[GENERAL] Potion Toxicity

+
However, there is a talent (Altered Metabolism) that actually INCREASES Geralt's combat abilities when his Toxicity is high.

Normally, Geralt takes penalties to attacks & defenses, loses half his hp (but can be regenerated if eg. swallow is active), and a couple of other side effects at really high toxicity (which I don't know 'cos I never tested at silly levels).

The game only says it will affect Geralt's skills when it's too high, but what are the exact stat changes?There is this perk gives Geralt some benefits when he is under influence of toxic, but i dont know what are the stat changes of high toxicity so i dont know if it's worth to learn the perk

When your toxicity is too high you see red sparkles appearing on the screen, Geralt gets weaker and has less chance of hitting, but I can't say the exact dates for that.Here are the possibilities to lower the toxicityhttp://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Character_statistics#Toxicity

There are two types of toxity. One is a side effect when Geralt consumes the potions and one is poisoned / venomous damage from creatures.If Geralt drinks too many potions (in particular with high toxity rate) he can die. You can avoid a high rate of toxity from potions when you prepare your potions on Albedo base or use a talent on Poison Tolerance. I wouldn't say it's a waste of talents.

I think even on lower levels (50% and up) that it lowers your hit chance as well, so it should be avoided at all costs.

well, i know it kills you when it is filled, but i want to know the exact change on your statistics, thank all of you for replying anyway~~ :Dthe confusion is mostly here, the talent "Altered Metabolism", it gives Geralt # Pain Immunity# Poison Immunity# Resistance to Bleeding +25%# Attack +25%# Dodge +25% when his toxicity is high, looks alright.But the problem is if i dont know the exact stat changes i wont know if this perk is a worthy one, if the negative effect is greater(or even) than the positive effects it will be unwise to learn it, right?

i don't think anyone has actually figured out "altered metabolism" completely ... and believe me, there's been plenty of discussion!personally, i have never bothered with it, as there are too many other attributes i prefer to spend my talents on ... so i can't honestly say, but the consensus seems to be that it's not really worth it. :peace:

The vitality loss occurs when toxicity hits 75%, I think.
vitality loss? But witchers are supposed to be able to regenerate lost health..Besides, with a toxicity this high, it's a fairly high chance that one of the potions would be swallow, or at least one of the potions would be rubedo-dominant. So this vitality loss isn't really a bother, right?

it depends on the relative rate of regeneration ... if you are losing vitality faster than you regenerate it, you will die :peace:

I'm not sure if witchers have a natural ability (in this game) to regenerate lost vitality. You must invest talents for vita regeneration :hmmm:

does high toxicity disable you from casting signs? Probably it was just comp buggy or overloaded but I've noticed that a few times during hard fights like koschchey/Javed when Geralt is loaded with potion effects and such..right clicking does nothing. Even left clicking doesn't always respond as it normally should..or maybe the keyboard/mouse are just responding to my adrenaline level? :teeth:edit: After drinking a white raffard's at 75% toxicity it jumped to 99% exactly, I suppose that's a "last ditch" kind of a notice for players that have forgotten about the chance of dying from high toxicity. The effects were pretty cool :pand another edit: I know it's rather off topic, but I've no idea where to post it - I can't find where I can change my avatar *sigh* very stupid. More precisely, I'm looking for a nice frightener avatar, around 200x200 size if possible, if such exist. Please PM me if you can help with that, so the thread doesn't get hijacked =\ Thank you.

flashintheflesh said:
no bug, high toxicity level disable signs
Do you have any figures on what happens at lower levels of toxicity as well, flash_in_the_flesh? I.e. Hit accuracy, pain/bleeding resistance etc.

Upon my 8th playthrough, I realized that while I use potions on occasion during the game, I never paid too much attention to the toxicity level of many potions (drink, meditate, play on).My questions are as follows:- Does Geralt's Level impact on the toxicity of the potions in the game at all? (That is besides that Gold Level Talent which specifically says so)- Does the difficulty level likewise impact upon it? (I know it impacts on the DURATION, but does it affect toxicity?)I wanted to ask this, as the english Wiki and the manuals always refer to potion toxicity as being "Low" "Medium" and "High", but I've never seen anyone actually list the toxicity level in number format...For Example:Blizzard 20Swallow 18Wive's Tears 14etc

so open them up un d'jinni and check ... i'm starting to get annoyed by people complaining that i don't have enough detail in the wiki -- i am ONLY ONE PERSON

gamewidow said:
so open them up un d'jinni and check ... i'm starting to get annoyed by people complaining that i don't have enough detail in the wiki -- i am ONLY ONE PERSON
:peace:Sorry if you took this as a complaint. Far from it. I am a fan of the Wiki and wouldn't dare complaining about its detail.Just a curiosity thing - I certainly didn't mean to irritate anybody. :-[ I just thought perhaps the tox levels weren't listed numerically because they were a sliding scale depending on difficulty - thus "Low" "Medium" and "High"...On the topic of extreme toxicity, I've had running disabled when close to tox-death.

i don't know exactly, so far all i've found are the ranges, no specific values i imagine it's relatively easy to check if one is focussed ... check your toxcity, then drink the potion, then check again ... do it at a few different points in the game and see.i just don't know when i'll actually get to that, so if someone cares to try first and report, i'll happily add the findings to the wiki :peace:

Does drinking this also negate the beneficial effects of other potions? Reason I'm asking is because I quaffed a good number of different potions preparing for the boss fight at the end of Chapter 1, and then drank a white honey potion. *Poof* all the symbols on the wolf medallion disappeared!Bug, or (more likely) am I missing something?

Top Bottom