[GENERAL] Potion Toxicity

+
[GENERAL] Potion Toxicity

I can't work out the rules on getting clear of toxicity. Sometimes when I meditate it clears completely, sometimes it doesn't. I can't see a pattern.It's fine once you know how to make white honey, but I'm on my second run through and haven't got that recipe yet. Does anyone know how this works? I can see that the longer you meditate the more it reduces, but sometimes an hours meditation will clear quite a high toxicity and sometimes it doesn't? :-\

Seems all you can do is meditate for another hour if you want to get to zero tox.Sometimes if you've been seeing red spots a second hour meditation will still not totally clear toxicity and you need a third.Of course if it's your second play through and you wrote down or remember the recipe for White Honey
Vitriol+Rebis+Aether
you could just make some using experimental method.

Thanks M.R. - I do have a printout of all the recipes, but I'm not making them until I find them in the game.I find that sometimes an hours meditation clears a lot of toxicity and sometimes it doesn't. I am wondering if where you meditate or if you're adding talents or making potions makes a difference to how much your toxicity clears. I will take more notice from now and see if I can work it out.The first time through I didn't have a clue about a lot of what was going on in the first few chapters - it's great going through again with a clearer idea.

Potions differ in their toxicity http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Potions_at_a_Glance You can make potion on Albedo base to keep the toxicity low. And later in your endurance tree there is an talent which tolerates the toxicity.

Thanks for that Petra, I do make potions with an Albedo base and take that one first if I am taking a few potions. I was really asking about the length of time it takes to clear your toxicity when meditating and as this doesn't seem to me to be constant I was wondering whether it makes a difference depending on where you are meditating and/or whether you are adding talents or mixing potions during the meditation.As I said I'll start taking more notice and if I see a pattern I'll post what I find. :)

I'm thinking you get some random roll and it clears more the luckier you are.Today from 50% tox taking 1 hour med sessions after 3 attempts there was still maybe 7% toxicity.No potion making or talent distribution involved.At other times 1 hour has cleared the whole 50% tox.

Thanks M.R. I'm glad you've noticed what I noticed.Yep, it might be some random role.It's funny 'cause although it doesn't matter, usually, how long you meditate for, I really resent "wasting" time meditating. I want to be out and about doing and talking and collecting! :D

Allo guys,Swallow has medium toxicity, so u guys said if I use 4 ingredients that all has the secondary item albedo, I can reduce the toxicity to low ?

Gajhosei said:
Swallow has medium toxicity, so u guys said if I use 4 ingredients that all has the secondary item albedo, I can reduce the toxicity to low ?
What happens is you get a dominant albedo potion.When you drink it an icon will show up for about an hour letting you know you have the albedo effect.Any potion you drink during this period, including the dominant albedo one you started with, will have lower tox.

Hei, I have read book about fleders n killed maybe ten fleders but they don't drop any wing membrance. What I missing at? :wall:I'm in the second playthrough with hard mode, in the middle of Chapter 2. I need wing membrance cause it contains rebis with albedo that usefull to make a swallow with reduced toxicity.Oya, M.R said that "When you drink it (potion with dominant albedo), an icon will show up for about an hour letting you know you have the albedo effect. Any potion you drink during this period, including the dominant albedo one you started with, will have lower tox."So in example, the most usefull and easy to get potion with dominant albedo is tawny owl. So I drink it then drink swallow (medium toxic), means the swallow become more less toxic ? How much less ?

Gajhosei said:
So in example, the most usefull and easy to get potion with dominant albedo is tawny owl. So I drink it then drink swallow (medium toxic), means the swallow become more less toxic ? How much less ?
Not sure but it's easy to work out.Make a save game.Drink a swallow when you are at zero tox then check your tox level.Then reload and drink your albedo tawny owl and check your tox level, then drink the swallow and check again.

Gajhosei said:
Hei, I have read book about fleders n killed maybe ten fleders but they don't drop any wing membrance. What I missing at? :wall:...
Hmm .. so you have the book "Vampires: Facts and Myths" that adds wing membrane to your knowledge/ ingredients?The only thing I can think of is perhaps needing the "Intelligence / Ingredient Extraction" talent.

It's something that confuses me. I know it affects Geralt's performance, but I don't know when. Does he get worse after the green bar gets full or does he get worse even after drinking one or two potions even though the bar is only half filled for example?

After about 33% you get red dots which increase in frequency and size as toxicity goes up. Also, potions you drink will start reducing your vitality in incremental amounts as well.Once toxicity is full, you die.

STGhost said:
After about 33% you get red dots which increase in frequency and size as toxicity goes up. Also, potions you drink will start reducing your vitality in incremental amounts as well.Once toxicity is full, you die.
thanks, I alway thought that once toxicity is full, I get intoxicated.

negative effects:-lowers attack so you have hard time hitting enemies-lowers defense-lowers potion effect, f.e. swallow regen doesnt work as good as when you have 0 toxicity level, white raffard's decoction heal is minimal-vitality damage

In addition to the other things that have already been explained, I think a performance decrement kicks in at around 50%.

Is there anyting official on this ?Somewhere in the Forums or maybe in the new manual/gameguide of TWEE ?Just the line "negatively affects Geralt.." from the original manual is rather dissatisfying.

This is what the manual says:"Witchers’ potions are essentially potent poisons to which the witchers haveacquired a certain tolerance. Nevertheless, potions contain toxins that increasebody toxicity when consumed. This may produce unintended side effects oreven cause death in the case of an overdose. When using potions, make sureto monitor Geralt’s Toxicity. Side effects will appear when Toxicity exceeds thehalfway mark and then increase in intensity as toxins are added. In the case ofserious poisoning, red spots will appear on screen and become more intense asGeralt approaches maximum poison tolerance.To reduce Geralt’s Toxicity, drink the White Honey potion, rest for severalhours, or perform the Purification Ritual in a Place of Power."

Top Bottom