a book or scroll or been told :)
Aha, that must be the case! Thanks! =Dedit: for some reason bold didn't work, what I meant was: Geralt must've been told by someone, thus getting the journal entry.

Well done. Several errors though:potins->PotionsResistences->ResistancesBlack Blook-> Black BloodCinfrid -> Crinfridpoisonned->poisonedAlso, potions like Kiss remove the effect as well as providing resistance.Hanged Man's Venom effect is permanent (its a bug though)Certain oils like Specter etc can be used on Steel as well. Not as effective, but good in early game when you need them.

Just downloaded it, and it still says 'VITIROL' instead of 'VITRIOL'Thanks for your effort! :peace:

Granjow said:
Oh. Grrr. You mean, the order of letters matters? :whatthe:Thanks.Granjow
Any time :)Consider yourself downloaded & printed. In Technicolor ;DGreat table. Somehow perfectly fits my needs. :peace:

I just recently purchased and started playing the Enhanced version of the game. One issue is driving me nuts. I have level 3 intelligence but still cannot seem to brew potions. When I go to journal and select a formula, nothing happens. I would expect to see the vial and then the hourglass to brew it. But when I select a formula, I see none of this. I would appreicate anyone who can give me some advice.

You want to brew?You have to meditate and then instead of chosing talents you have choose the potion icon, when you have the ingredients for a known potion the letters of the potion ate white, you can click on it then ;)Hope it will help you

Where do you get the formulas for mutagenic potions? I have a formula and necessary ingredients to Frightener's Vision but I could not get any mutagenc abilities by drinking it. Only 1 extra normal bronze talent. Is that really so?

Correct :) Most of these mutagenic potions grant you talent(s) or upgrades. There is also an ingedient called Mutagen but this is much later in the game. This is just an ingredient you harvest from monsters, it has no special abilities. I don't know if I ever had a change to use it :hmmm:

Hey all, I have owned the game for while now, put it on hold for the EE to come out, and I have been playing through it, loving it (though not at first, it is a subtle acquired taste), and have a question that has been bugging me from the start.I figured potions were a hassle, but I have learned the alchemical stuff as I have had more use for it, but one thing that bothers me is the potion management. There is only one quickslot that I can see, and this only can hold one potion type at a time correct? Am I missing something here, or is the potion slot kind of useless in a game that can be paused in combat?Also, I have noticed Blizzard makes the game reaaaaallly slow, for a decent period of time. Is there a way to minimize this, is it a glitch? Or is it an intended side affect, even outside of combat? I don't use some potions because of fear that I will take ten minutes to walk ten feet after being victorious in combat.

quickslots can hold as many identical potions as will stack (10 i think) ... if you cannot stack your potions it is because they are not the same. Not the same you say? but they are both swallows! ... well, a plain old swallow potion will not stack with an albedo or rubedo dominant swallow potion ... that part took me a while to "get"so your quickslots work like any other slot, except they are available without resorting to opening your whole inventory. The number of quickslots varies with your armor:regular leather jacket = one quickslotexcellent leather jacket = two quickslotsraven's armor = three quickslotsenjoy! :D

Top Bottom