General Strategy to FTP: Mill your cards from other factions

+
General Strategy to FTP: Mill your cards from other factions

Here's a nice FTP hack: If you know for sure which 1 faction you want to focus on, mill all your starter cards (including commanders for 200 scrap apiece) from all your other factions. This will net you like 1200 scrap that you can use to craft several good epics and build a decent deck.

I'd rather have the other cards and not need them than need them and not have them. plus changing decks would take a few days as opposed to minutes.

That's fine if you want to buy kegs to enhance your decks without milled scrap. I intend to FTP, and this is the best option I came across.

Don't do it, you will regret it in the long run.
No matter how much you love 1 faction at the start at some point you WILL get bored and wan't to try something else, and that hill is ever so harder to climb once you've already milled away your cards.

Nope,... Got all fractions unmilled, still having Scoia'tael on level 14 totally playable, beating players who did what you described here piece of cake. All you need is to focus on one fraction, but it's idiotic to destroy all other packs, you might like them in future, when some changes could be made. You will regret then. Maybe it's good in Beta, but it takes like 5 days to get useful deck and win, even without milling.

Very-very bad idea, op, very-very bad. In games like this one you need to know your enemy to be able to see their strategy and counter it effectively. The only way to do it is to try and play all factions and try and create different builds. Milling everything for monsters might get you a few easy wins, but you won't be progressing as a player and you will start losing quickly to better players.

Milling other decks isn't necessary. The limit for gold and silver is reducing the advantage from having many great cards significantly. And filling the slots for gold and silver isn't that hard.

Some pretty useful cards are relatively cheap for crafting and once in a while (not that often, but it seems to be getting better...) kegs will give you legendary cards. Doesn't take long to fill all slots and some cheaper cards may simply be the better choice for certain strategies.

I milled 2 decks to get a good start, but now I am going to have to spend 1600 scraps just to be able to play it in the future. I don't think its worth it and wouldn't recommend anyone to do it. If you desperately need scraps, there are better ways to get them. Also, CDPR is quite generous with f2p kegs.

Bad idea. Im stuck with Skellige which Ive found later is the most bugged and in favor of enemies. Now im doomed when others have learned to abuse bugs and broken combos.

I agree with OP, it's better to have one good deck than 4 bad ones. You'll save time and money. Just choose good faction (or that one you dropped legendary for)

Bad idea. Im stuck with Skellige which Ive found later is the most bugged and in favor of enemies. Now im doomed when others have learned to abuse bugs and broken combos.

I've seen good deck buffing Morkvarg base strength, but you probably may use Olgierd or Roach as well.

I didn't go all out on this. I milled Scoia'tael and Skelligs and kept NR and Monsters. Currently playing a semi-decent NR deck with about a 60% win rate. Not too terrible given how many Regises I run into.

Also, if people in general think this is a bad idea, CDPR should implement a basic rule:

Every faction has a "basic" leader and a "basic" card set (say, everything in your starter deck). These should be unmillable. It would prevent newbies from making this mistake and regretting it.

It's not a bad idea, its a personal choice. I did this scrapping all my Non-Scoia'tael cards and I was able to grab Zoltan, Ciri, the Witcher Trio and Yarpen and it helped me out immensely. Even if I had not done this, I really, really enjoy Scoia'tael and likely would not be playing the other decks so I'm glad this option was here.

Im curious what would happened if somebody would mill all his cards and then buy some most expensive then mill them again and so on so he would remain with no cards and like 20 scraps or smth. Would it mean that his gwent account is now useless for multiplayer?

As an Xbox player, card milling helped me out a lot. Xbox players can't currently buy kegs and there's no telling when that will change, so milling the two decks that I just flat-out disliked was the only way that I was able to get the two gold cards that I desperately wanted/needed in order to build my ideal deck.

At least while the game is in the beta stage, I think card milling is a decent alternative to buying kegs. I wouldn't mill all but one deck because that may leave users /too/ constricted, but fully milling one or two? I honestly think it would help more than it would hurt. Building three or four perfect decks is asking too much of pretty much any of us right now as it is, but building one or two isn't entirely out of the question. I'd say people are better off building one or two great decks than trying to upgrade four at once.

The problem with the milling of 3 factions would be that you are then committed to the remaining one. I don't know about you guys, but I was bored of the Scoia "boost the little guy" technique after only a few days (plus, people are now prepared to zoink the little guys really fast). I tried other Scoia moves then, and was utterly trashed.

At that point, I was seriously glad that I could give some other factions a shot. Else I would play other games now.

But sure, I could delete all that NR stuff, because i have developed a really strong aversion towards that. Wouldn't be all that much of scraps though, because I wouldn't delete Foltest and Shani.

But with 3-4 mostly functional half-baked decks I can play now, I don't see myself in such a desperate need of scraps to get those expensive cards that would make these 3-4 functional decks even better.

Meh, I milled three of the factions and am happy with my choice. Monsters are my favourite W3 Gwent faction and so the one I was most excited to play. By milling the other factions, it gave me as an F2P player enough scrap to make a good deck that I have fun with.

DziejopisWawel;n6858130 said:
Im curious what would happened if somebody would mill all his cards and then buy some most expensive then mill them again and so on so he would remain with no cards and like 20 scraps or smth. Would it mean that his gwent account is now useless for multiplayer?

Apparently, there is one guy on reddit who actually did it and in the end he had literally zero cards and was unable to do anything apart from buying kegs and getting new cards that way. CDPR managed to reset his account though.
Source:

I could understand milling one or two entire decks if you're really that desperate or have absolutely no interest in them (I got rid of Scoia since I had zero interest in playing them), but getting rid of all except one faction is limiting a new f2p player way too much.

nuclearunicorn7;n6948260 said:
I could understand milling one or two entire decks if you're really that desperate or have absolutely no interest in them (I got rid of Scoia since I had zero interest in playing them), but getting rid of all except one faction is limiting a new f2p player way too much.
Yep. It's good to be able to try something other than the same old once in a while.

Top Bottom