General performance issues since 1.04

+
General performance issues since 1.04

Hello,

have (like the other thread) audio stuttering (cutscenes and menu) and heavy framedrops in the whole game on ps4.
Cinematics have framedrops like never before, the world map does stutter heavily and during play the game it was much smoother before 1.04.

Wish i could go back to 1.03.....

Hello,

have (like the other thread) audio stuttering (cutscenes and menu) and heavy framedrops in the whole game on ps4.
Cinematics have framedrops like never before, the world map does stutter heavily and during play the game it was much smoother before 1.04.

Wish i could go back to 1.03.....
I notice the audio distortion in the menu, but for me things are running better for the most part :)
However, I only have TW3 downloaded as my only game on my PS4 and I delete all my old witcher 3 saves from my last patch.
e.g I only keep two manual saves going at any given time and I delete any and all captured video data bullshit, I don't know if it helps, but v1.04. is better for me even though there are still things that need to be fixed in the long run ;)

Ye, from what i noticed so far the menu music is totally broken and the map is near impossible to use, atleast for me with the majority of the map stuff already done so theres lots of icons, lags soooooo bad it makes me cry.

I hope CDPR fix that framerate issues this time in 1.05...laggy cutscenes, frame rate drops when the faces are close to camera, fps drops when there is many faces. It doesent work smooth. The game works better only clear time, but when it gets dark with mist, smokes, torches, rain, wind ect gives bad performance overal. This time 1.05 should fix it 100%, focus only that CDPR please...

Also the horse stutter it still bad.

My game is running better, with better FPS now. Still drops around fire and rain though. I got a few loading errors at first but nothing for a while now. I have the menu music stutter but the map is fine.

I did a PS4 database rebuild, maybe that helps as well?

Last edited:
Hello,

I am having issues too. Just now i turned on my ps4 and start the witcher 3, it appears there are some changes in the game so read your tutorials.. after reading them i dont really find anything new, however, as i start playing the fps seems very lower than it used to be in patch 1.03... i have lag on almost every move... I hope some fixes come up fast because its quite annoying or atleast to go back to the previous patch before they release some fix...

AFX79

Forum regular
Ive had issues too......as confirmed by you guys audio stutter in the main menu and during cut scenes texture pop in which is quite distracting. Though i love the game i did have a better experience with 1.03, sorry CDPR.

byby

Forum regular
My game is running better, with better FPS now. Still drops around fire and rain though. I got a few loading errors at first but nothing for a while now. I have the menu music stutter but the map is fine.

I did a PS4 database rebuild, maybe that helps as well?

Really work for you ? Can you please prove with video...

Pop in is way worse. When i went to the Novigrad blacksmith i had to stand there and wait 30 seconds for his head and torso to load in.

I have yet to run into any significant performance issues that everyone else seems to be having. Not denying that there is a drop in FPS for some people I just haven't noticed it at all.

Registered just to say I have the same problem. I've played for over 100 hours and have never had any issues... until the 1.04 patch. The game keeps stuttering; it's like every second or two it skips a couple of frames. It's made the game almost unplayable for me. I did a database rebuild but it hasn't made any noticeable difference. Hoping for a fix soon.

Registered just to say I have the same problem. I've played for over 100 hours and have never had any issues... until the 1.04 patch. The game keeps stuttering; it's like every second or two it skips a couple of frames. It's made the game almost unplayable for me. I did a database rebuild but it hasn't made any noticeable difference. Hoping for a fix soon.

Yes, this issue is the same i have. Like something blocking every second frame. I have this issue in the whole game, the whole cutscenes and in addition in the menu with audio stuttering...gnarf.

Top Bottom