[GENERAL] Quests I can afford to skip

+
[GENERAL] Quests I can afford to skip

In my opinion, there are a lot of useless, time consuming quests that I can afford to miss.Vesna getting homeGramps in the swampDrowners for LeevaurdenCarmen prostitute questCarmen werewolf questDog Tallow5 Cockatrice feathersFeel free to add to this list. :hmmm:

As long as Geralt gets Orens and exp no quests are useless ;DI mean useless is relative, do you really need to fulfil all contract quests. Geralt is a witcher not a courier. But I do all quests to get the reward. Minor quests I do when Geralt is on the way to other important missions.

If you don't like 'em, of course you don't have to do 'em, but I enjoy the minor quests; they remind me that life goes on even in the midst of Great Events. Maybe there's a war brewing, but
Carmen is still in love with Vincent but believes that Vincent doesn't love her back
, and ordinary people still need and want ordinary things.

They're also fairly expendable so offer you some nice decisions. For example, I didn't kill the Wraith for Hildegard, since clearly he had arranged his husband's death and the ghost had appeared for vengeance. Ghosts don't just appear, so I'm inclined to believe that his wife is a whore if he says so.

dlevere said:
In my opinion, there are a lot of useless, time consuming quests that I can afford to miss.Vesna getting homeGramps in the swampDrowners for LeevaurdenCarmen prostitute questCarmen werewolf questDog Tallow5 ****** feathersFeel free to add to this list. :hmmm:
1. If you don't want her card i guess not. But your still missing out on free exp when your going that way anyway to see the Reverend.2. Again, you'll probably be wandering the swamp killing stuff for exp + the contracts and the Coccacidium (sp?) trophy, you may aswell take him. Plus you get the Hanged Mans Venom recipe from him a bit later and more exp.3. Takes no time at all. You get it, kill a few Drowners, carry on with things in the swamp, then go back later for the reward.4. The likelyhood of you wandering the town at night are pretty damn high, may aswell make some extra orens/sex card for it.5. Decent exp upon completion, decent mutagen if you cba to do the entire thing, again, wandering the swamp which your doing anyway for half of it.6. Dog tallow is surely bugged because it acts as a 5slot blade coating and you can get loads of it around town. Some free exp + orens again.7. ? Er cockatrice feathers from the cave in the swamp? Well you go down there anyway for another quest, plus they're decent exp.If the quest involves killing, you may aswell do it. Exp for killing, exp/orens upon completion. FedEx quests tend to involve areas/people you need to see anyway.

FedEx quests ;D ;DI guess it depends on how you like to play the game. The contract quests, for example: If you play Geralt as a witcher (and not a gambler), you're pretty much dependent on them (at least until you have bought all necessary books and the excellent leather jacket). Personally, I think that they add to "realism", because killing monsters for cash is what witchers do. As for the other side quests: I like them because they're a nice break from the grim Salamandra hunt. Not important for the plot, but fun nonetheless.

Ya u should do all the side quests, they can be very usefull and some can be done while doing the main quest, but i couldnt do the quest to kill 6 dogs, they reminded me of my own dog..... :'(

I don't think there are many quests at all the require that you even go out of your way to do. All the contracts (with the exception maybe of the Dogcatcher of Vizima) can be accomplished in your normal day to day fulfilling of the main quests ... i mean, these monsters just throw themselves at you anyway, why not skin'em and get the cash? ;D

Top Bottom